Do people still believe in their elected officials? Vol: Rich get richer, the poor get poorer...

I see your point, and I agree 99% of them doint give two S!!!s about me and my struggle, but I realize I prefer some politicians way of thinkin over the next...so that's one of the reasons I vote :smile:

if yall have time, please go watch "Inside Job". I cant believe this documentary isnt getting any exposure. i think it did a great job of summarizing why this economy is so jacked up. again. at first you feel like the film is anti republican...but then it shows that dems and reps are EXACTLY the same, we are just blinded by all the side shows they distract the public with. i am still pissed off after watching the film

if yall have time, please go watch "Inside Job". I cant believe this documentary isnt getting any exposure. i think it did a great job of summarizing why this economy is so jacked up. again. at first you feel like the film is anti republican...but then it shows that dems and reps are EXACTLY the same, we are just blinded by all the side shows they distract the public with. i am still pissed off after watching the film

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

1. Why do you still vote? I mean do you believe that when elected, these officials will have your best interest at heart?
1. Because we have people in this country who believe in this BS...

Its a shame some people are so naive in having this stigma where people in office are some fictional demons, and no they aren't perfect.

Look at it this way, view yourself in office making tough decisions everyday that represent a body of people. You aren't going to go into office everyday saying "YEAH I GET TO *@@* SOME PEOPLE OVER TODAY" then give yourself double guns while smirking in the mirror with no sense of pressure what so ever. 

Yes there are your rare exceptions (Bell County, etc.), but elected officials are definitely in it for the best interest of the people. Its just easier to buy into the myth, its more appealing to the senses.

Come on, dude. Are you serious? We all know why people become elected officials. Otherwise why does Congress always vote to increase their pay? Otherwise why does Congress continue to accept money from lobbyists and give special favors? Get your head out of the clouds, government doesn't like you, they don't care about you. They want to RULE OVER YOU. Why do people need to be governed? Are you that incompetent where you need to vote for someone to make decisions for you? How do you feel that you vote for these criminals who vote to steal peoples money, only to redistribute to other people? That's theft, man. Would it be ok if I went to a rich neighborhood with a semiautomatic weapon and start demanding money from people because they happen to make more money than me? I'de go to jail. IRS agents and U.S. Marshals do this on a daily basis, but that's ok, right?

1. Why do you still vote? I mean do you believe that when elected, these officials will have your best interest at heart?

Its a shame some people are so naive in having this stigma where people in office are some fictional demons, and no they aren't perfect.

Look at it this way, view yourself in office making tough decisions everyday that represent a body of people. You aren't going to go into office everyday saying "YEAH I GET TO *@@* SOME PEOPLE OVER TODAY" then give yourself double guns while smirking in the mirror with no sense of pressure what so ever. 

Yes there are your rare exceptions (Bell County, etc.), but elected officials are definitely in it for the best interest of the people. Its just easier to buy into the myth, its more appealing to the senses.

Come on, dude. Are you serious? We all know why people become elected officials. Otherwise why does Congress always vote to increase their pay? Otherwise why does Congress continue to accept money from lobbyists and give special favors? Get your head out of the clouds, government doesn't like you, they don't care about you. They want to RULE OVER YOU. Why do people need to be governed? Are you that incompetent where you need to vote for someone to make decisions for you? How do you feel that you vote for these criminals who vote to steal peoples money, only to redistribute to other people? That's theft, man. Would it be ok if I went to a rich neighborhood with a semiautomatic weapon and start demanding money from people because they happen to make more money than me? I'de go to jail. IRS agents and U.S. Marshals do this on a daily basis, but that's ok, right?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Why do you still vote?

If I don't vote, then a certain group of Americans will elect their chosen elected officials whom will write laws that directly affect me, my friends, my family, my job, my future, etc....

Are you OK with Sarah Palin as President signing anti-abortion laws?

It's a shame that people are too wrapped up in the Illuminati talk, that they don't see your statement is what it is all about..

For example:
If Al Gore was president would we have been in Iraq? My hunch is to say no..  

Still could have happened, but it is not a far stretch to say that 2000 election changed history 1 way.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Why do you still vote?

If I don't vote, then a certain group of Americans will elect their chosen elected officials whom will write laws that directly affect me, my friends, my family, my job, my future, etc....

Are you OK with Sarah Palin as President signing anti-abortion laws?

It's a shame that people are too wrapped up in the Illuminati talk, that they don't see your statement is what it is all about..

For example:

Still could have happened, but it is not a far stretch to say that 2000 election changed history 1 way.

Originally Posted by Essential1

For example:

this is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen ... go back and look at the votes and revisit the temperature of America at that time and let me know how we wouldnt have gone to war ... i usually just ignore your nonsensical/liberal/democratic/whatever viewpoint but this warranted a response ...

For example:

this is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen ... go back and look at the votes and revisit the temperature of America at that time and let me know how we wouldnt have gone to war ... i usually just ignore your nonsensical/liberal/democratic/whatever viewpoint but this warranted a response ...

Dead serious.

You might not want to hear this or even fully understand you don't see it, but you are putting yourself at a deficit. 

Dead serious.

You might not want to hear this or even fully understand you don't see it, but you are putting yourself at a deficit. 

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

For example:

Yes because the people in Congress forced George Bush go to war with Iraq (they were the one who suggested it), not George Bush guilt tripping people to vote for his STUPID WAR. 

You can't be that ignorant to what happened in 2001-2003.

Vote against the war, and you hate the troops and America.. While it is not 100% direct quote, the statement was made by Bush, his minions, and war mongers.

George Bush created that temperature, and George Bush brought that war to the forefront. Not Congress. And sure as hell no Democrats.

By the way 21 democrats voted no... 1 republican... 1 independent..

In the house 126 Democrats voted no.. 6 republicans.

I wonder who was right in 2002.... Not every Democrat. But if you were right 94.8% chance you were a Democrat.

Al Gore probably (because it is hard to state/predict/look at history that has never happened) would have never gone into Iraq..  And to try and say that the climate for Invading Iraq was a natural one and not one created by George Bush is getting negative numbers on the Intellectual Spectrum. 

By the way stop about your typical statement of "nonsensical liberal arguments" crap.. You think it makes you sound smart, but really you just sound like an @++.. Let's not get into the debate in ideology, because you will try to claim you are the "grown up in the room" and come off looking like a 4 year old coloring outside the lines.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

For example:

Yes because the people in Congress forced George Bush go to war with Iraq (they were the one who suggested it), not George Bush guilt tripping people to vote for his STUPID WAR. 

You can't be that ignorant to what happened in 2001-2003.

Vote against the war, and you hate the troops and America.. While it is not 100% direct quote, the statement was made by Bush, his minions, and war mongers.

George Bush created that temperature, and George Bush brought that war to the forefront. Not Congress. And sure as hell no Democrats.

By the way 21 democrats voted no... 1 republican... 1 independent..

In the house 126 Democrats voted no.. 6 republicans.

I wonder who was right in 2002.... Not every Democrat. But if you were right 94.8% chance you were a Democrat.

Al Gore probably (because it is hard to state/predict/look at history that has never happened) would have never gone into Iraq..  And to try and say that the climate for Invading Iraq was a natural one and not one created by George Bush is getting negative numbers on the Intellectual Spectrum. 

By the way stop about your typical statement of "nonsensical liberal arguments" crap.. You think it makes you sound smart, but really you just sound like an @++.. Let's not get into the debate in ideology, because you will try to claim you are the "grown up in the room" and come off looking like a 4 year old coloring outside the lines.

Back
Top Bottom