Dipset vs. State Property vol.Who do yu like better?

dipset is the only crew in NY that has there own style, u can tell a dipset song easily
but i noticed on the camron gangsta grills..dipset/the un rappers all rap the same and araabmusik sounds just like another heatmakers btw where is theheatmakers?

state property... but neither is a GREAT rap group. ::cue Wu-Tang Killa Bee swarm::

Agreed with SHWAP and Henz. I love both, but I'm going with Dip Set. State Prop may have more talent, but the Dips catalogue is too strong. Like forexample, every rapper in SP may be "better" than Juelz, but only Beans and Free have albums on par with From Me 2 U.

DI 1 & 2 > State Prop 1 & 2
CHWM & Purple Haze >= The Reason & The B. Coming
From Me 2 U >= Philadelphia Freeway

factor in Jimmy's 2 joints and all the mixtapes and it's an easy choice IMO.

Originally Posted by maddog345

SP never lived up to its full potential. Peedi, Oschino & Omilio Sparks had so much talent. I remember listening to Oschino's verse on Tales of a Hustler Pt. 2
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I thought to myself why hasn't this guy blown up. SP definitely had the better artists but I gotta go with the Dips on this one. They had some of the illest tracks during their era. If it wasn't for the Heatmakerz, I would give my vote to SP. SP wasn't on the same level as the Dips production wise.
I agree with this statement 100%

Originally Posted by jomitm

as far as a movement that was movin...y'all know who's to take between these two camps.

but sp are a better collaborative group of artists.

and ps. though they ain't really makin noise no more, and after all the bullshh they went through with the whole rocafella issue, most of sp still together, and still on that raw ***$.

<>.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*plays hot 97 freestyles*

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Agreed with SHWAP and Henz. I love both, but I'm going with Dip Set. State Prop may have more talent, but the Dips catalogue is too strong. Like for example, every rapper in SP may be "better" than Juelz, but only Beans and Free have albums on par with From Me 2 U.

DI 1 & 2 > State Prop 1 & 2
CHWM & Purple Haze >= The Reason & The B. Coming
From Me 2 U >= Philadelphia Freeway

factor in Jimmy's 2 joints and all the mixtapes and it's an easy choice IMO.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

D1>>State Prop 1
State Prop 2>>>>>>>D2
B. Coming>CHWM
Reason>>PH
Philadelphia Freeway>>>>>>>>>>>>>From me to U

On an album for album standpoint(with the few albums SP has accounted for) i dont think its a contest, imo. other than D1, i'll take any SP releases overDipset releases, even though CHWM is one of my favs, i think "The B. Coming" is slightly better.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Beans>>>Cam>>>SP>>>Dip Set

/thread

SMH @ Jay-z. Coulda had all this under the same umbrella..
tired.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
. Name one artist Jay-z signed to ROC that had marginal success ANDrespect. dont worry I'll wait. dude sold the ROC then signed Jeezy, Ross, and Ne-yo to def jam.

yall can't just factor in official albums tho. what about the mixtapes?

Diplomats vols. 1-5
Memorial Day mixtape
Back Like Cooked Crack pt. 1 & 2 (pt. 2
eek.gif
)
Writers Block tapes

among others...

during the height of the Set's glory days, they were the only movement moving seriously.

Back
Top Bottom