Do you buy or sell on Craigslist?

I've never really purchased anything off of craigslist, and I recently just started selling on Craigslist for the first time.

I put a large DJ type speaker for sale considering I want to do a local pickup on this item due to it's size and weight. Now, you figure selling DJEquipment would be a breeze, but I am getting emails that hardly make sense, asking me for my information in exchange for a check which are clearly scams. Even people I'm calling back seem like they are beasting, asking for my address out of the gate which makes me feel a bit uneasy. I'm just not willingto give up my personal information off the bat, especially when the first thing I ask duke is where he's from and he responds... "I'm fromCompton, what's your address?" Can we at least talk about the details of the product and transaction first? Damn...

Am I being paranoid or is craigslist full of crooks?
Hoping to hear some feedback about your prior dealings with craigslist.

nah, it's good to be paranoid. better safe than sorry.

one time, i bought a pair of stanton turntables, a mixer and a crate of records... then i sold them 4 days later. 2 smooth transactions. haha

and another time, i was buying a tom tom... and it turned out to be my friend! hahaah

I sold some Kanye tickets on there. Everything went pretty smoothly though. The only thing is I never have them meet me at home. I always meet in a neutralpublic place.

I've never sold anything but i've copped tickets off some people on there. Everything went smoothly but there are alot of crooks on there.

I only do meet ups though, i would never do shipping on craigslist unless he had a ebay account.

If anything just give em a different address and see what they say.

CL is a nest for crooks and scammers. Only times I've dealt with CL were buying autos. And even then I met a few crooks, one time I was about to buy anAcura when I realized there was no way the last name on the pink slip was that of the seller. Turns out the car was in a front end accident and the CL sellerwas trying to make a quick buck by reselling.
grin.gif
I don't know if youcan, given you're selling a large speaker but if possible meet them up at some public place like a mall parking lot. Never give out your home address toanyone on CL, no matter how legit they seem.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

The only thing is I never have them meet me at home. I always meet in a neutral public place.

Exactly. I sell things all the time on Craigslist, and every single time I had them meet me in a public place, most of the time in front of Best Buy orTarget. Today I met up with a guy at Wendys and we did the transaction there. Craigslist is an easy place to buy/sell as long as you're smart about it.

Did most of my Warriors ticket purchases through CL, helps if they're season ticket holders.

Unrelated, but has anyone ever posted a "Missed Encounter" on CL? There's so many times where I wish I pulled a "Yo, excuse me miss"but just froze up/thought better of it. Of course, it wouldn't ever hurt to be able to do a partial do-over by posting an ad that she won't see just tosay I tried
laugh.gif

I have only sold stuff on Craigslist.
Every time I want to buy something I'm always too late.

i have no idea how big the speakers are..but you gotta meet dude anywhere BUT your house. I've purchased a few items on CL and it went smooth. Bringing afew friends with you might not be a bad idea neither.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Did most of my Warriors ticket purchases through CL, helps if they're season ticket holders.

Unrelated, but has anyone ever posted a "Missed Encounter" on CL? There's so many times where I wish I pulled a "Yo, excuse me miss" but just froze up/thought better of it. Of course, it wouldn't ever hurt to be able to do a partial do-over by posting an ad that she won't see just to say I tried
laugh.gif

word, that's pretty much all i buy at CL. and only season ticket holders so they can email the tickets.
and since you're selling something that you probably can't carry by yourself i suggest bringing a friend or two just to make sure. and likeeveryone said, always meet in a public place. it would help if there was security around or maybe even cameras.

I've bought things on CL and sold things on there. What I've noticed is that about 90% of buyers are full of sh. They're flakers who have nointention of buying, they just want to talk prices. I always ask for a number to reach them at and if they're serious they'll give me one and ifthey're not they'll never email me again or come up with some lame excuse. Like one guy who said he did'nt have a phone but was emailing me througha sidekick. Play it safe meet at public places and bring someone with you if possible.

never bought anything but i listed my car cd player and sold it the next day...

by buy and sell do you mean prostitute myself out to 40yr old women for a starting rate of 250 dollars?

NO. no i dont.

I sold 30+ Itouches/Classics, Ps3's, 360's, all with no problems whatsoever.

Only things i've purchased was an HDMI cable and Fifa 08

LOL!! CL for H-Town go down. I got a set of 4 off road tires for my truck with 60% thread for $40 for all four. Then I was hooked, I starting checkin out otherportions of the site which lead me to "casual encounters" which in turn led me to two () hookups all legit. I was surprised, amazed, and extremelyhappy. Gotta be careful tho. Start off chattin and get to know them and then once you find out that they are real and not some dating service its A to the G!

i use to post something on craigslist and get those crazy business proposals asking me to give out my info and send checks....so what i did was i listed astrand of hair for sale as a joke....and still i got those business proposals

Back
Top Bottom