Different leather/texture on my Jordan 1 black/red 2016 release (store bought and legit) - what to d

Yesterday I laced up my J1s for the first time since buying them on the released in-store. I did not notice the flaw on the toe box before I got to work. I realized that the red leather on the toe box on the shoes did not match when it came to texture and the look. The right shoe has more of a tumbled look, and the left is way smother. The color also seems to "pop" more on the left shoe. They are also produced on different dates according to the size-tags. Is this a factory flaw that I have the right to exchange my shoes/get a refund on? The store obviously does not have any shoes in stock :frown: 

Yesterday I laced up my J1s for the first time since buying them on the released in-store. I did not notice the flaw on the toe box before I got to work. I realized that the red leather on the toe box on the shoes did not match when it came to texture and the look. The right shoe has more of a tumbled look, and the left is way smother. The color also seems to "pop" more on the left shoe. They are also produced on different dates according to the size-tags. Is this a factory flaw that I have the right to exchange my shoes/get a refund on? The store obviously does not have any shoes in stock :frown: 

..View media item 2198968

View media item 2198969

View media item 2198970

What Sz are they? A lot of NTers would gladly give you a refund and pay shipping. If their an 8.5/9 I'd gladly take them off ur hands

Has nothing to do with quality. Expecting too much of a mass produced product will get you nowhere fast

Last edited:
it's just the nature of leather. not every cow has the same skin and even though, the same cow won't have the same skin throughout it's body. 

Many NTers and myself included have banned 1 with tumbled toe box on one shoe and flat leather on the other. Color differences as well, some dark, some bright, and some really dark

If you bought from an authorized dealer you have nothing to worry about

it's just the nature of leather. not every cow has the same skin and even though, the same cow won't have the same skin throughout it's body. 
laugh.gif

One of my swooshes has no tumbling whatsoever. Tumbled leather panels will be random. No mystery there.

I have cyber monday threes with different textures on some panels of leather . And yeah i bought it from a nike factory outlet. It has nice quality leather but its like the same with your shoe one has tumbled texture the other flat. Is that normal for that to happen they are legit since we bought it from a nike outlet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom