DMV's Thoughts on Drakes CD

I DL'd it. "So Far Gone" was waaaay better sonically. This album is just terrible. I feel like it was a premature ejaculation. All this damn singing. Here's the issue. Ian, the GIRLS will buy it, not WOMEN. There will be a new N' next year. He didn't give Hip Hop a chance at all on this album.

Other than "Over" and "Lights Out", I'm erasing this album from my HD.

Drake built us all up and then pulled the rug out from under us. This reminded me of TINC2 where I was waiting, waiting, and waiting, waiting some more but Fab never "went in" and Drake didn't "go in" like he does on his features and such. Total let down for a "savior" but would be a great album for someone with no hype.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Drake built us all up and then pulled the rug out from under us. This reminded me of TINC2 where I was waiting, waiting, and waiting, waiting some more but Fab never "went in" and Drake didn't "go in" like he does on his features and such. Total let down for a "savior" but would be a great album for someone with no hype.

LOLQUE!?

I understand that...
laugh.gif

Who ever said it or even thinks that he is some kinda of savior...

Needs to be slapped

I think the album is dope. I appreciated the lyrics and the different perspective he has on human emotions. But to everyone their own.

i wasn't expecting a reasonable doubt, ready to die, illmatic, get rich or die tryin, or college dropout type of first album but all together its a solid debut album the only problem i had was all the features. J.Cole's debut album will be fire imo but who knows if the masses will go out and purchase it tho

in all honesty, that drake cd is weak (and i'm being nice). there are only 3-4 songs i like. errbody been building this boy up to be hip hop's saviour and the cd turned out to be a big let down/disappointment. 808s was WAY better, at least it bumped. drake's %#%% is too soft and i wouldn't put this cd in the hip hop category AT ALL. there is more singing than anything. FAIL!!!

Personally I wasnt expecting much, I put drake in the same category as Trey & Chris Brown. Too much singing for my taste
since my expectations were low, I thought the album wasn't bad.
still not my steeze

Em came in and just took like 2 years worth of Drake spotlight in one week. 750k units NO tour. NO promo. NO mtv special. NO hype. One single on radio. smh.

ill have to agree with everyone saying Thank Me Later is dope. Def more for the ladies but i think its straight. I can see it in her eyes, FIREWORKS!
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom