Do you change your alcohol drink with the season?

I find I like certain types of drinks in certain seasons.

For example, I like to drink Mexican beers in the summertime. My favorites are Pacifico, Dos Equis (green bottle), Modelo Especial, and Bohemia. I also drinkOld Style as my cheapo BBQ/baseball game beer.

Once fall hits, I switch to Newcastle, Bass, Dragon's Milk, Baltika brown and other assorted brown ales and I.P.As.

Winter welcomes in Murphy's Irish Stout, Beamish, Poet, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Guinness. In addition, I will have whiskey drinks like Jackand Coke or Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on 2 rocks. Also, I will drink cognac in the winter.

As spring rolls around I begin to drink Duvel, St. Sebastian, and assorted wheat beers (with a slice of lemon, of course).

Wine is fine the year-round, though we typically only drink it with/after a meal.

Am I weird or do some of you do these types of things?

I don't think you are alone on this one. While my love for Bud Heavies does not change no matter the season there are certainly types of beers/booze Idrink depending on the weather.

Son you are a beer connoisseur ! and 98% of NT has never heard of 98% of the drinks you listed.

- Yes!

- I'm done with my Egg Nog game, 'till next year
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Son you are a beer connoisseur ! and 98% of NT has never heard of 98% of the drinks you listed.
Well now you guys can go to your local top-notch liquor store and try some new stuff. Many of the better LQs have a single bottle section so you cantry one out without buying a 6-pack.

One of the stores I frequent has four coolers of import/micro singles that you can choose from to build your own 6-pack for $10.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

white in the summer, brown in the winter.

Do you like Blue Moon Belgian White? I sold a ton of that stuff when I was tending bar in college.

summer is Tecate time for me, the other 3 seasons are whatever, even wine coolers. as long as it has alcohol...

For example, I like to drink Mexican beers in the summertime. My favorites are Pacifico, Dos Equis (green bottle), Modelo Especial, and Bohemia. I also drink Old Style as my cheapo BBQ/baseball game beer.

Once fall hits, I switch to Newcastle, Bass, Dragon's Milk, Baltika brown and other assorted brown ales and I.P.As.

Winter welcomes in Murphy's Irish Stout, Beamish, Poet, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Guinness. In addition, I will have whiskey drinks like Jack and Coke or Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on 2 rocks. Also, I will drink cognac in the winter.

As spring rolls around I begin to drink Duvel, St. Sebastian, and assorted wheat beers (with a slice of lemon, of course).
This is an on point list for beers. I personally like darks, bocks and reds year round... but I'll still rock the American "sodapop" beer. Busch is my tailgating choice.

That sir, is a impressive list. I switch it up with seasonal drinks, since many drinks are better during different seasons. Winter whiskey, egg nog and harvestmoon are amongst my favorite winter/fall seasonals.

starbury03 wrote:
That sir, is a impressive list. I switch it up with seasonal drinks, since many drinks are better during different seasons. Winter whiskey, egg nog and harvest moon are amongst my favorite winter/fall seasonals.

mace40 wrote:

For example, I like to drink Mexican beers in the summertime. My favorites are Pacifico, Dos Equis (green bottle), Modelo Especial, and Bohemia. I also drink Old Style as my cheapo BBQ/baseball game beer.

Winter welcomes in Murphy's Irish Stout, Beamish, Poet, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Guinness. In addition, I will have whiskey drinks like Jack and Coke or Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on 2 rocks. Also, I will drink cognac in the winter.

This is an on point list for beers. I personally like darks, bocks and reds year round... but I'll still rock the American "soda pop" beer. Busch is my tailgating choice.

Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Do you like Blue Moon Belgian White? I sold a ton of that stuff when I was tending bar in college.
Actually I've never tried it, Ima have to give it a try.

Natty light
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
ok not really. I'm not into drinking so it doesn't change by season, but does by what I'm up for. If I'm just chilling with homiesit's honey brown, if it's partying we bring out the liquor.

idk i think i do, i drink more light colored liqour in the summer (vodka tequila), winter im more dark colored(hennessey, jack daniels)

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Actually I've never tried it, Ima have to give it a try.

People usually drink it with a slice of orange, like the lime in a Corona.

I find myself drinking more hard liquor during fall and winter, more beer during spring and summer.

Sailor Jerry and Coke, Captain and Coke and Jack and Coke when it's cold outside...

maybe it's that "refreshing aspect" of an ice cold beer on a hot summer day or a warm summer night?

I do like the Sam Adam's Winter Lager a lot right now though.

-J-

ONLY champagne from the 1st of the year until my birthday at the end of May...

Then white from then on...

I had to quit brown...

Mexican beer
grin.gif

I drink Rickards White with an orange, so damn good.

I usually drink just beer in the summer and other alc. during the winter, something about just chillin outside with a beer and people is a great feeling to me.

Sapporo, Red Stripe, Tiger, Labbat Blue, Steam Whistle, Tsingtao, and some others I can't think of is what I like.

Bo55Diesel, you seem to know beer, have you ever heard of Pumpkin Ale? I tried it a few weeks ago, worst crap ever, it's supposed to taste like pumpkinpie, and it felt like a big heap of cheap beer mixed with all spice or nut meg.

im familiar with pretty much everything he mentioned, only cuz i work at a wine store with a significant beer section of independent breweries, foreign stuffetc.

with regards to the topic, i pretty much like white liquor year round, i dont change what i like to drink with different times of the year

RatherUniqueB wrote:
Mexican beer
grin.gif

I drink Rickards White with an orange, so damn good.

I usually drink just beer in the summer and other alc. during the winter, something about just chillin outside with a beer and people is a great feeling to me.

Sapporo, Red Stripe, Tiger, Labbat Blue, Steam Whistle, Tsingtao, and some others I can't think of is what I like.

Bo55Diesel, you seem to know beer, have you ever heard of Pumpkin Ale? I tried it a few weeks ago, worst crap ever, it's supposed to taste like pumpkin pie, and it felt like a big heap of cheap beer mixed with all spice or nut meg.

It seems like that was the cool thing to do this year. Dogfish Head made one that was ok. It wasn't supposed to taste like pumpkin pie,though. It just had a slight pumpkin backnote. There is a Brewery in Michigan called New Holland Brewing Company that makes one called Ichabod. It is verygood.

Dogfish Head

Ichabod

Back
Top Bottom