DJ AM Passed

Originally Posted by 6demonbag

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Originally Posted by StreetZDreaM

When DJ AM was found in his apartment, he had eight undigested OxyContin pills in his stomach and a ninth in his mouth. The one unswallowed pill suggests that he was taking the pills quickly, too quickly for his body to be able to handle. Also, directly next to his body, investigators found a crack pipe. When his body was shifted, crack was found underneath him.

Along with drugs, DJ AM had propped a mirror against the front door of the apartment along with the door to his bedroom, making it more difficult for officials to get to him. He also had several personal items scattered out in the open near his body, including photos and love notes from his girlfriend, Haley Wood. The two had recently split up and when DJ AM was found, close to his person was a Valentine's Day card that read: "Thank God you're in my life. I love you."
looks like I was right.

RIP AM

How bout you go %%@# yourself for real, you are ignorant as to what demons were haunting this man and your thirstyness to be "in the loop" (which youre not) by talking your nonsense just exposes you for the heartless simp you are. A son, brother, friend, and mentor was taken from us way to early. Allow him the peace he so righteously deserves and keep your crap to yourself.

Thats real talk. Tell 'em Larry.

^ ^ ^

Yes, I believe Ben mentioned that there would be a public and private service.

RIP DJ AM
tired.gif
frown.gif

yeah i'mma be in the LA area this weekend and i would like to attend. i need info.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

RED FLAG is prob that same dude who blasted Ben on some youtube video a while back.
dude has an agenda for some reason.

anyway... 8-9 pills?....while I can't speak from personal experience I'm pretty sure that's nothing for a long time drug user
undigested, that's actually a lot... oxycotton is one if not the most dangerous drugs in the world

9th still in his mouth, meaning he went out cold as soon as he popped it , mirrors propped against doors, love letters scattered on the floor. that'ssuicide

RIP

anyway... 8-9 pills?....while I can't speak from personal experience I'm pretty sure that's nothing for a long time drug user
I can actually speak on this from personal experience. Anyone taking that many pills has a death wish. It depends on the milligrams, but even one80mg Oxy is enough to get super faded from. There's no way that anyone who has ever done Oxy (I'm sure AM had before) would ever take that much andthink that they could survive. R.I.P., a really sad situation, regardless of motive.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
lets see

needle + pills + love letters = suicide

and some of you dudes saying yall looked up to this dude?

sad world we live in

RED FLAG is prob that same dude who blasted Ben on some youtube video a while back.

When you're taking 8-9 pills of oxy, ESPECIALLY if they were 160mg (and even if they were 80mg), you are trying to kill yourself. On thatnote, he is a complete coward and I think it's stupid that any of you respect the guy as a man. As a DJ, sure, he was good. But think of everyone thatloved him and cared for him, think of what HE has done to them. Imagine if your best friend/brother/father/girlfiend just killed themself? You how terrible andhelpless you would feel? You'd be completely scarred for life, nothing would ever be the same. That's what he has done to all his family and closefriends, all over a girl. He took the easy way out and left all his loved ones to pick up the pieces. He shoulda died in the plane crash and one of his otherhomies shoulda lived.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

When you're taking 8-9 pills of oxy, ESPECIALLY if they were 160mg (and even if they were 80mg), you are trying to kill yourself. On that note, he is a complete coward and I think it's stupid that any of you respect the guy as a man. As a DJ, sure, he was good. But think of everyone that loved him and cared for him, think of what HE has done to them. Imagine if your best friend/brother/father/girlfiend just killed themself? You how terrible and helpless you would feel? You'd be completely scarred for life, nothing would ever be the same. That's what he has done to all his family and close friends, all over a girl. He took the easy way out and left all his loved ones to pick up the pieces. He shoulda died in the plane crash and one of his other homies shoulda lived.
indifferent.gif
shutup. JUST SHUT THE !*%# UP

if your family member committed suicide, your initial reaction would not be "HOW SELFISH!" "what a bad person!"

regardless of what adam did, his 36 years of life are not ignored just based on how he died. how stupid can some people act?

you're a fool. a heartless fool.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

if your family member committed suicide, your initial reaction would not be "HOW SELFISH!" "what a bad person!"
not true. it's sad, yes, but it's a selfish act. there are some instances such as being terminally ill, suffering from a painful disease,etc. where suicide should be up to the individual.

No matter what, suicide should never be condoned. What's wrong with some of y'all on here.
That's a weak way to go out. What a waste.

When you're taking 8-9 pills of oxy, ESPECIALLY if they were 160mg (and even if they were 80mg), you are trying to kill yourself. On that note, he is a complete coward and I think it's stupid that any of you respect the guy as a man. As a DJ, sure, he was good. But think of everyone that loved him and cared for him, think of what HE has done to them. Imagine if your best friend/brother/father/girlfiend just killed themself? You how terrible and helpless you would feel? You'd be completely scarred for life, nothing would ever be the same. That's what he has done to all his family and close friends, all over a girl. He took the easy way out and left all his loved ones to pick up the pieces. He shoulda died in the plane crash and one of his other homies shoulda lived.
indifferent.gif

While I understand what you're trying to say, some things are just better off not said. If you feel that way, you were better off not replying in thisthread. Let others pay their respects, no need to come in here and call everyone stupid for doing so.
tired.gif

indifferent.gif
@ some of the things said in this thread. This is not the time for the arguing.This community is mourning a fellow members death. Some people have NO hearts. The cause of death isnt relevant right now. The point is we lost a good man.

RIP DJ AM.
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

indifferent.gif

While I understand what you're trying to say, some things are just better off not said. If you feel that way, you were better off not replying in this thread. Let others pay their respects, no need to come in here and call everyone stupid for doing so.
tired.gif
Cosign.

If you can't respect the person (whom you didnt even know personally) at least respect his accomplishments within his craft and keep it moving.

Its like after MJ's passing - most people stopped trying to judge him based off tabloids and lawsuits and finally just focused on what mattered most to him- his music. The passing of his physical being liberated his art. Same should be done here - or for anyone.

What i want to know is when NT'ers always read about random people killing themselves they say ooh what a coward and he doesn't deserve life i meancome on i know the guy is famous but people have worse problems than him its just that all of his were out in the public for everyone to know. So stop arguingand RIP DJ AM

Private funeral was today at the palladium, then a tribute party @ APHEX... here in LA, you people giving opinions SMH

First and Foremost Rip AM its sad for family and friends. Seemed like a good person that was in a struggle with himself. Yall dont know how it feels everydayjust not wanting to wake up or go on. The plane crash and his girl leaving him and his drug problem coming back. I wouldnt say nothing until you have beenthrough it he was so overwhelmed with the pain and just couldnt cope anymore. Not condoning it but dont talk unless you know.

You can tell who's "wet behind the ears" in this thread. I think the people with the effed up comments don't fully understand addiction andhaven't seen it up close and personal. I don't think anyone aspires to be an addict in life--sure, they made the choice to initially get involved withtheir drug of choice. But sometimes life's dealings combined with the drug use is a deadly combo for some people. And some people just aren't builtas strong as others. But does that mean you don't have sympathy for them? Hells no.

In college, myself and many of my friends dabbled, much in the same way I'm sure AM started. But we didn't end up addicted or having it take over ourlives. But that also doesn't make us any better than a guy who had drugs claim his life. That could have easily been us, but for some reason itwasn't. All that said, don't underestimate the trials and tribulations in someone's life. You never know what someone is struggling with insideof themselves that would lead them to a relapse. And if you don't know, you can't judge. I have to believe that for anyone who kills themselves, thepain inside them must have been more than what we could ever comprehend. So let the dead rest. Why argue over the details at this point?

While suicide is a selfish act, I'm sure none of AM's friends or family would say he was a selfish dude. Again, personal struggles, shortcomings andpain should never be underestimated. Life is crazy and we all struggle in varying degrees. When you become perfect, get at me.

^ couldn't have said it better, very nicely put.

and to those ignorant members:

no one is supporting suicide! people are commemorating the life of someone who was influential in his craft and an all around nice guy, why be so pessimisticwhile people are in mourning?

a lot of people in this community actually knew adam, show some respect.

I just got back from the memorial and decided to pass on Aphex. It was a very heavy night, but sincerely beautiful. Adam touched so many lives. Our fellow NTerBen Baller had a very funny anecdote about him as well that lightened the mood. It is ridiculous for people to sit on here and bash him for his decisions. Ifyou've ever been close to someone who is embroiled in addiction, or if it was you yourself, you know that choices may not be as clear, and life may not beas straightforward and carefree, as it is for those who are sober. There is not a doubt in my mind that Adam loved everyone dear to him. His girlfriend Hayleygave a heartfelt eulogy as well. Long live AM. This man lived more of a life at 36 than those who live to 80. He touched more lives than most of us can everdream of.. and tonight was a testament to that. The entire stage was filled with stories of how he had profoundly impacted a person's life for the better.I can only hope that when I leave this Earth, that so many people would remember me with reverence and appreciation. Long live AM. Long live AM.

By the way, this thread should be 500 pages long already. Adam was the public face of the sneaker collecting community, whether you want to admit it or not.Mike B put together an awesome short movie about him tonight and much of it was dedicated to his sneaker collecting habits.. showing off his Stashs, StussyBlazers, Jordans. At the end of the day, he was a sneakerhead, just like you.

not trying to come in here with no hate or sound salty, but who was this guy i never heard any of his music? how did he die, od on drugs? and how did this mantouch lives?
RIP doe {no disrespect} cliffnotes woud be cool cause it seems like 47 pages of rip as well.

Back
Top Bottom