Difference Between Infrared Pack VI and Varsity Red VI?

I think the materials were different. Varsity's used suede and Infra's used nubuck...I think...I'm sure a more reliable source will chime in shortly

the same shoes besides the label & slight difference of red. Material is the same too.

The anti-static packaging bags to reduce oxidation (usually used with computer parts).
The air units were varsity red in the varsity reds and retained their original color on the Infrareds.

The white Infrareds had a different and smoother leather than the somewhat stiff and "plasticy" leather of the Varisty Reds.

The suede on the Black Infrareds and Black Varsity Reds is basically identical.  

I really wish they would have taken the opportunity given them with the Infrared pack to go back to the leather on the heel with the reflective material behind it like they did with the OG's.

Oh....dreams...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

The white Infrareds had a different and smoother leather than the somewhat stiff and "plasticy" leather of the Varisty Reds.

I think it was the other way around. The white/varsity reds used a softer, more creasable type of leather while the white/infrareds used that plasticy leather used on the IX's and II's from last year.

The anti-static packaging bags to reduce oxidation (usually used with computer parts).
The air units were varsity red in the varsity reds and retained their original color on the Infrareds.

I really wish they would have taken the opportunity given them with the Infrared pack to go back to the leather on the heel with the reflective material behind it like they did with the OG's.

Oh....dreams...
laugh.gif
The air unit in the Varsity Reds is black not red.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

The "leather" from last years IXs
30t6p3b.gif
its terrible ! i got a pair of IX's from 2010, shoes look fake with the leather/pleather used by JB !!!
sick.gif

Originally Posted by sincere

Oh....dreams...
laugh.gif
The air unit in the Varsity Reds is black not red.

nope, red. look closer.

Originally Posted by ijapino

I think it was the other way around. The white/varsity reds used a softer, more creasable type of leather while the white/infrareds used that plasticy leather used on the IX's and II's from last year.

It definitely didn't use the leather from the IX's and II's. It was the same leather as the motorsports, because it was higher grade.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by ijapino

It definitely didn't use the leather from the IX's and II's. It was the same leather as the motorsports, because it was higher grade.
This.  I coulda sworn that the leather on the Infrareds was more pliable than that on the Varsity Reds.  I haven't seen the Infrareds in a while, but I have my Varsity Reds right now and the leather is by no means soft and pliable.
Who knows, there could very well be pairs out there with leather switched up.  

Also, the air unit in the Varsity Reds is definitely red, not black.  @Sincere, if you got a pair with a black air unit, I'd be interested to see them.  
nerd.gif

Infrared pack was for the hype beast, all they did was change the shade of red and people bought the pack for 500+ while the varsity red went on sale and hit outlets for cheap
JB was
laugh.gif
 all the way to the bank

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Infrared pack was for the hype beast, all they did was change the shade of red and people bought the pack for 500+ while the varsity red went on sale and hit outlets for cheap
JB was
laugh.gif
 all the way to the bank

Obviously you've never actually seen the pack in person.

On the blacks I agree, but the whites were entirely different

I got a split pack, because all I wanted was the white infrareds

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

JB was
laugh.gif
 all the way to the bank

Obviously you've never actually seen the pack in person.

On the blacks I agree, but the whites were entirely different

I got a split pack, because all I wanted was the white infrareds

Yea man, and for me the thing that appeals to me on the Blacks is that air unit retaining its original color, or lack thereof rather. Just takes me back, 12 years old, chasin girls, dunking on the elementary school hoops, imitating MJ...oh damn...nostalgia..."Now back to the lecture at hand..."

Back
Top Bottom