Do people here purposely avoid being the 20th poster in threads here on NT?

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

No but I could see why.

Dudes stay skimming over threads on here and only read the first few replies or so in a page.
Agreed.

A more important thing to consider is if you're the last person to reply to a thread. That is an awful feeling. I've looked checked back on threadsI've commented on, only to see I'm the last reply... I'm like the $+@%+## kiss of death

Originally Posted by Big J 33

A more important thing to consider is if you're the last person to reply to a thread. That is an awful feeling. I've looked checked back on threads I've commented on, only to see I'm the last reply... I'm like the $+@%+## kiss of death
laugh.gif

I remember there being a thread about this about 2 years ago. The thread originally started out by the OP asking, "Does anyone else hate when they'rethe last to reply to a thread?" I believe he changed the thread title to "Thread Killer," and people started posting to see who would be thelast to reply. It went on for pages, but was eventually locked.

But I guess I can understand why someone would be a little pissed about it.

Actually the guys at the 20*n spot, where n = 1,2,3,4, etc...

Still get their post read because if you're doing quick reply, the 20th, 40th, etc. post is right above your text book.
Also if you're doing a full reply, the post are listed inversely.
i.e. last in first out, so the 20th, 40th, etc. (depending on what page you hit reply on) will be the top post under your text box.

So at the end of the day, it does not matter. If your worried about people skimming your post, the last guy won't get skimmed.

Just a quick observation a noticed while replying to your thread. Just thought I'd actually contribute to the discussion instead of posting a uselessemoticon.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Actually the guys at the 20*n spot, where n = 1,2,3,4, etc...

Still get their post read because if you're doing quick reply, the 20th, 40th, etc. post is right above your text book.
Also if you're doing a full reply, the post are listed inversely.
i.e. last in first out, so the 20th, 40th, etc. (depending on what page you hit reply on) will be the top post under your text box.

So at the end of the day, it does not matter. If your worried about people skimming your post, the last guy won't get skimmed.

Just a quick observation a noticed while replying to your thread. Just thought I'd actually contribute to the discussion instead of posting a useless emoticon.

-_-

This aint no science class.

I dont care that much. I just hate it when I'm typing up a response to a topic, and when I press 'POST' the %*%% is magically locked. Makes me knowI wasted my time
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

A more important thing to consider is if you're the last person to reply to a thread. That is an awful feeling. I've looked checked back on threads I've commented on, only to see I'm the last reply... I'm like the $+@%+## kiss of death
laugh.gif

I remember there being a thread about this about 2 years ago. The thread originally started out by the OP asking, "Does anyone else hate when they're the last to reply to a thread?" I believe he changed the thread title to "Thread Killer," and people started posting to see who would be the last to reply. It went on for pages, but was eventually locked.

I remember that thread too.
laugh.gif

It does suck tho' when you think you came up with a great point or w/e and you check the thread after some time...%%#@ is floating somewhere on the 7thpage of General/S&T/Music.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

laugh.gif

I remember there being a thread about this about 2 years ago. The thread originally started out by the OP asking, "Does anyone else hate when they're the last to reply to a thread?" I believe he changed the thread title to "Thread Killer," and people started posting to see who would be the last to reply. It went on for pages, but was eventually locked.

I remember that thread too.
laugh.gif

It does suck tho' when you think you came up with a great point or w/e and you check the thread after some time...%%#@ is floating somewhere on the 7th page of General/S&T/Music.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

So true. I hate that ++!%

HEY JosephSKC.......please dont tell me youre the Joseph who was blown up at work for postin weed pics and had wanted posters passed around your town

I think I've done it once or twice, but it's not a routine type of thing.

i do it sometimes when i have a question i need answered

if your at the bottom of the iphone thread, your question will be ignored!

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

HEY JosephSKC.......please dont tell me youre the Joseph who was blown up at work for postin weed pics and had wanted posters passed around your town
I've never had a work/weed incident in my entire life, and I've never seen or heard of any wanted posters posted/passed around in my city.

i never saw you...and i hate being the last poster on a page sometimes that post gets overlooked.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i never saw you...and i hate being the last poster on a page sometimes that post gets overlooked.
Most posts SHOULD get overlooked.
But if a thread is pure comedy I think everything gets the look over.

haha i dont really care wat number i am if the thread is poppin you know NT will go through all the pages
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom