Disgusting: Kim Kardashian's latest Charity Move incites fury

Y'all getting mad at her for doing something most charities do who have "portion of proceeds" in the description just verifies y'all simply don't like the chick. This is how charities work.

Just seems like Becks did it with no hidden motive and kims was a well thought out PR move,

Lol.... They compared the women together = both PR wins. How about they send an assistant to just drop off bags of things without saying "IM FROM _____'s CAMP" btw, how much have you donated so far? Just out of curiosity..no atk. I havent done much so that makes her more of a person than i am.

Some of you guys are naive. It's obvious she's using the Philippines' typhoon as a marketing ploy to drive more traffic to her auction which SHE KEEPS 90%.
Had she just threw up an auction without using the Philippines then it's cool. She wouldn't get as much traffic. But she's using a disaster where people died to make a bigger profit than she originally would.
Yea she's loaded but everyone always wants more.
Yeah just how the NFL puts a ribbon on a shirt to get people to buy something from their website right? Had they just threw up a regular shirt and quietly donated that profit it would of been dope.

The fact that people commented in opposition to my post tells me all I need to know about the idiocy of these boards.

For the record, I despise most charities, and anyone who donates a % based on sales. If you're going to donate, do it. Otherwise, at least admit that you're doing it to drive attention/sales your way and don't deny it, acting like you're doing it out of the goodness of your own heart. It's a lot better than pretending to be something you're not.

That's why I respect anonymous donations the most. They just want to help in it's purest form.

bet that the majority of posters not finding a problem with this haven't donated a single cent :lol:

The thing is is that it benefits her more than the charitable effort.

I get that but this is a TV/Hollywood personality, not a world renowned humanitarian. if she's using her status to give ANYTHING why complain? Be grateful people are getting help. Yeah she's not a Brad Pitt or a Madonna but what do you expect from Kim Kardashian?

Like I said, dudes are real worried but I bet very few if any of the people complaining are boxing up their Jordans to ship over there. ****** worried about coppin that flat screen for 75% off next week.

I get that but this is a TV/Hollywood personality, not a world renowned humanitarian. if she's using her status to give ANYTHING why complain? Be grateful people are getting help. Yeah she's not a Brad Pitt or a Madonna but what do you expect from Kim Kardashian?

Like I said, dudes are real worried but I bet very few if any of the people complaining are boxing up their Jordans to ship over there. ****** worried about coppin that flat screen for 75% off next week.

:wow: Where is this?!?

The fact that it benefits the charity at all is all I care about. I couldnt care less about her motives, as long as money is being sent to help I'm cool. This has little to do with her to me, nobodys throwing on the cape. Someone just gave money to people who needed it and they get a thumbs up from me. Thats as far as it goes.

if everyone used charity to sell products while donating a small amount of their profits to charity the world would be a better place
Nah man, dont post that realness, you have to be cynical and constantly look for the wrong in things.

Last edited:
I'm real glad some NT'ers are seeing behind the hype of a celeb doing something wrong and hoping on the celebrity bashing bandwagon....

real question is did you donate any money?

Who gives a **** if she's not struggling atleast she's doing something to give to that charity.

I've said it in the Kendrick thread
I've said it in the Chris brown thread
I'll say it in this thread

**** kim kardashian

This thread won't end well

Everybody has their own opinion about this so let it rock. I personally don't care what she wants to do with her stuff or the proceeds

If she let it be known up front that 90% of it she would keep herself than cool, but luring people in and making them believe that they would be helping out more than they would by buying her crap is foul.

Where is the source of the idea that she's keeping 90%...

Being outraged...because other people are outraged isn't enough for me... I need proof/details.

They're not using breast cancer to get more people to buy their NFL apparel? Ok bud, thanks for clarification.

Maybe some fan lost someone to breast cancer and they'll be more than happy to rep their team while honorin a lost one, NFL does that, that's cool enough in my book..,,how's is the NFL comparable to Kim K again?

Yes I donated to my hospital that raised some money for relief and will donate here on NT....what's your point exactly by bringing up if others donated...?

So if one donate then one has a reason to formulate an opposing opinion?...got it.

Summary so far:

One side complaining that she is using charity aspect to garner more interest in her auctions and more profits for herself.

Other side making up a position that isn't even being argued and arguing against it - they are arguing that any donations are a good thing and better than not donating anything.

For the record, I just think she's misleading people that's all, she can do as she wishes or donate as much as she wishes, but she's placing focus on the charity, when the charity is prolly less than than what eBay gets....like someone said, if she was clear up front about it, it would be a different story.

Summary so far:

One side complaining that she is using charity aspect to garner more interest in her auctions and more profits for herself.

Other side making up a position that isn't even being argued and arguing against it - they are arguing that any donations are a good thing and better than not donating anything.

Yeah that's pretty much it, who's even saying a little donation is not better than nothing at all?....that's barely the point.

Dudes lack a lot of common sense I swear.

Back
Top Bottom