Do you believe in hunting for sport?

I was googling something and it lead me to this man's website: http://www.steveworld.net/nalos/main.asp

I am appalled by how this man literally travels the world to murder animals for sport. How he is smiling on the pics next to the dead animals is just creepy. I can never get into hunting for sport. It seems so sinister. Animals don't bother anyone and humans love messing with them. This man is killing baboons, boars, huge bears, leopards, etc. I wouldn't doubt for one second that he'd eventually kill a human being. And to top it off he's a cardiologist.

So what are your thoughts on hunting for sport?

Last edited:
Avy to SN to thread ratio :lol:

Your def a animal lover. But to answer the question, I've never been a big fan of it a bit.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it, but I'm not gonna be out there acting like all hunters are monstrous cold-blooded murderers. Not that serious.

Only be a sport if the animals had guns also. 

It's like playing baseball with a tee
Exactly! These dudes are buying high caliber hunting rifles to shoot some bare naked animals. Humans are such sissies. You're shooting an animal from a save distance...what's the sport in that? It seems that they just enjoy the thrill of killing. It's sick.

As long as no meat goes to waste its fine by me. only classified as inhumane if they're torturing the animals

Exactly! These dudes are buying high caliber hunting rifles to shoot some bare naked animals. Humans are such sissies. You're shooting an animal from a save distance...what's the sport in that? It seems that they just enjoy the thrill of killing. It's sick.

Animals are equipped with fangs and claws. Humans are at the top of the food chain, our ability to use high caliber weapons is the reason why

As long as no meat goes to waste its fine by me. only classified as inhumane if they're torturing the animals
Go to waste? Are you saying these men are eating baboon and leopard meat? I doubt it. This man travels all over the world to kill innocent animals who are just going about their lives in peace. It's no different from the illegal slaughter of African Elephants for their tusk or Mountain Gorillas. Animals are seen to humans as just a commodity  rather than fellow creatures who share this beautiful planet with us. Humans and animals can never coexist peacefully because humans are too destructive and will not stop pillaging animals for their tusks, skins, fur, bile, etc until the only animals left are in farms or zoos.

Yeah it's a sport

It's apart of American culture

Deal with it

Why'd I read that with a heavy redneck drawl?

We're talking about for sport though. If you're hunting to live off of your kill, that's one thing. If you're hunting for the "sport" of it, that's another.

Go to waste? Are you saying these men are eating baboon and leopard meat? I doubt it. This man travels all over the world to kill innocent animals who are just going about their lives in peace. It's no different from the illegal slaughter of African Elephants for their tusk or Mountain Gorillas. Animals are seen to humans as just a commodity  rather than fellow creatures who share this beautiful planet with us. Humans and animals can never coexist peacefully because humans are too destructive and will not stop pillaging animals for their tusks, skins, fur, bile, etc until the only animals left are in farms or zoos.

Are you saying they arent eating the meat or giving it away? Do you have substantial evidence? Are they breaking any laws like poachers? If not then why not give them the benefit. I.think meat farms are a larger and more severe issue than hunting.

Animals are equipped with fangs and claws. Humans are at the top of the food chain, our ability to use high caliber weapons is the reason why
Animals are equipped with only their god given abilities and could still destroy a wimpy human in a 1 on 1 combat. Humans are at the top of the chain because of our intelligence which is ultimately going to destroy us. We rely  too much on cheap man-made material things for happiness and destroy all of earth's natural beauty. We destroy forests, pollute the ocean, rape the rain forest for all of its natural resources, and decimate earth's diverse and beautiful animal population. How long can we last as a species if we don't respect the balance of nature?

Why'd I read that with a heavy redneck drawl?
We're talking about for sport though. If you're hunting to live off of your kill, that's one thing. If you're hunting for the "sport" of it, that's another.

Same thing goes with fishing, no? hunting for sport might not exclusively mean thyre wasting the animal

I've seen 4 deer roadkill dead on the side of the interstate in the last 3 days. I hope it's hunting season on them.

I've seen 4 deer roadkill dead on the side of the interstate in the last 3 days. I hope it's hunting season on them.
A clear consequence of deforestation. Where are the animals supposed to live if their homes are being leveled for shopping malls and condominiums complexes? Then humans moan about bears eating out of their trash and deers running around.

Animals are equipped with only their god given abilities and could still destroy a wimpy human in a 1 on 1 combat. Humans are at the top of the chain because of our intelligence which is ultimately going to destroy us. We rely  too much on cheap man-made material things for happiness and destroy all of earth's natural beauty. We destroy forests, pollute the ocean, rape the rain forest for all of its natural resources, and decimate earth's diverse and beautiful animal population. How long can we last as a species if we don't respect the balance of nature?

You answered your own question. I'm not sayin.g humans are flawless but hunting is something weve been doing for centuries. Would rather hunt than be hunted. Whos to say jaguars wouldn't hunt us if they were as intelligent? Animals aren't as intelligent as us and thank God for it

A clear consequence of deforestation. Where are the animals supposed to live if their homes are being leveled for shopping malls and condominiums complexes? Then humans moan about bears eating out of their trash and deers running around.
Absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom