diddy getting sued by beautiful cassie vol. freakoff

Doesn’t mean it did happen either.

Puff been on the wrong side of a lot of things simply over public perspective.

He gave us this…..

A woman details a decade of horrific abuse with corroborating independent stories coming out from years ago, but it might not be true because of a song? Do better.

Gets harder and harder to take allegations serious when u settle in a day. Blatant cash grab

Yep that's exactly what this was.

The trainer dude she ran off with couldn't provide the lifestyle she was used to and the money they had started drying up.

Before she pushed out these allegations she hit up Puff asking for money, allegedly.

I said it in the music thread when this first broke that nothing was going to happen to Puff and he was gonna walk away scott free after settling for around $20-40 Million.

It just made more sense for his business and image to settle this quickly, but damb I didn't think it would be this quickly.

If Puff would have took this to court he would have won it I think cause she was trying to extort him and he had the messages to prove it.

But, again I'm not condoning or saying he didn't do the things she accused him of but I think she added a lot of fluff to the stories to make it get the attention that it did.

The trainer dude she ran off with couldn't provide the lifestyle she was used to and the money they had started drying up.

Before she pushed out these allegations she hit up Puff asking for money, allegedly.

I said it in the music thread when this first broke that nothing was going to happen to Puff and he was gonna walk away scott free after settling for around $20-40 Million.

It just made more sense for his business and image to settle this quickly, but damb I didn't think it would be this quickly.

If Puff would have took this to court he would have won it I think cause she was trying to extort him and he had the messages to prove it.

But, again I'm not condoning or saying he didn't do the things she accused him of but I think she added a lot of fluff to the stories to make it get the attention that it did.
Exactly she and her new boo just needed a lifestyle upgrade real quick.

I dont think anyone who has paid attention to hip hop or even just music/pop culture the last 30 years is doubting puffs guilt

Exactly she and her new boo just needed a lifestyle upgrade real quick.

I dont think anyone who has paid attention to hip hop or even just music/pop culture the last 30 years is doubting puffs guilt

Oh for sure I don't doubt his guilt and I believe some of her accusations.

Difference between Puff and these other celebs that were involved in high profile accusations is he didn't mess with minors (R. Kelly) or young boys (Mike Jackson)... that we know of or that we're accused of.

I wonder if Puff was crazy and controlling like this in the JLo days.

Gets harder and harder to take allegations serious when u settle in a day. Blatant cash grab

it’s a civil lawsuit.. I could understand if it was a criminal matter and they folded not to give evidence

but it’s asking a lot for a victim to really stick it out through the whole process when the objective is a financial reward through the courts.. if she goes to court clearly it’s going to be extremely public on top of the initial instance could take time plus if either side decides to appeal

clearly their is a degree of acknowledgement to her trauma give how quickly he settled

It's actually kind of sad though. Sure Cassie got paid, but if her allegations were true, then our supposed justice system is letting a serial abuser and maniac go free.

If you got a lot of money, you really are untouchable.

Sued, tho? Not trying prosecute and keep him from doing it to anyone else? Trying to get money? :smh:

All super rich people have a dark side to em, so this doesnt suprise me. Hope Cassie gets what she's after
But now Cassie is rich(er), how do you square that circle?

Everyone has heard the stories about Diddy throughout the years. I don't think it's surprising that a woman who was seemingly abused pretty horribly decided to go the civil suit route.
Consider the amount of horrible stories about Diddy that have been floating around. No police reports, no lawsuits, and almost no one speaks about it.

Civil reports have a lower burden of proof standard, first of all. That's a major incentive for someone like Cassie to get her story out there and some form of payback.
I'm sure she and her lawyers expected Diddy to try to kill this story immediately and pay a large settlement. I doubt they expected to ever get to trial.

With the criminal prosecution route, it's not even a guarantee that charges would even be filed. We all know how abuse cases fare under the criminal justice system.
Even if the investigation resulted in charges, Dittle has more than enough money to run up countless procedural delays to the point where Cassie can't pay her lawyer fees.
It's a common tactic in any type of lawsuit for powerful wealthy individuals, just run out the clock until the plaintiff drowns in lawyer fees.

Apparently a lot of “dudes” in here wanted justice more than Cassie did or wanted. Not sure what’s up with that.

It’s always been weird vibes around Diddy.

Don’t care what he does with his sex life it’s always been jokes to me.

He’s never done anything any other music executive hasn’t did to their artist.

I don’t know how he became the scapegoat.

I’ve always found Diddy hate corny but I just never cared to much to address it.

So if she was "serious" how should she have played this situation?
I Dont have the answers. Just think theres something foul about sticking it out with a monster for a come up down the road. And the women celebrating this for her arent the types i could take cereal

what part do you think is fluff? and how did you determine that?

I Dont have the answers. Just think theres something foul about sticking it out with a monster for a come up down the road. And the women celebrating this for her arent the types i could take cereal

Explain the "for a come up" part.

That is implying she stuck with him with the come up in mind.

You realize she could have been scared to leave right?

Explain the "for a come up" part.

That is implying she stuck with him with the come up in mind.

You realize she could have been scared to leave right?
Come up generally implies some sort of financial gain.

Yes, i already assume she was, for various reasons.

With how public this has gotten even with the settlement, there is going to be pressure on the powers that be to at least investigate further and potential bring criminal or federal changes

but given it’s a civil suit, not sure what justice some expected beyond monetary

Come up generally implies some sort of financial gain.

Yes, i already assume she was, for various reasons.

I know what it means, I just wanted to make sure I gave you a chance to clear up your logic.

So just to be clear, you believe she stuck with him simply because she knew it would one day pay off?

And what are the various reasons that make you feel this is true?

it’s a civil lawsuit.. I could understand if it was a criminal matter and they folded not to give evidence

but it’s asking a lot for a victim to really stick it out through the whole process when the objective is a financial reward through the courts.. if she goes to court clearly it’s going to be extremely public on top of the initial instance could take time plus if either side decides to appeal

clearly their is a degree of acknowledgement to her trauma give how quickly he settled
Right, it's a civil suit where the end goal was to hurt his pockets for what he allegedly did. The end goal was always financial, what does it matter if it came tomorrow or a year from now? This case wasn't for your entertainment. Isn't it better for the victim to get out sooner? A lot of this stuff would be difficult to prove in criminal, this was likely the only recourse.

I wish folks would step outside themselves and just have some perspective and self awareness and realize how they routinely address these issues. Then again it's one of the most difficult things to do.

Back
Top Bottom