Dilemna about college

so basically here is the situation NT

its either go to a Big time University and not play sports
or
Go to a smaller DIAA university and play sports

im talkin about football & track.
i kno im good enuf to play football & run track at a smaller DIAA school

all opinions are welcome

Go to the big school. maybe you could work very hard this summer, improve, and try to walk on. or there's always IM sports. but even if you end up notplaying, the Big name school is better for your futire.

i say go to the small school...you might be able to get scholarships...push come to shove you can always transfer if you don't like it...

Go to the school that will set you up best for your future goals. Athletics isn't everything.

yea whichever one i choose will be good academically

The Big Schools
University of Miami
Florida State University
St Johns University
Fresno State

The Small Schools
Hampton University
Florida A&M
Valparaiso University
Cal State Fullerton

Figure out whats means more to you. Do you see yourself going pro in either sport? If not that should be taken into consideration. But if you really want toplay sports for the fun of it then go right ahead man.

the first thing you should do is cross off fullerton and fresno state from those lists

Given the list provided go with the big schools, you'll thank me later.

Plus you know how NT loves their big D1 schools.

Yo, if I were you, I'd first go into the smaller school. Although the school is not a big-time university, it is a big step for you. The classes are easiermost likely, that will only help your GPA, and you can also concentrate on your sports. If you work hard enough in both academics and athletics, you canpossibly transfer to a big college and play sports too. But, on the other hand if you go directly to the big school, the classes will be harder and youwon't be doing what might be the thing that helps you to go through college-sports. So, I'm saying that you should definitely go to the smaller school,cause you should not be down on yourself cause you can't play in bigger competition. If you really believe that you got what it takes, then show them bysmashing the competition at the smaller school so the big ones will take notice.

Depends if you get a scholarship or not.
If not goto the big school, because of the education you'll be getting for a job in the future.

I also want to add, know your priorities. I could have played volleyball at a small school and done that whole thing but in the end I ended up going to a Bigschool because I knew it was better for me in the long run. The people I've met, the contacts I've made and the experiences I've had are well worthit. I still played my sport in Intramurals and got a steller education as well. I do sometimes wonder what it would have been like to be a collegiate athletebut I'm not willing to forgo my education for it.

With that said you can always try and walk on at the bigger schools and earn a scholly. There's more money to be shared for that in bigger schools.

One thing you have to factor is the amount of time you have to put in for the sport. All of my friends that are in sports (D1 to D3) almost never have anactual off-season. My friend, a D1 wrestler at Rutgers, had maybe a month break. Now he's back into weightlifting + conditioning hardcore.

If you weren't recruited by a small 1aa school to play football don't think you can walk on. I play for hofstra, walk ons r treated as dummies, for 1stteam. 6am runs for 2 hours, meetings everday for 2 hrs, study hall for 2 hrs, curfew, etc. No matter how fit or talented you are, if you weren't reccruitedit will be an uphill battle. Most of our walk ons quit by the 3rd or4th week. But before you decide what school you wanna go to because you think you aregoodenough to walk-on, find out what they're attitute is towardswalk ons. Some scools desise them, other give them a chance. Don't base your choise onthe fact that you think your gonna pla ball, I could understand if it was a dii or diii but thelevel of competition is 1aa is the same, just that the averageheight per position is about 1-1.5 inches less.

I would go to Miami, probably the best education, campus, location, on your list not to mention the girls at MIami. You will probably enjoy that school themost, My cousin could have played football at Sacremento state, but decided to got to UC Berkeley and focus on education instead. he said now he is happy hemade that decision, he graduated only 3 years ago, and he works at cisco now and is makin about 150,000/ yr. on just an undergraduate degree. (GoodEducation+possibly playing sports >>>>>Athletics+#@%%%% education)

Flexo, honestly, I'd go to Miami. It's probably the best school that you got into. It will prepare you best for the future. Sports will give you a fewgood years, but the degree that you get from a superior institution will pay off in the future.

I'm in quite the dilemma myself, because I'm trying to decide between Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Penn State, Virginia Tech, and Arizona. But, because mymajor is undecided, I can't judge based on "what I want to do in the future". If I want to do Engineering, I go to GT. If I want to be a Vet orsomething like that, I go to N.C. State. If I want to do Journalism or something of that nature, then it would be Penn State. I just don't know what I wantto do in the future, so I don't know how I'm going to choose where I want to go to school.
ohwell.gif

Your decision should depend on the quality of education. Also, if you play sports your GPA isn't likely to be as high, meaning it could affect thepossibility of grad school.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Go to the big school. maybe you could work very hard this summer, improve, and try to walk on. or there's always IM sports. but even if you end up not playing, the Big name school is better for your futire.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

I also want to add, know your priorities. I could have played volleyball at a small school and done that whole thing but in the end I ended up going to a Big school because I knew it was better for me in the long run. The people I've met, the contacts I've made and the experiences I've had are well worth it. I still played my sport in Intramurals and got a steller education as well. I do sometimes wonder what it would have been like to be a collegiate athlete but I'm not willing to forgo my education for it.

With that said you can always try and walk on at the bigger schools and earn a scholly. There's more money to be shared for that in bigger schools.

Girl Volleyball players in those tight little spandex shorts are much appreciated
pimp.gif

Ok back to you

Like everyone else said you should go to whichever school helps out ur future the best

Those aren't smaller schools. Academics wise I'd go to the University of Miami or the other bigger schools solely based off the established alumninetwork and better education. Athletics isn't everything. Consider your future after school before making this important decision.

Back
Top Bottom