Do all International dudes in the NBA play with "passion?"

Just curious, because it seems like this adjective is missing when a lot of announcers talk about the play of some of our homegrown stars....it always seemslike when describing the play of a international player, the word "passion" makes it's way into the conversation amongst the announcers. Why isthat?

not all but alot of them do. Andres Nocioni and Manu Ginobili play with more heart and passion then ALOT of of nba players

Carlos Delfino plays with a stoneface all the time. He really is emotion-less.

Its actually a good point... never really noticed before.

I dont really know what to say in regards to an answer.

Vujacic+pumps+his+fist+and+makes+a+face.jpg
Sasha+Vujacic+falls+out+of+bounds.jpg
vujacic+gets+fouled+by+stephen+jackson.jpg
vujacic+celebrates+a+3.jpg
ade3566fe00cdd03e4cb5e7efdb2a8966fd53cc.gif

Pau Gasol and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Z you might not be able to tell on the court, but the guy has been through about 1000 foot surgeries and has stayed with thisfranchise his whole career and, even at this age, dives on the floor for balls and is always giving high 5s. Him and Kobe are currently the only players to beon one franchise for that long. Mark my words, the Cavaliers franchise will be hanging his jersey in the rafters someday at the Q...

American players don't know anything about passion. They think it's their god-given right to play in the NBA. From the time they're in highschool their egos are pumped up and when they get to the league they are so inflated they think they don't have to practice or only playhard when the situation warrants it. Int'l players are not surrounded by these factors in their home country where basketball is not even the mainsport and there is no glamour to be seen. They arrive here humble knowing nothing is going to be handed to them; they have to make it forthemselves.

Good example of this was Linas Kleiza's performance on Sunday. His passion was so superior to that of his teammates that if there were 5 LinasKleiza's on the Nuggets, my Lakers would have went DOWN that day. On the flipside you saw the American superstar with an inflated ego QUIT on thegame. Untucked his jersey and QUIT.

El Calderon plays with passion. He also has some great view of the concept of a team.

How do you measure "passion" anyway. I think most upper tier players have more passion, thats why they're ahead of the rest. Of course there aresome god gifted talents that just don't look like they're pushing it. *cough Melo.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Pau Gasol and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Z you might not be able to tell on the court, but the guy has been through about 1000 foot surgeries and has stayed with this franchise his whole career and, even at this age, dives on the floor for balls and is always giving high 5s. Him and Kobe are currently the only players to be on one franchise for that long.

Duncan

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

roll.gif

I literally came in here to write that exact sentence. When dude was with Detroit it always went like this....

Delfino enters game: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead

Cheap Foul called on Delfino: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead towards ref

Delfino hits a 3: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead, jogs down court
Delfino gets steal, sprints down court, and 1 dunk: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead, walks to free throw line

Delfino gets unfairly pulled from game after 2 good plays: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead, goes to end of bench

laugh.gif
Was gonna say the same thing also.
Out of all of the Euros on the Raps, I would say Bargnani has spurts of "passion" and the other times,he just looks dead. Theres also Brezec.

I dunno if you can call that passion though. Maybe a mix with anger.
laugh.gif

The funny thing is that if added up every european players passion it would not come close to Tyler Hansbourough

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The funny thing is that if added up every european players passion it would not come close to Tyler Hansbourough

good point, but i'd say Hansbrough has more "intensity" than "passion"

International = Passion

American = Intensity

lol! the euro passion talk is nothing compared to the psycho t passion talk. the UNC vs WSU was the first game i've ever muted. some euroswithout that passion include; space cadet (prefers snowboarding, wandering aloof and thinking) ukraine train (can't finish a lap), peja (that back stopshis 6' 10" self from attempting to play D or grab boards, playing for his country or showing up in the playoffs) and johan petro (fouls, fouls andleaves game).

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Pau Gasol and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Z you might not be able to tell on the court, but the guy has been through about 1000 foot surgeries and has stayed with this franchise his whole career and, even at this age, dives on the floor for balls and is always giving high 5s. Him and Kobe are currently the only players to be on one franchise for that long.

I thought of him, but what year did he come in? I still think Z and Kobe have been on the same team for 12 years...

i think its because they dont play on all these aau teams and just dominate everyone. they actually have to work extremely hard for what they get. im notsaying american players just can go in and play no matter what but they have an easier road to the league

Andris Biedrins does look like he's out there with passion that much, but he definitely has a genuine interest for the game whenever he's out there.you can really tell he wants to win, even though his expressions don't really dictate that sometimes.

I agree to some extent that most American players aren't as grateful as some European players.

But then you have Jamario, and guys like Joakim and Durant that love the game and seem to appreciate the time on the court.

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

roll.gif

I literally came in here to write that exact sentence. When dude was with Detroit it always went like this....

Delfino enters game: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead

Cheap Foul called on Delfino: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead towards ref

Delfino hits a 3: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead, jogs down court
Delfino gets steal, sprints down court, and 1 dunk: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead, walks to free throw line

Delfino gets unfairly pulled from game after 2 good plays: Delfino chews gum.... looks straight ahead, goes to end of bench
roll.gif

I love NT
laugh.gif

Spot on sir
pimp.gif

^ Carlos Delfino is gangsta man.. He just goes about and does his biz.. I've been thoroughly impressed by him this year..

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

good point, but i'd say Hansbrough has more "intensity" than "passion"

International = Passion

American = Intensity

Tyler Hansbrough's passion can eat human souls...

I'm serious.

Back
Top Bottom