Diet, Food, Health, Nutrition

So, my weight's been up and down since i was a teenager. Going as high as 236lbs and as low as 175lbs. Modern medicine says my healthiest weight for my height (5'10in/178cm) is 155-165 range.

However, I question that number since I looked borderline emaciated at 175lbs. Anyway, I've experimented with various diets, Keto being the most prominent. However, I've been feeling sick

from it recently and when speaking to relatives about diet/food/health they told me that growing up I didn't eat much poultry/meat. We ate fish and tons of veg, lentils, etc. I'm starting to think

that I wanna go back to that way of eating, maybe even try full ital/vegan for a while.

What y'all think about diet & health?

Do you eat ital, vegan, pegan, keto, paleo, low-carb, vegetarian, mediterranean diet, standard american diet?

Been watching her channel alot recently. Making me really considering the switch

Last edited:
I’m 5’11” 150. I fast twice a week though. I wanna get to about 170 though. People don’t realize how important fasting is....

I eats lots of seafood and veggies. Occasionally eat red meat. I hate fast food. I prefer home cooking. Potato’s, salads, etc. it just depends on my mood. I might eat seafood straight days.... then not eat seafood again for 2+ weeks. Maybe 3.

I also eat tons of fruits, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc.

Can’t even lie, I’ve tried a lot of those exclusionary/fad diets, but none of them last. I just try to eat organic/grass fed/wild caught when possible, and to add in veggies. I’ll eat carbs based upon my activity level, and I do minimal dairy. I also try to stay away from vegetable oils and high inflammatory foods.

Forever on a diet. I retain fat in the worst places.
Never had an issue putting on muscle, but literally burn no fat without strict diet and HIIT, or cardio.

with that said, I’m mostly low-carb and sometimes fullblown keto. I’ve done keto strict 90 days at a time and saw major results, but it’s not sustainable for me. When I binge, I binge for weeks, months..

I'm 5'7 150.. I have a small gut..I wouldn't mind being 145 but don't know about 140 or less

Find your BMR as BMI is outdated. BMR is how much calories your body burns just to function on a daily basis. This will be based on your age, height, weight, and activity level. Fit your macros (protein, carbs, and fats) into that number and adjust based on your body goals. Caloric surplus = Weight Gain, Caloric Deficit = Weight Loss

MyFitnessPal app is a really convenient way to track your day to day.

Forever on a diet. I retain fat in the worst places.
Never had an issue putting on muscle, but literally burn no fat without strict diet and HIIT, or cardio.

with that said, I’m mostly low-carb and sometimes fullblown keto. I’ve done keto strict 90 days at a time and saw major results, but it’s not sustainable for me. When I binge, I binge for weeks, months..

That's what I've been like. Counting calories helps but tracking this **** gets annoying after a while. I just want to be able to eat and not worry that I'm gonna get fat. Not to mention certain foods trigger sinus infection like symptoms for me. Food feels like a nightmare at this point.

I try to eat organic and non gmo when buying groceries. I eat grass fed meats from farmer friends. I limit processed foods and try to stear clear as much as I can of vegetable/seed oils cus of inflamation. Id say 85% of what I eat it healthy and eating out represents that 15% which exposes me to crap. Not perfect but I do the best I can so I can age as best as possible.

Never tried keto but I heard people experience "keto flu" when they begin the diet. Once your body goes into ketosis it goes away. But if you break ketosis (with cheat foods) you may feel sick again. It's a rigid way of eating.

Never tried keto but I heard people experience "keto flu" when they begin the diet. Once your body goes into ketosis it goes away. But if you break ketosis (with cheat foods) you may feel sick again. It's a rigid way of eating.

I dont get the ketosis sickness anymore, first month was rough. I will sometimes get "sick" when I work out during my fast.

Its a rigid way of living but you look foward to those cheat days.

Last edited:
Broke 20 hours while lifting. I was working off a can of Bang. :rofl:
Screenshot_20230819_144900_Clock.jpg

If you eat less and move more, you’ll lose weight.
If you eat less, move more and consume more protein, you’ll burn fat.
If you eat less, move more, consume more protein and strength train, you’ll burn fat and build muscle.

Imo a diabetic diet is ideal even for people without it. They just have the privelege to cheat sometimes

Back
Top Bottom