DJ AM Passed

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Kneesh & Late80's -- 1 month suspension
21c5d3m.jpg
21c5d3m.jpg
21c5d3m.jpg

as much as I enjoy a flame battle, they need to keep that outta this thread.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

eek.gif
@ the NT developments now.

but still... R.I.P. to DJ AM...gone too soon
smh.gif

Real talk...Cinespace will never be the same again.

I thought he was clean off drugs.You'd also think after escaping a plane crash it'd change your life.

Dam. R.I.P . His collection was something. I remember looking at the picture of the AMC shoe wall back in the day and was like dam.

RIP... remember seeing his collection and videos of the like.. was massive (as everyone knows)

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

anyone know what he OD on?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
considering he was probably given meds from the plane crash, some form of sedative maybe oxycotin or oxycodone, precocets...ect

That vid took me back to '05-'06 of my life. Damn I can't believe this guy died, I don't know what kind of pain he was in or what his life waslike but why drugs?

R.I.P.

Aug 28
[h2]Obits: DJ AM Found Dead[/h2]
Posted by Gotty[emoji]8482[/emoji] @ 7:53 pm
FILED UNDER: DIGITAL NEWS, Everything Else, SMOKE BREAK.

They don't make Undefeated shirts for just anyone yaknow.

After escaping death's grasps previously, reports are out that DJ AM has passed away. With the internets, you can never be 100% certain but if this is true, it's a nice, sharp rabbit punch to the kidneys for two of communities where I hold dual citizenship: Hip-Hop & sneakers.

Others will remember him solely as a DJ, but I first ran across him as a member of The Air Mack Crew. If it was exclusive, AM, Ben & Homicide had it…or had it custom made. Nearly deified in sneaker circles, AM had the added cool of knockin' off Nicole Ritchie when her & Paris Hilton were BFF's. To most within the shoe community, he was "a real sneakerhead," not like the entertainers you see now who try to force their cool. He was cool. When he was on MTV, there wasn't the usual internet content. It was more a thought of "yeah, AM's up there rockin' the J's right!"

Musically, I do not exaggerate when I tell you Fix Your Face Volumes One & Two were enough to solidify AM's standing musically with me. Both were mixes helmed by some 80's babies. Kids who grew up on two handfuls of genres of music & weren't afraid to let their influences shine, showcasing the hardest of rock next to the best of rap.

What he did as a DJ didn't really cross over into mainstream Hip-Hop's media attention, but anyone who's heard or seen a live set by the man will tell you he was official. From the one or two passing convo's I had with him years ago, I knew it then while were talking about kicks & crates that the skinny Jewish dude's love for both weren't to be questioned. And because he was humble, he forever had me in his corner as a supporter.

God bless the dead. Adam, you're still the #1 celebrity shoehead in my humble opinion.

I'm ready for the summer of 2009, the summer of celebrity death to go away.

*Prepares to crank FYF V2*

DJ AM Found Dead in Manhattan [NBC New York]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to Gotty

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/DJ-AM-Found-Dead-in-Manhattan-55912767.html

Damn.

RIP DJ AM, sneakerhead and DJ LEGEND!

Does seem like some Final Destination type stuff.

To most within the shoe community, he was "a real sneakerhead," not like the entertainers you see now who try to force their cool. He was cool. When he was on MTV, there wasn't the usual internet content. It was more a thought of "yeah, AM's up there rockin' the J's right!"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

RIP TO ONE OF THE GREATEST DJS OF ALL TIME, as a dj myself i been knowing of him for a while,
the one who brought mashups into the scene, dude wasnt scared of playing what he wanted,
inspired me and many others, RIP, just change my avy, me n dj am in atx last month,

Back
Top Bottom