Did you collect rocks and minerals as a kid??

i did. i was deep in the game. the discovery store had all the money i earned as a kid. i remember wanting to become a geologist. rip the discovery store in my local mall

yup. never left the discovery store without stealing me some kinda rock, quartz, or mineral. used to throw a couple in my pocket, admire it when i got home,and then throw it in my rock box. my favorite was the golden nugget, or the tigers eye, though i had a pretty deep collection... i even had fossils and **##.

Hell yea. I remember getting a miniature collection of 12 minerals for a gift once. Then later as my friend and I were throwing random rocks, one broke and wesaw that it was mad shiny inside. For the next 2 weeks we would just chill outside with hammers trying to break rocks, getting sparks and debris in our facesand everything,lol.

laugh.gif

no

I had the mineral kit but whenever id ask my Mom's to set it up she'd always put it off smh.

i remember stealing some rock that looked like a diamond and a black shiny smooth one once when i went to a field trip to some caverns in middle school.... butnever really collected them

OMG, you have no idea. If anyone in this thread lives/ed in Philly and remembers that store on South St. that closed down a long time ago that had a fountainin the front right before you went in, thats where I got all my rocks and such at. It always smelled like incense (well they did sell it) and also had all thisHindu/Yoga related literature. They also had these crazy crystal growths that were dissected in half and cost like 500 dollars, as a kid I was like EEEEEKO____O

yea I remember this kid scratched 2 light colored rocks against each other and made smoke. So I started picking up any white rocks I come across. I also hadpet rocks before.

i thought i was the only one. for a number of years i would amass these large rocks & small "boulders" under and by the side of my bed thinkingthey were actually cool looking and that they would come to life if i kept them warm enough.

mom got pissed when i tried to pair up the stones in her garden with my small boulder collection

later that year i turned 27 years of age (j/k)

Back
Top Bottom