Distributors/Wholesellers

I've always wondered how guys get J's by the bunch to sell early... Can anyone help me w/ that one? Do you need a major hook-up, or what? How do major retailers go about this? I'm pretty young, and it's just a thought as of now, but i've thought about retailing kicks... But I have no clue where to start... Help me out NT.

I guess my basic question would be is: How would you order pairs of an upcoming release?

I've always wondered how guys get J's by the bunch to sell early... Can anyone help me w/ that one? Do you need a major hook-up, or what? How do major retailers go about this? I'm pretty young, and it's just a thought as of now, but i've thought about retailing kicks... But I have no clue where to start... Help me out NT.

I guess my basic question would be is: How would you order pairs of an upcoming release?

get a real job.

early release sellers, such as marqueesole and slamdunkspace, are all based in china.

get a real job.

early release sellers, such as marqueesole and slamdunkspace, are all based in china.

Have a connect at a factory where they can sell you the excess inventory/salvaged shoes (non-marked b grades).

Have a connect at a factory where they can sell you the excess inventory/salvaged shoes (non-marked b grades).

Apply for an account with Jordan Brand. I don't know how to do it but im sure thats an option if you can prove yourself worthy.

Apply for an account with Jordan Brand. I don't know how to do it but im sure thats an option if you can prove yourself worthy.

mexico-drug-money2.jpg

Originally Posted by ajkatt

Yep, you'll probably need to draft a proposal on how your store will be worthy.

Originally Posted by ajkatt

Yep, you'll probably need to draft a proposal on how your store will be worthy.

Take out a loan, register for a business L#, open a store, I'm assuming there's a applicant fee to apply for a JB account. (too also show good credit)
**If approved** 

Have a few thousand dollars on hand to buy your first few cases (12pairs) at cost.

JB has rules, regulations and terms you will be bound by, **I.E. You won't receive more than whatever your last shipment amount was.

(**So if you don't sell any off fast enough you might get smaller amounts available to you for the next shoe.)

Oh BTW, this will never happen unless...

1. You are rich and can afford investing in such a business venture.

2. You at least know someone at JB (cause 99.9% your going to get denied for not being a reputable seller or having any type of store front experience)

Take out a loan, register for a business L#, open a store, I'm assuming there's a applicant fee to apply for a JB account. (too also show good credit)
**If approved** 

Have a few thousand dollars on hand to buy your first few cases (12pairs) at cost.

JB has rules, regulations and terms you will be bound by, **I.E. You won't receive more than whatever your last shipment amount was.

(**So if you don't sell any off fast enough you might get smaller amounts available to you for the next shoe.)

2. You at least know someone at JB (cause 99.9% your going to get denied for not being a reputable seller or having any type of store front experience)

Originally Posted by lyricist343

**If approved** 

laugh.gif

you have no idea how this works

**If approved** 

laugh.gif

you have no idea how this works

**If approved** 

Everything is pre-booked way in advance (like 6 months). When you have a Jordan brand account you don't get to pick and choose the good stuff. There are order minimums and they limit how many of a particular style you can order. You are expected to order a wide variety of models. A typical order limit for a mom and pop shop is something like 18-24 pairs per style. Within Jordan brand the retro models are referred to as the "legacy line". As a JB account holder for every good retro shoe you get, you get stuck with 4-5 other styles aren't going to move very well.

**If approved** 

Everything is pre-booked way in advance (like 6 months). When you have a Jordan brand account you don't get to pick and choose the good stuff. There are order minimums and they limit how many of a particular style you can order. You are expected to order a wide variety of models. A typical order limit for a mom and pop shop is something like 18-24 pairs per style. Within Jordan brand the retro models are referred to as the "legacy line". As a JB account holder for every good retro shoe you get, you get stuck with 4-5 other styles aren't going to move very well.

Originally Posted by Brett19648

**If approved** 

there is a little more you need to take dont forget about the clothing 
also thats another reason mom and pop stores be beating customers in the head with the price at least in nyc

wholesale price stores pay is 53% of the box price on sneakers 

Originally Posted by Brett19648

**If approved** 

there is a little more you need to take dont forget about the clothing 
also thats another reason mom and pop stores be beating customers in the head with the price at least in nyc

wholesale price stores pay is 53% of the box price on sneakers 

Back
Top Bottom