Do People Not Know What DEADSTOCK Means These Days? VOL Rant Thread

[rant]forreal my last 3 deals (2 here, 1 on ebay) these sellers claim their shoes are brand new DS and then when I get the shoes they got creases and dirt on the soles. what part of DS is that? like people cant be honest these days about what they selling. maybe the galaxy foams have brought out the worst in people that only care to make a buck. but for you people that dont know deadstock means brand new never worn or tried on. doesnt mean i wore them to mow the lawn for an hour and then put them back in the box. hopefully that clarifies things so we have a better marketplace[/rant]

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Creases and dirty soles, damn that's extra grimmey 
laugh.gif

But some people expect perfect shoes when they see the word Deadstock. Shoes yellow and colors fade. I've sold a couple shoes were dudes hit me back and say the shoes aren't deadstock. When I ask why they hit me wit something like "I dunno they don't look brand new"
30t6p3b.gif
. Brah the shoes came out 10 years ago

No kidding man. This past month I bought my first pair of jordans in almost three years. The guy said they were DS (2012 white cement 4's) but when we met up they had a crease and the shoe laces had been replaced . Didn't care though, loved that shoe too much to not buy it.

What's worse is when dudes try to pass off kicks that have been worn 15+ times as "VVVNDS"

laugh.gif
at the terms people use nowadays to up the price of what they're trying to sell.

'slighty worn'
'worn for about 15 minutes'
'great restoration project'

lol i love it when i see vvvvvvnds and the shoes look like someone wore them on a 5 day hike through the amazon jungle

Has anyone seen the "worn x amount of times, but could still pass as deadstock?"
Wth does this mean?
Oh, so you could lie about it being deadstock but you're not since you know the person that buys the kicks will probably figure out that they were worn?

OP I was with you up to the "tried on" part. So you're telling me that a brand new pair of shoes from Foot Locker that was tried on for 2 minutes to make sure they fit correctly, then put directly back in the box isn't deadstock? Not sure what that's about.

Also not clear on how somebody unlacing the shoe makes them not deadstock any more. Do you guys have any idea how much tension is put on the uppers of a shoe with that tight-+@% factory lacing? I unlace all my spares to make sure they stay as loose and unwarped as possible. You're telling me that makes them less valuable, or worn? Pretty sure that all shoes used to come unlaced, and this factory lacing thing has only become standard within the last few years. To me, they're deadstock until they touch concrete/grass/outside, or are worn for any extended period of time (more than a few minutes).

But, with that said, your point is completely valid. My favorite is when the seller gets mad when you call them out. I bought a pair over the summer that the seller claimed was deadstock, but when they came, the midsoles were creased, there were light scuffs on the toebox, they reeked of sneaker cleaner, and there were sock balls in the liner. Homie had the balls to tell me "no, I've never worn them, that just happens with age." Once I sent him pics, he changed his tune. Ended up saying "oh, my bad. I could've sworn I didn't wear those," and refunding some of my money.

Peace,
J

It happened to me with a pair of OG Columbias. Not only were the shoes not DS when I got them, but the seller had put tape over the "Nike Air" on the insole and failed to mention the "OG Box" was actually an old outlet box with a white type writer style label. Situation had me like
indifferent.gif

I used to say a shoe was worn once and i wore it like 10 times *shrug* no one ever knew or complained
laugh.gif

Looking back at one of my first deals, I did this dude mad dirty. I had a pair of BRAND NEW NEVER LACED OG 1996 Blk/Red Jordan 11s.

I threw them on ISS with a high price to "Test the waters" I really didnt want to sell them at the time but some dude came at me with a great offer I couldn't pass up. The dude paid me and

the next day I wore them joints to school (junior year high school) swag on a hunnid
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Got home cleaned the bottoms thoroughly, unlaced them like they did back in the day, put em in

a big zip lock bag double boxed etc.. and mailed them out. Dude left a positive when he got em
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jshortt

OP I was with you up to the "tried on" part. So you're telling me that a brand new pair of shoes from Foot Locker that was tried on for 2 minutes to make sure they fit correctly, then put directly back in the box isn't deadstock? Not sure what that's about.
Nah son, DEADSTOCK means you've never put a foot in them. Never tried on, never walked on, ever seen contact with the ground at all. That is deadstock fam. 
But as far as the term "Deadstock" being thrown around these days, man these +@$!#! don't know ##!+ they be talking about man. Dudes who just really got into sneakers or whatever, throwing around terminology to sound like they know whats good. 

Some fools are clueless. I see it more in the younger crowd, but a lot of older heads got into this ##!+ because they saw that you could make money off it. Even still, a lot of them **!*#%# don't know anything. 

DEADSTOCK MEANS YOU'VE NEVER PUT THEM ON FOOT. EVER. NO DIRT, NO SOCK BALLS, NO CREASES, NOTHING. 

Dudes don't even understand what VNDS means anymore. I just clown them. 

what's hilarious to me is on the Niketalk Facebook page you got dudes selling shoes with descriptions like this.

"FS Jordan XIV Candy Cane Size 9.5 Deadstock Worn Once For 20 Mins"

ummm no sir, you wore the shoes, their not deadstock, so please die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Looking back at one of my first deals, I did this dude mad dirty. I had a pair of BRAND NEW NEVER LACED OG 1996 Blk/Red Jordan 11s.

I threw them on ISS with a high price to "Test the waters" I really didnt want to sell them at the time but some dude came at me with a great offer I couldn't pass up. The dude paid me and

the next day I wore them joints to school (junior year high school) swag on a hunnid
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Got home cleaned the bottoms thoroughly, unlaced them like they did back in the day, put em in

a big zip lock bag double boxed etc.. and mailed them out. Dude left a positive when he got em
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I remember buying a pair of beat up 03 Cement 3's for 100 and painting the midsole really nicely and cleaning the shoe thoroughly. Ended up selling them for 235. So before any Captain-save- a shoe comes through with the stone face, I gotta be honest and admit I've done some grimy things too.

Back
Top Bottom