Do you draft players from teams that you hate? Vol. Fantasy Football

theres no favorites in fantasy. i learned this the hard way. the only Dolphin i have on my big money league is Reggie Bush as a bye week option. yet i have Wes Welker and had Santonio Holmes highlighted until the guy before me picked him.

I could care less about what team they play for....i'm playing to win ($ in some instances). If Tony Romo can help me out, then so be it.

Good one man
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Gentlemen, what are we? 12?

It goes beyond just drafting players from NFC North foes, but my favorite QB after the age of 10 was Brett Favre, and one of my favorite QB's right now is Aaron Rodgers.

Sometimes I just like to be a fan of the game.

Ol noble @#$*# !@&$$@*.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I could care less about what team they play for....i'm playing to win ($ in some instances). If Tony Romo can help me out, then so be it.

Well said. Same goes for Slowshon Moreno.

I know it says fantasy football, but I would draft LeBron or Kobe any day... well Kobe from like 2-3 years ago.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by hugebird

The reason I don't play fantasy sports. I'm a real fan.

Real fan....
laugh.gif
right. 

laugh.gif
I despise this argument.  I play fantasy sports so OMG I'm so not a real fan.

You hate it because it's a reality. If you are sitting there rooting for a player against your squad simply because he's on your fantasy team, I will have to question how much of a fan you are. The "real fan" aspect was a poke, mostly because I see how people vitriolically react to that, but I do question how people can compartmentalize these things.

Not a real fan of that TEAM or not a real fan of that SPORT?

I can understand the argument from an elastic point of view, but I think it is a silly argument all together. But again, I understand the idea, but I also understand the idea of people always wanting to show and prove how they are more of a true fan than the next man. Just silly

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Not a real fan of that TEAM or not a real fan of that SPORT?

I can understand the argument from an elastic point of view, but I think it is a silly argument all together. But again, I understand the idea, but I also understand the idea of people always wanting to show and prove how they are more of a true fan than the next man. Just silly
Yea I can see both views. For me though, I'm not really rooting for the team, just that player to score for me. I have Santonio Holmes on my squad. Would I like him
to catch 3 tds against the Texans to give me points? Sure, but the Texans better win 35-21.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Real fan....
laugh.gif
right. 

laugh.gif
I despise this argument.  I play fantasy sports so OMG I'm so not a real fan.

You hate it because it's a reality. If you are sitting there rooting for a player against your squad simply because he's on your fantasy team, I will have to question how much of a fan you are. The "real fan" aspect was a poke, mostly because I see how people vitriolically react to that, but I do question how people can compartmentalize these things.

You're talking about a player going against my squad, that I don't root for.  I always bench all players going against my team, pitchers going against the Yanks, players going against Marty, etc.  One series, one game, they're always benched.  I don't see how me rooting for someone like Deseasn Jackson to have a big game against someone like the Packers or 49ers or rooting for Nick Markakis to try and hit a HR when he's playing the Twins doesn't make me a real fan.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

not

one

steelers

player

drafted

Puck Fittsburgh

I mean other than their defense and Mike Wallace, what is desirable about that team (Fantasy Wise (No Romo)).

ProShares, you are really hurting your chances of winning with that "I Bench folks vs. My Team" attitude.
laugh.gif

this

laugh.gif
DC, it works out in baseball/basketball/hockey because there are a lot of games to make up and baseball has bigger rosters so I usually make up the stats.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Well said. Same goes for Slowshon Moreno.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

not

one

steelers

player

drafted

Puck Fittsburgh

I mean other than their defense and Mike Wallace, what is desirable about that team (Fantasy Wise (No Romo)).

ProShares, you are really hurting your chances of winning with that "I Bench folks vs. My Team" attitude.
laugh.gif

Um, that guy Rashard. But yeah, it's not like dudes are scoping for Hines Ward.

dont have a football team so whatever
laugh.gif

although i did have jarome iginla on a fantasy team last year and he scored 43 goals
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
DC, it works out in baseball/basketball/hockey because there are a lot of games to make up and baseball has bigger rosters so I usually make up the stats.
If you have to use the term "make up" then that lets me know you believe you aren't doing what is conducive to winning.
laugh.gif

mendenhall050311.jpg

I know it doesn't help unless it's not really the top end players
laugh.gif
but I do pretty well in all 3 so I guess it all works out in the end.

It has nothing to do with teams. Do I draft players that I hate? Rarely.

What would I look like if I drafted Matt/Ryan/Wes Welker/Cedric Benson/Brandon Jacobs/Roy Williams/etc. after I've spent years defacing their abilities on here? That would mean I was actually wrong/admitting I was wrong, neither of which are acceptable.

And I do alright.

aside from hakeem nicks i avoid all other giants and ********
eagles are a go.

cowboys ftw though

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

It has nothing to do with teams. Do I draft players that I hate? Rarely.

What would I look like if I drafted Matt/Ryan/Wes Welker/Cedric Benson/Brandon Jacobs/Roy Williams/etc. after I've spent years defacing their abilities on here? That would mean I was actually wrong/admitting I was wrong, neither of which are acceptable.

And I do alright.
But do you think you could do better?
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom