Dipset or G Unit

Who was more influential?

• G Unit

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dipset

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
I can't pick, I still play both of them like crazy.

Dipset was definitely more influential in the fashion world.

I don't think you can pick musically because they both had pretty big runs and left an impact.

Feel like it’s easy to say Dipset. Just think right now, what exactly did G-Unit influence, other than beefing and outcasting themselves to the point of stymieing their growth? Dipset may never have sold near what 50 and Banks did, but I’m very sure there are way more people listening to Diplomatic Immunity more than a lot of G-Unit releases today.

Dipset hands down in my opinion. G-Unit came out of the molds of Wu-Tang, CNN, Mobb, MOP, and the LOX which we already saw before. Dipset obviously out of the mold as well, but fashion wise they went into a different direction. When I think of the jersey era I think of Dipset on Rap Basement freestyles in football jerseys. If you weren't a big 3-6 fan, Dipet on "Sippin On Some Sizzurp" was brought to your attention. Like previously mentioned when everyone was wearing with Pink, and then the iced out skull belts. Lastly you had Mixtape Weezy wanting to be Dipset South so badly.

back then definitely g-unit. 50 hit the scene like a hurricane. Every member went plat and the Mixtapes are classics. gunit was more worldwide.

but now the answer is dip-set. the music aged better and the influence lasted longer.

I also think it's "cooler" to like Dipset. They were never hated like G-Unit. I think 50 is still kinda "cool to hate" so in the long run, it impacted how some people talk about G Unit.

But I'm not mad at anyone picking either, they both get played weekly in my house.

Back
Top Bottom