DMV debate -- Head to Head -- "Thug Luv" v. "Notorious Thugs" -- Who wins now, in 2010?

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
And what you call diverse (Gimme the Loot) was nothing but a bite on Kool G. Rap and other Mofioso Rap songs that was done just a few years prior, but failed to have the "Bad Boy" exposure worldwide...

So....

But the original debate wasn't about whose style was whose first. We were talking about the varying flows (or lack there of) used by Big and Pac. In addition, your usage of "diverse" is aligned to subject matter. That's not what we were talking about either.

However, Timbo made the comment about "Bone's style" after the post you reference, hence my comment about it being Twista's first. 

To address the new comments- you are correct, the song concept/subject matter is not a new one (I'm thinking specifically of On The Run), but G. Rap used one persona. Biggie's introduction of an additional persona added depth to the storyline, which (IMO) took the concept to a newer height. 

Notorious Thugs for me ... I have bad personal memories associated with too many of my childhood friends getting boated and thinking they were on that Pac ##!@ for real ... some locked up to this day and some still on that Boat ... not Pac's/his music's fault ... just a personal thing for me when it comes to his beef songs ...

Both great pieces of music just a personal choice for me

Thug Luv is clearly the better track here, better beat, and Pac came way harder than BIG on their respective songs.

If yall sit down and listen to Both tracks. Its more than BIG vs Pac. Notorious thugs just has that rhythm and bone harmonizes on the track on a diff level. It took BIG damn near a minute and a half before he hops on. Thug luv is more the beat x Aggression which kills it. FYI Wish aint even make the cut on notorious thugs, which is nothing new cuz if im right he aint make the cut on Foe tha Luv of $$$ which is another bone banger.
I luv both tracks but damn Notorious thugs might be one of the greatest hip-hop collabo's EVER
Notorious Thugs

pac >> big, BUT...

"notorious thugs" >> "thug luv"

there u have it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
And what you call diverse (Gimme the Loot) was nothing but a bite on Kool G. Rap and other Mofioso Rap songs that was done just a few years prior, but failed to have the "Bad Boy" exposure worldwide...

So....
Did you know Nas was sposed' to be the "other" guy in that song?

Good info on the unreleased (and possibly yet to be made) tracks in theNas collection. The only other story I know of is the BIG and Nas wereworking on a remix to..."Machine Gun Funk" or "Gimme The Loot" that gotscrapped. Apparently Nas didn't have anything and said to BIG somethingto the effect of "Your pad's empty too, we'll do this tommorow." ThenBIG proceeded to spit the verse he had been writing in his head and Nasjust left thinking he wasn't on the same level or some #*@!. I have noidea as to the veracity of that story though.

My-T.

B.I.G wins by a landslide. He flexed his lyrical/style muscle and went outside his "lane". BIG could have done his usual style and still had a dope track.

Back
Top Bottom