DMX had the potential to be listed with the greats of hip-hop.

Am I wrong? Dude had the intangibles, the big "movement" (reviving hardcore hip-hop during Diddy's era of whoring out hip-hop) the image, the appeal etc. While he has achieved considerable success, just imagine if he stayed out of jail, stopped with the crack going back to the thread title. Anyway DMX is very much appreciated.

Am I wrong? Dude had the intangibles, the big "movement" (reviving hardcore hip-hop during Diddy's era of whoring out hip-hop) the image, the appeal etc. While he has achieved considerable success, just imagine if he stayed out of jail, stopped with the crack going back to the thread title. Anyway DMX is very much appreciated.

Potential, he had it. Lyrics, not so much. To some he is a great. Appreciated, he is.

Say no kids
smile.gif

Potential, he had it. Lyrics, not so much. To some he is a great. Appreciated, he is.

Say no kids
smile.gif

The reason was not because he was in jail. The reason is he started "rapping" about other things.
"they" didnt like it. Set him up. basically ended his career.

The reason was not because he was in jail. The reason is he started "rapping" about other things.
"they" didnt like it. Set him up. basically ended his career.

Originally Posted by TheHype

^Expound.

And he's not listed among the greats? Reach.
So you would throw him with the likes of B.I.G, 'Pac, Nasir etc.? That hierarchy of MC's.

@ Time -
indifferent.gif

^Expound.

So you would throw him with the likes of B.I.G, 'Pac, Nasir etc.? That hierarchy of MC's.

@ Time -
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

^Expound.

So you would throw him with the likes of B.I.G, 'Pac, Nasir etc.?

@ Time -
indifferent.gif
u basically just said the same thing i did... does he REALLY belong up there wit them? i didnt think so... 

^Expound.

@ Time -
indifferent.gif
u basically just said the same thing i did... does he REALLY belong up there wit them? i didnt think so... 

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

^Expound.

@ Time -
indifferent.gif
Read the thread title again.

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

^Expound.

@ Time -
indifferent.gif
Read the thread title again.

DMX 1st album had some raw lyrics yall are bugging, as he progressed his mic skills did the opposite.

all the drugs and law trouble took a toll on him

DMX 1st album had some raw lyrics yall are bugging, as he progressed his mic skills did the opposite.

all the drugs and law trouble took a toll on him

DMX would have eventually fell off. How much of the growling and barking would you have sat through?

DMX would have eventually fell off. How much of the growling and barking would you have sat through?

You could tell he was gonna fall off through the directino of his music...once Def Jam started going through those internal changes....it had an effect on their biggest stars except Hova

Back
Top Bottom