Do Americans know what a Poutine is?

Im shocked that this hasnt caught on south of the border. fries with gravy and cheese. you can get it at almost any fast food joint. wendys, bk, kfc, etc...

poutine02.jpg

poutine.jpg

O CANADA

Canada_Flag_Sunset.jpg

at first, I thought "eww"...then I thought "mmm, fried mashed potatoes"...I'm on board...

I just had some last week in Vancouver Canada. The cheese curds just tasted like string cheese.

One of my fave things to eat ever. The last poutine I ate made me so sick and I have not eaten one since. It was on May 22nd. It is because I uploaded a pic ofit on my Twitter.

Curly Fries Poutine
9532359.jpg

I think it is time I eat one again.

Had it when I was in Montreal in 07 for a college class trip. It wasn't bad...not really my thing, but it was good for what it is.

I'm not sure either why it hasn't caught on. Americans love new ways to eat unhealthy
laugh.gif

I think Cherry Valley in NY makes something similar and they call it a couch potato. Haven't tried it but it sounds delicious.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

19191.jpg

You can eat healthy twigs, berries and watercress every day of your life and then get shot...so what was it all for then? Point is, we're all gonna dieanyway...might as well eat good while we here so %$+! yo Surgeon General
laugh.gif

It's cheese curds.

Best poutines obv. goes to MTL, but I gotta say TO is close second with the blue truck and that all poutine place downtown.

Back
Top Bottom