DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

I believe Jungle Book being successful and well-received by most is why Disney is calling on Favreau again for Lion King.

After thinking about it, I don't think they should've made him blue if they was going to keep his face like that.

Last edited:
I liked Jungle Book. Excited for Aladdin, despite me being very discouraged by Will Smith. I’m excited for the Lion King too.

I felt like this got swept under the rug

iphone_oz.jpg

aladdin-excl.jpg

dumbo should have released around valentines day, little to no competition instead of being sandwiched between CM, US and Shazam, Pet Semetary, Hellboy and then Endgame

We def should of had a February release.

I miss having a Logan, Deadpool, BP to start off my movie year.

Alita was not that :lol:

Lego Movie 2 flopped badly too and i think that might be what most studios didn't want to go against with this month

February is historically a "dump month" for films.

There's a few exceptions, but it's usually true.

i think its also just the quality of films and there isn't much this month

i think lego movie really surprised everyone the first time but the style and comedy kind of gotten stale quick and the franchise was drowning quick

lego batman was good but it felt rehashed and i honestly cannot watch it much these days and the ninjago was a huge disaster, a tv movie at best and it doesn't help that they already have a bunch of lego movies like jl, sw, hp, etc... airing on tv almost on a weekly basis

so i think people just got tired of it and the originality was gone by the time the sequel came out

fox should have released new mutants or dark phoenix this month and get it over with instead of scheduling more reshoots

not sure if its going to be live-action but its a popular premise these days...

BOOK OF ENCHANTMENT: Disney Moving Forward With Disney+ Series About Their Many Villainous Characters

Disney is working on a TV series which will focus on its iconic, villainous characters. Thanks to a new report by Deadline, we now know that this intriguing series will be named: Book of Enchantment.

Book of Enchantment will exclusively feature on Disney+ (Disney's upcoming streaming service). The show is based on a series of books by Serena Valentino which similarly focused on many of Disney's iconic villains - like Ursula of The Little Mermaid, the Evil Queen from Snow White, etc.

Michael Seitzman (Quantico) has written a bible and pilot for the show and is also attached as producer. That last role he shares with Christina Davis of Maniac Productions.

Disney+ is going to give netflix a run for their money

they are supposedly closing the Disney Vault and throw all of those classics at Disney+, as in their entire movie library

Back
Top Bottom