Do you change your alcohol drink with the season?

RatherUniqueB wrote:
Oh, thought it was pie, same crap lol. Either way it was just too thick for my liking.

The one you had might have tasted like pie. I had a couple this year that were pumpkin and spices and I remember one of them tasting sort of like pumpkinbread. I don't remember the name, though.

laugh.gif
at this post

henny year round. but for beers i switch up about every month or two. corona, heineken, widmere = hef, drop top, snow plow, oct fest. guinness, sam adams. orwhatever i see in the beer isle. then switch up a month later or if i hate it. at least i know i tried them. but for BBQ its usually corona and heineken

I would say I am developing a similar drinking style but I don't drink hard liquor, beer only.

Spring - Summer: barleywines, lagers, ales, wheat

Fall: ipa's/double ipa's, bark beers, belgian ales

Winter: Heavy stouts , holiday brews, heavy/thick beers in general.

I don't really stick to any particular beers, I have my favorites but I am always trying new beers and my fave list continues to grow.
I generally lean toward micro brews and imports.

I had some Alesmith Speedway Stout and Stone (2006) Imperial Russian Stout on tap the other day at my beloved local sandwich shop. Both are 11%ers, pourpitch black and thick and although I had tried Alesmith Speedway Stout in the past, I had never had it on tap.

There is a sandwich shop less than 1 mile away that has over 700 different beers in their cooler and 8 different beers on tap that change monthly.
happy.gif

Also, there is a Bevmo nearby that I go to 1-2 times a month and there's also a liquor store nearby with an impressive selection of tall bottles and sixpacks that is open till midnight for my late night needs.

digitalO22 wrote:
I would say I am developing a similar drinking style but I don't drink hard liquor, beer only.

I don't really stick to any particular beers, I have my favorites but I am always trying new beers and my fave list continues to grow.

I had some Alesmith Speedway Stout and Stone (2006) Imperial Russian Stout on tap the other day at my beloved local sandwich shop. Both are 11%ers, pour pitch black and thick and although I had tried Alesmith Speedway Stout in the past, I had never had it on tap.

There is a sandwich shop less than 1 mile away that has over 700 different beers in their cooler and 8 different beers on tap that change monthly.
happy.gif

Also, there is a Bevmo nearby that I go to 1-2 times a month and there's also a liquor store nearby with an impressive selection of tall bottles and six packs that is open till midnight for my late night needs.

That sounds like a great shop. Where is it located?

I have a Stone Vertical Epic in the fridge. It is made to be aged until 2012. I can't wait to drink it.

Vertical Epic

Recently, I drank a Fuller's Vintage Ale from 2005. Very Tasty!

Vintage Ale

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

digitalO22 wrote:

I had some Alesmith Speedway Stout and Stone (2006) Imperial Russian Stout on tap the other day at my beloved local sandwich shop. Both are 11%ers, pour pitch black and thick and although I had tried Alesmith Speedway Stout in the past, I had never had it on tap.

happy.gif

Also, there is a Bevmo nearby that I go to 1-2 times a month and there's also a liquor store nearby with an impressive selection of tall bottles and six packs that is open till midnight for my late night needs.

I have a Stone Vertical Epic in the fridge. It is made to be aged until 2012. I can't wait to drink it.

Vertical Epic

Vintage Ale
It is a great shop and it is truly one of a kind!
It's called Stuffed Sandwich and is located in the city of San Gabriel, Ca.
(15 minutes northeast of Los Angeles)
http://www.stuffedsandwich.com/
Check out the beer menu and also the "Our Story" link, it's an interesting read.

EDIT:
Check this out...they are ranked #9 in the 50 top places to have a beer in America.
happy.gif

http://beeradvocate.com/acbw/2006/places

On Wednesdays some good ol' fashioned beer tasting goes on. And it's something the locals do, not something that is promoted by the sandwich shop, asthey do not brew any beers. You get to meet meet new people, talk beer talk, gain/share knowledge... pour a little out the tall bottle and pass it on. It's a great atmosphere.

You know what the funny thing is, when I paid my tab last time around I took a warm Vertical Epic from '07 to go...I have it sitting on my shelf. Iguess you can open them prior to 2012 but the primary goal is to have (2/2/02 - 12/12/2012) so you can do a tasting of all Vertical Epic's slated torelease. Pretty cool concept. The owner of the sandwich shop mentioned to me he saw a bottle from '02 selling in the $600 range recently.

As for the Fuller's Vintage Ale, I have never really heard of it but it sounds interesting.
I'll have to give that a try sooner than later...

For example, I like to drink Mexican beers in the summertime. My favorites are Pacifico, Dos Equis (green bottle), Modelo Especial, and Bohemia. I also drink Old Style as my cheapo BBQ/baseball game beer.
you're on point man, i love mexican beer all year round though.
have you tried Dos Equis amber? way better than especial

Presidente is a favorite aswell.

Originally Posted by JBug88

I find myself drinking more hard liquor during fall and winter, more beer during spring and summer.

Sailor Jerry and Coke, Captain and Coke and Jack and Coke when it's cold outside...

maybe it's that "refreshing aspect" of an ice cold beer on a hot summer day or a warm summer night?

I do like the Sam Adam's Winter Lager a lot right now though.

-J-

i definitely agree with that last statement right there.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by digitalO22

digitalO22 wrote:

happy.gif

Vertical Epic

Vintage Ale
It is a great shop and it is truly one of a kind!
It's called Stuffed Sandwich and is located in the city of San Gabriel, Ca.
(15 minutes northeast of Los Angeles)
http://www.stuffedsandwich.com/
Check out the beer menu and also the "Our Story" link, it's an interesting read.

EDIT:
Check this out...they are ranked #9 in the 50 top places to have a beer in America.
happy.gif

http://beeradvocate.com/acbw/2006/places

On Wednesdays some good ol' fashioned beer tasting goes on. And it's something the locals do, not something that is promoted by the sandwich shop, as they do not brew any beers. You get to meet meet new people, talk beer talk, gain/share knowledge... pour a little out the tall bottle and pass it on. It's a great atmosphere.

You know what the funny thing is, when I paid my tab last time around I took a warm Vertical Epic from '07 to go...I have it sitting on my shelf. I guess you can open them prior to 2012 but the primary goal is to have (2/2/02 - 12/12/2012) so you can do a tasting of all Vertical Epic's slated to release. Pretty cool concept. The owner of the sandwich shop mentioned to me he saw a bottle from '02 selling in the $600 range recently.

As for the Fuller's Vintage Ale, I have never really heard of it but it sounds interesting.
I'll have to give that a try sooner than later...

If I ever get out to the left coast I'll check it out for sure!

In the summer-magic hat #9 and circus boy at home, blue moon at a restaurant

In the winter-murphy's irish stout, sam adams winter

i drink asian in the summer, english in the winter, mixing it up in between. faves: sapporo, asahi, tsing tao (sp?) boddingtons guiness newcastle and thenother randoms

Back
Top Bottom