Do other countries make huge summer movies?

I always wondered are the U.D the only country that makes summer blockbusters? Like I never seen a film from a foreign country have something like Transformers, Superhero movies, Pixar type films, huge display of CGI like 2012, ID, avatar?
If there are then please school me.

I just don't think other countries have the kind of film budget we have nor do Americans have the interest in them.

How many Americans want to go to the theatre and watch a movie with subtitles? Lettuce be cereal.

Even though I am a huge fan of foreign films.

Last edited:
I just don't think other countries have the kind of film budget we have nor do Americans have the interest in them.

How many Americans want to go to the theatre and watch a movie with subtitles? Lettuce be cereal.
QFT 

Only other cats is india, japan when it comes to film..

Latin america deals with novelas...

Yes they do. Yes they do.

Last edited:
Yes they do, just not international success like hollywood has, but there are plenty of countries with similar budgets and huge blockbuster films, korea, france, and china come to mind

oh and bollywood up there ^ :lol:

Last edited:
Japan, India, and Nigeria usually make summer block busters but they only are big in their region, (indian films for indian sub continent, japan films for east/south east asia, nigerian films for anglophone africa) and their diasporas

Back
Top Bottom