Differences between CDP 11s vs Recent 11s (cg, concords, space jams)

Good morning all,
To all the people that have the CDP and at least one pair the recent 11s, do you notice a difference with the shape of the shoe?  I've been looking at pictures and for some reason, the patent leather on the CDP 11s seem to be skinnier than the patent leather on the newer retroes.  The most noticeable are is on the outside of the shoe where the patent leather dips.  I've the leather in this dipped area is skinnier/thinner than the leather in the same area for the newer retroes?

Anyone else notice this?  Also, anyone have the shoes available to compare in person?

Thanks

Originally Posted by jaysexxin

Good morning all,
To all the people that have the CDP and at least one pair the recent 11s, do you notice a difference with the shape of the shoe?  I've been looking at pictures and for some reason, the patent leather on the CDP 11s seem to be skinnier than the patent leather on the newer retroes.  The most noticeable are is on the outside of the shoe where the patent leather dips.  I've the leather in this dipped area is skinnier/thinner than the leather in the same area for the newer retroes?

Anyone else notice this?  Also, anyone have the shoes available to compare in person?

Thanks
This is too hard to understand
ohwell.gif
...PICS???

CDPs Anniversary's and 09 SJs all SUCK.

None of them have enough patent leather. It makes them look weird and pointy toed and even worse it makes them fit funny. My OGs and 2000s fit nearly a whole size bigger. I sold all of mine because they flat out SUCKED compared to the older models.

Im glad '10 CGs and '11 Concords looked, felt, and fit much better. I hope the Black/Reds and Columbia's turn our perfect ! (other than that backwards jumpman that I know isn't going anywhere)  

From looking at my CDPs, space jams, cool greys, anniversarys, and concord. I notice that the CDP and space jams share a similar smaller shape and tighter fit of the shoe. Toe box is also smaller.
While the cool greys, anniversaries, and concord are a bit bigger and nicer is overall shape, toe box, and also fits better for the feet.

But they all a distances behind the 2000s 2001s and the OGs. Even the DMPs are top notch

I agree, my CDP XI's is cut too skinny as far as the toe box/patent leather is concerned. I hardly ever wear them cause of this...

exact reason i sold my cdp xi they pl was way to short & they were very uncomfortable even after taking out the insole

I've the leather in this dipped area is skinnier/thinner than the leather in the same area for the newer retroes?

Sorry lol. The outside area I'm referring is near the shoe. Say you are looking at the shoe from the side. If you were coming from the front to back, it's the little dip after the toebox. Hope that makes sense. Currently on my phone so I don't have a picture but if you look on PYS, you can look at the pics for each of the XI's and the patent leather is noticeably thinner.

Thanks for everyones input. I just wanted to make sure my CDP 11's weren't the only ones that looked funny.

Love my spacejams ....comfort is definitely better than cdp 11s
Had CGs patent cut was better, fit was bigger. Comfort about the same as SJs

the patent leather cut can/will vary from each shoe. I've seen CDP XI's with PERFECT patent cut and then some that looked like they got dealt whatever was leftover.

It seems like the CDP 11's is the only one that has a problem with the 23 peeling on the back. It's always the worst in terms of comfort. It seems like the comfort level got better since the CDP 11's with every 11 (SJ --> CG --> Concord). Kinda sucks how patent cut varies so much on 11's. My CDP 11's are meh, not the worst but nowhere near the best. As for my Concords, my friend said that they looked like his OG's that he once had.

Cdp xi is crap, I've only worn my pair once and the 23 sticker is peeling. I've worn my cdp 12 about 8-9 times and they're flawless.

passed on cdp but my friend had to cop em so i have inspected his and they are just sad to me, this is my favorite colorway or my favorite shoe ever and i wouldnt own them for anything, now my 01s are good but my og's are the best and i havent worn my 01s in almost a year or more because i only wear the og. differences are obvious and im sorry but the 2011 concords dont look good at all and actually look better off of feet but thats me i guess

I only own the 2000/2001 retros.
from what i could see on pics, the
Ogs had most padding at the ankles
And much patent leather. The
Cdp had the worst shape and the
23 print comes off.
the 2010 and 2011 are ok.
Just wished the patent leather cut
At the heel would be higher and
tge jumpman on the left shoe
Not reversed.

Originally Posted by calikush

Cdp xi is crap, I've only worn my pair once and the 23 sticker is peeling. I've worn my cdp 12 about 8-9 times and they're flawless.

Yeah I had to peel the 23 off of my pair.
30t6p3b.gif

yeah cdp xis were just a step above variants .. the new concords had alot better quality than the cdps

Back
Top Bottom