Disney World or Universal Studios....?

This chick I know is flying down to fl for a few days and I wanna go to an amusement park, shes never been to either one, I've been to Disney(magic KingdomFTW
smokin.gif
) but not universal. Rides wise which one is better and also otheractivities which one is better.

Both are great and would be fun. I prefer WDW any day of the week. The environment, service, and experience is unmatched. I think the rides are better atWDW but they are spread out upon the 4 parks. Both USF/IOA can be done in the same day for a lower price. Have fun.

Universal all day.... Islands of Adventures *****!!.. i live in Orlando so i would know

I'd personally enjoy Universal more... but if its her first time at either, you should go with Disney... more 'iconic' so to speak...

Islands of Adventure has the best rides as far as coasters go...but disneys themes and environment are unmatched.

disney is overall better.

universal is so small and you get bored since there isn't that much to do there.

Disney because it's her first time and she'll remember it but I of A/Universal because it's geared toward an older audience.

Originally Posted by zyzybalubah1

This chick I know is flying down to fl for a few days and I wanna go to an amusement park, shes never been to either one, I've been to Disney(magic Kingdom FTW
smokin.gif
) but not universal. Rides wise which one is better and also other activities which one is better.
yns

if the universal down there is anything like the one here in SoCal
smh.gif
go to DisneyWorld.
I have heard that IOA is off the chain however.

Disney FTW. Just came back from 5 days of greatness. It does have things that cater to the young and old and Epcot is the truth. You can experience so many newcultures together and learn about the future of technology.

i can tell you this right now...

disney world is gonna cost you more.
so if you want to just show her a good time without spending disney money, go to universal.

if you want her to go home saying "ZMG I HAD THE MOST AMAZING MAGICAL TIME EVARZZZ!!!"
take her to disney world.

and remember, if you do take her to disney, you gotta figure out which park you want to go to.
i suggest Epcot, but since its her first time, everyone wants to go to the magical kingdom
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[color= rgb(0, 153, 153)]If this girl is 7 y.o then go to disney..i love fast and crazy rides, and disney really doens'thave any....Universal was great and the hulk was[/color]
eek.gif

Universal Studios without a doubt!
There's also a movie theater and a few "clubs" at Universal for after hours entertainment when the parks close.

Originally Posted by That Valles Dude

[color= rgb(0, 153, 153)]If this girl is 7 y.o then go to disney..i love fast and crazy rides, and disney really doens't have any....Universal was great and the hulk was[/color]
eek.gif

the line for the hulk is
eek.gif
as well...

but once you get halfway down, to where the ticket guy checks to see if you have a speed pass, you can just go through the speed pass door. the ticketperson always walks away every 10 minutes to do some shh. we got on it 4 times and we'd just wait for ol boy to leave so we could jump lines
laugh.gif

disney-for kids
universal studios-only one fun ride, the rest is virtual reality stuff.
go to Islands of Adventure
EDIT: IMO Busch Gardens in Tampa is the most fun. it's worth the hour and a half drive

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

disney-for kids
EDIT: IMO Busch Gardens in Tampa is the most fun. it's worth the hour and a half drive

The Simpsons Movie Ride just opened up at USF (replaced Back to the Future). The Mummy along with M.I.B. is also fun.
WDW also has nightlife inPleasure Island/Downtown Disney complete with restaurants, clubs, and movie theater. Lines get crazy around this time at both, but Fastpass at WDW is free(limited availability) while the Universal Express Pass is about a $35 add-on per ticket.

Originally Posted by CowboyQuang

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

disney-for kids

The Simpsons Movie Ride just opened up at USF (replaced Back to the Future). The Mummy along with M.I.B. is also fun.
WDW also has nightlife in Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney complete with restaurants, clubs, and movie theater. Lines get crazy around this time at both, but Fastpass at WDW is free (limited availability) while the Universal Express Pass is about a $35 add-on per ticket.

really ? i think MIB is so over-rated. did i miss something?? shooting the aliens?

I went to disney last summer. It has some cool rides, but they are spread throughout the parks. Some fun stuff. But nothing to exciting as far as rides. Neverbeen to universal tho. And yes, teh lines at disney are forever, you'll do 3 things, and liek 5 hours have passed.

Back
Top Bottom