Do you agree w. the NJ Govenor's decision to fly flags at half-mast in honor of Whitney Houston?

I thought about posting this in the RIP thread, but I didn't think it was the place due to people grieving in there and this could turn into a pretty good debate.  Anyways, what do you all think about this?

(CBS/AP) New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has strongly defended his decision to have flags flown at half-staff Saturday for Whitney Houston, despite receiving emails and other messages disparaging the singer and criticizing him.

The Republican governor said Wednesday that he rejects complaints that Houston "forfeited the good things that she did" because of her struggles with substance abuse.

"What I would say to everybody is there but for the grace of God go I," he said.

Rest of Article in Link

Maybe it's my ignorance, but I really didn't know New Jersey repped Whitney Houston like that.  I knew she was from there, but I don't agree with the flags flying in half-mast in her honor. 

they should of done the same thing to MICHAEL JACKSON and MJ was way more popular then WHITNEY

but R.I.P to her

"What I would say to everybody is there but for the grace of God go I," he said

Yoda.jpg

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

they should of done the same thing to MICHAEL JACKSON and MJ was way more popular then WHITNEY

but R.I.P to her

They did the same for Mike in his hometown of Gary, Indiana.

but R.I.P to her

Yea because MJs death is way more important than Whitneys. Shut up.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

but R.I.P to her

Yea because MJs death is way more important than Whitneys. Shut up.
your damn right it is

Originally Posted by StillIn729

who cares; Americans waste time on the most trivial non sense

tired.gif
I beginning to see this more an more, I dont see nothing wrong

How is one persons death more important than another?
Flags should permanently be at half mast. People die everyday B

Originally Posted by StillIn729

who cares; Americans waste time on the most trivial non sense

Agreed.

Its not the fact that her music touched millions is being deemed as trivial but the fact that people care whether or not the flags are flown at half-mast. Really?! Who cares how her home state chooses to honor her?? Whether the flags are flown at half-mast or not changes nothing.

People are hypocrites and quick to judge.

Having a drug addiction should not erase the fact that her music not only inspired many, but was also therapeutic, enjoying, and will be for generations to come. She changed the world with her voice. Her vices should not preclude her from the respect she deserves, in her native state at that.

The same ones haranguing her were probably bumping her greatest hits when they heard the news.

why not.  let'em do it and move on. Anybody protesting this has too much sodium in their diet.

If they want to do it go ahead.. It's not like Whitney is really a contraversial and divisive person..

After they have a prayer service for Whitney, will Nicky Minaj be there to perform her exorcism? Or is that sequence of events strictly reserved for the Grammys? 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Perhaps it's a tribute to be reserved for public servants, but Gov. Christie has a history of giving the honor to cultural contributors (Clarence Clemons) - so why not Whitney? Even with her public problems, she was a cultural treasure and contributed heavily to the area.

Nope! sorry. Fly the flags at half mast for them young men an women who actually contributed to this country by serving. What do they get? This whole celebrity thing has gotten out of hand. 
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

After they have a prayer service for Whitney, will Nicky Minaj be there to perform her exorcism? Or is that sequence of events strictly reserved for the Grammys? 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Sad thing is you thought this was funny .

Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack9

Nope! sorry. Fly the flags at half mast for them young men an women who actually contributed to this country by serving. What do they get? This whole celebrity thing has gotten out of hand. 
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
PREACH!

Back
Top Bottom