Discipline or Child Abuse? Vol. Boxing Your Son

So you think there is a correlation to how well a parent is educated/pushes education and spanking frequency?

Man...bad kids gon get spanked..da only thing this pops this that was stupid was airing out dirty laundry.

Cuz its obvious he loves his son.

Man...bad kids gon get spanked..da only thing this pops this that was stupid was airing out dirty laundry.

So despite the vast amount of scientific studies that state physical punishment such as spanking has significant negative consequences on the development of a child, much less beating him up, you see no problem here other than posting the video online?

That's beyond ignorant.

Let me guess, you're now going to play the victim about being called ignorant while completely ignoring scientific facts about physical punishment.

So despite the vast amount of scientific studies that state physical punishment such as spanking has significant negative consequences on the development of a child, much less beating him up, you see no problem here other than posting the video online?
That's beyond ignorant.
Let me guess, you're now going to play the victim about being called ignorant while completely ignoring scientific facts about physical punishment.

Yo, when kids act up, they get spanked.

You dont raise kids by analytics, you can cant even coach a team on analytics. Its all feel & situational.

Id loved you pullin out stats on someone's parent and their gonna politely tell you to piss off and "dont tell me how to raise my children thank you" :lol:

You dont raise kids by analytics, you can cant even coach a team on analytics. Its all feel & situational.

Id loved you pullin out stats on someone's parent and their gonna politely tell you to piss off and "dont tell me how to raise my children thank you" :lol:

women lie.
men lie.
But numbers, dem numbers don't.

That's beyond ignorant.

To be fair, I'm sure studies detail the effects of physical punishment on kids, but let's be real: parents can get caught up in the moment (like all humans with emotions) and beat their kids.

Although the dad fighting his son in this video probably had good intention/love, he went about it the wrong way, imo. When you're making your kid bleed, that's going a bit too far. Who knows how the kid will internalize this punishment? Will he be resentful or will he see the point his dad was trying to make? The dad took it one step further showing his lack of foresight when he posted this online.

Last edited:

Id loved you pullin out stats on someone's parent and their gonna politely tell you to piss off and "dont tell me how to raise my children thank you"
laugh.gif
I'm not telling you how to raise your kids. You can do whatever you want. I'm just saying physical punishment is scientifically proven to be harmful for children's development while other forms of punishment are proven to be more effective without risk of impairing the child's development.

I will never use violence on my children and possibly impair their development when I know of much more effective methods. You seem to think physical punishment is the only form of punishment parents can apply to their kids.

Since you love anecdotal cases; all physical punishment ever did for me was make me hate my dad. I learned a whole lot more from the non-violent punishment from my mom. When I did something wrong first she had a conversation with me about what I did, why I did it and why it's wrong. Then I got locked into an empty room for a while to reflect on my actions.

I learned a whole lot more from that than simply getting the belt if I did something wrong. All that ever taught me was fear.

Last edited:

Id loved you pullin out stats on someone's parent and their gonna politely tell you to piss off and "dont tell me how to raise my children thank you"
laugh.gif
I'm not telling you how to raise your kids. You can do whatever you want. I'm just saying physical punishment is scientifically proven to be harmful for children's development while other forms of punishment are proven to be more effective without risk of impairing the child's development.

I will never use violence on my children and possibly impair their development when I know of much more effective methods. You seem to think physical punishment is the only form of punishment parents can apply to their kids.

Since you love anecdotal cases; all physical punishment ever did for me was make me hate my dad. I learned a whole lot more from the non-violent punishment from my mom. When I did something wrong first she had a conversation with me about what I did, why I did it and why it's wrong. Then I got locked into an empty room for a while to reflect on my actions.

I learned a whole lot more from that than simply getting the belt if I did something wrong. All that ever taught me was fear.
As an aside, there's a running joke among older Asian folks/parents who say this is the "white people's way of punishment."

White people punishment = timeout

Asian people punishment = knockout

laugh.gif

Last edited:

As an aside, there's a running joke among older Asian folks/parents who say this is the "white people's way of punishment."

:lol:  

Think that applies to all immigrants :lol:

laugh.gif

Over here the asians I know were punished with the talk and then manual labor. LOTS of manual labor 
laugh.gif

An Asian kid I went to highschool with had to thoroughly clean the whole damn house for punishment 
sick.gif

That boy worked hard as hell in highschool to avoid that

Last edited:

laugh.gif

Over here the asians I know were punished with the talk and then manual labor. LOTS of manual labor 
laugh.gif

An Asian kid I went to highschool with had to thoroughly clean the whole damn house for punishment 
sick.gif

That boy worked hard as hell in highschool to avoid that
That was an alternative way, which, in hindsight, was probably a much better "punishment." I personally got the kendo stick/belt/mom's martial arts/Asian chancletas + extra chores.

By "punishment", I mean the kid would learn how to clean the house. But the parents would then make that one of his chores going forward, so less work for the parents to do while the kid gets a taste of humble pie and extra hard work.

Asian parents always try to guilt trip you. I would know. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
And I love when I hear the parents of serial killers and mass murderers say that they never put their hands on their child. Only time outs and stern talking. No names. :lol:  

Shut his *** down quick with FACTS. :lol:

Can always count on you to bring "da" ignorance.

Father didn't even have hands dude would catch that work from me. Then I would bang his chick in his bed saying I'm the man of the house now.

I don't think if education has anything to do with it.

Most of good parenting comes from common sense. I don't think there has been any point in my wife's life where she's looked at our daughter, after her doing something wrong, and thought they needed to square up.

There is no rationalizing this. It's abuse.
And common sense comes from EXPOSURE (education).

If the only exposure you have for parenting comes from your bad parents and your friends bad parents, what do you expect?

I don't think if education has anything to do with it.

Most of good parenting comes from common sense. I don't think there has been any point in my wife's life where she's looked at our daughter, after her doing something wrong, and thought they needed to square up.

There is no rationalizing this. It's abuse.
And common sense comes from EXPOSURE (education).

If the only exposure you have for parenting comes from your bad parents and your friends bad parents, what do you expect?

I think you and me are talking about two completely different types of education....in response to who I was addressing before you quoted me.

Back
Top Bottom