"DMV's" personal reviews -- Ye's "808s & Heartbreak"

I couldnt stand the first time Ye ventured outside his "box" with stronger. But after 1 listen I was actually blown away, I personally think thisalbum is Amazing. I wasnt even gonna give it a chance with how much I hated "Stronger" and "Love Lockdown."

Originally Posted by jupeezy

all i can tell u two is to go back and listen again.....the album is good.....just give it another try lol

agreed! When I first heard the album (drop date)... I did not like it at all and I was actually anticipating listing to it. I heard it again this past Monday(was tired of listing to Luda's T.O.T.M) and I actually enjoyed it. You will find the occasion to like 78% of the album. Not his greatest work but Irespect the state of mind that he was in when he made it. I cant play it everyday but...eFfit!

I'll say what I've been telling everyone that asks me about the album...this is Kanye's THERAPY. Sometimes you feel as though you can express morewith singing then you can with rapping. Hell, it's time I wish I could sing, cuz I have some stuff cooked up in my head that can work better on the singingtip than on the rap tip. (Maybe I should Auto Tune myself lol). So, I guess what Kanye did. He went with the Auto Tune. All artists go and listen to theirheart more than they listen to their fans and the label execs. An artist shouldn't make music for their fans, they should make it for THEMSELVES. Because Ibelieve when you start focusing on pleasing the fans before yourself, that's when you lose your artistic edge. I never put out any work unless I MYSELF ampleased.

Anywho, I like the album (of course lol). But on the real, out of all 4 of his albums, I would rank this 4th. There is a greater number of tracks that I skipthrough as compared to his last album we're I may have just skipped no more than 2 tracks. The tracks I don't skip over, I REALLY enjoy. My favoritesof Say You Will, Welcome to Heartbreak, Heartless, and See You In My Nightmares/Tell Everyone That You know. The last track being my favorite.

And I don't think you can really compare this to Andre 3000. Yes, they are two rappers turnt singaz, but they both had different motives for doing so, andtwo COMPLETELY different creative styles. Plus, 3 Stacks isn't using Auto Tune. lol

I thought I was going to hate it, but I actually like it. Not his best cd but it is ok. I'll give it a 3.5/5. Dude was trynna go for the whole pop thingand he succeeded but will loose a lot of his rap fanbase if you ask me. And everybody has been through a break up or the loss of a loved one but damn Ye, youreally gotta make a whole cd about it. Pinnocos Song is just terrible and weird actually. Out of everybody I know I have to be hte only one not feeling thesong with wayne, that song is straight trash. I mess with street lights heavy but that whole lifes just not fair line is corny, what the hell Kanye you thoughtlife was supposed to always be fair

i give it a 3/5, i expected more from kanye.

paranoid and robocop are
pimp.gif
though imo

I actually liked the album even though there are some songs that make you wanna cringe because of how horrible of a singer he is. If anyone wants to giveanother album a try where a rapper SUCCESSFULLY pulls off singing, pick up Leave It All Behind by Foreign Exchange. One of the best albums of 08 and gave me anew found respect for Phonte.

*%$% is garbage.... Right now.. Common has the " saving Hip-Hop" crown... his album is def worth the spend and spins...

LOL@ DCshoechick's stoneface....LOL! that common album aint really hittin on much IMO.....but back to the kanye CD i never said it was his best work, mypoint just was for folks to give it another listen bcuz it's music that honestly ur gonna b turned off from at first bcuz its not sounding like what u hearon the daily....

as for your comment Ian...i think hov's album is gonna b a problem....

Originally Posted by iCan

i wonder whats gonna happen when Jay Z drops his joint...

I am hoping for something great.... Jockn Jay Z single was ehh But the Brooklyn go Hard sh4t is retro 90's.... classic.... LOL.... Nikki is a fan.... Kanyecould have dropped a T-Pain sangn single with Dunn & Brooks and she would still cop... Get over it Nikki... he put out some half +%# sh4t....

I'm a fan, not a Stan. lol Did you not see me say that there are tracks I don't enjoy on this album? lol

when i 1st heard the cd, i was kinda disappointrd. i had initially felt like the sound was a little too theatrical. this is obviously not a hip hop cd, which ialso didn't appreciate at first. hbut as i continued to listen, it def. grew on me. i respect the fact that the cd can't be put into the small box of"hip hop" from a musical standpoint.

i still think late registration is ye's best album to date, but i do think 808s is 2nd on that list. not sure i can categorize it as a complete classic,but it's damn close, imo. i like the fact that it has elements from other genres. that on top of the fact that it is full of raw emotion, which hip hop isseverely lacking and that, i believe, is one of the main reasons hip hop is in the toilet right now, especially from a sales standpoint.

i think he is no. 3 on the list of rappers-ternt-sangas, which this album, right behing cee-lo and 3000.

in essence, i really like this album alot!

I was at first expecting for the worst especially when i found out it was all going to done with autotune but i thought it was decent at best and wasnt purecrap like i thought it would be. the instrumentals were pretty good but not some !!++ that blows you away. the autotune didnt bother me like i thought itwould, he dosnt turn it up to sound like a complete robot, but i think this album is definitly his weakest if compared to his previous work. i give it a 3/5.

I dont really like this album, i guess kanye wanted to go wit a theme for this album.. the only track i like is the heartless track.

Album still bumps for me & who here besides MyT copped Q-Tip LP cause nobody talks about it and its far better than 808's & Mind control!

Back
Top Bottom