Do you ever feel as if there are alot of people that hate on your success or success in general?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I never had someone tease me about going off to college, I would just walk away from a person like that and probably never have another conversation with them ever again.

Just shows me where a persons head is at.

this

i dont surround myself w/people i dont $$$@ with so i've never felt like anyone was hating on me...im fortunate enough damn near all my friends went/are in school or at least doing positive things with their life
pimp.gif

sorry to hear some of you have dealt with that tho
I deal with haters all the time, not long term though.  More like friends of friends that are all working menial jobs at 26 years old

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I never had someone tease me about going off to college, I would just walk away from a person like that and probably never have another conversation with them ever again.

Just shows me where a persons head is at.

this

i dont surround myself w/people i dont $$$@ with so i've never felt like anyone was hating on me...im fortunate enough damn near all my friends went/are in school or at least doing positive things with their life
pimp.gif

sorry to hear some of you have dealt with that tho
I deal with haters all the time, not long term though.  More like friends of friends that are all working menial jobs at 26 years old

some people are just mad when they see their peers making moves.

it's a shame though how people got that crab in a bucket mentality. their content living in their small little bubble world and they get butthurt when they see someone else doing their thing and trying to better themself

some people are just mad when they see their peers making moves.

it's a shame though how people got that crab in a bucket mentality. their content living in their small little bubble world and they get butthurt when they see someone else doing their thing and trying to better themself

##%$ em straight up and down and twice on Sundays! Do you acoomplish YOUR goals and keep it progressive. People talk it's a fact of life and unfortunately 85% is ever actually true or pertains to you.

##%$ em straight up and down and twice on Sundays! Do you acoomplish YOUR goals and keep it progressive. People talk it's a fact of life and unfortunately 85% is ever actually true or pertains to you.

Most everyone I know was happy to see me off to college, even more so people who were drop outs or just barely graduating high school. A lot of the goons I kicked it with were straight up smiling from ear to ear when they found out I got into UM and was goin there, granted half of em just like it cuz thats "their school" and the football team took on all the local hood cats back in the day, but others really wanted to see me make moves to really make it.

The few people that I've felt hated my success have been people that worked harder than me at near everything and still didnt achieve more ultimately. They might have studied more and pulled a 99% instead of a 96, but ultimately I got just as much scholarship money as them and was just as well liked, if not more.

Most everyone I know was happy to see me off to college, even more so people who were drop outs or just barely graduating high school. A lot of the goons I kicked it with were straight up smiling from ear to ear when they found out I got into UM and was goin there, granted half of em just like it cuz thats "their school" and the football team took on all the local hood cats back in the day, but others really wanted to see me make moves to really make it.

The few people that I've felt hated my success have been people that worked harder than me at near everything and still didnt achieve more ultimately. They might have studied more and pulled a 99% instead of a 96, but ultimately I got just as much scholarship money as them and was just as well liked, if not more.

As Zig Ziglar says: "The only taste of success some people ever have is the bite they take out of you".

There was actually an experiment with monkeys in a similar situation.
http://www.sageconcepts.com/5-monkeys-and-a-cage

[h2]5 Monkeys and a Cage[/h2]
As a Psychologist I have studied human behavior. While I am not a veterinarian, I can make several applications and lessons learned from the following story about monkeys, especially as it applies to life and business. Can you?

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, you'll see a banana hanging on a string with a set of stairs placed under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, all of the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt to obtain the banana.  As soon as his foot touches the stairs, all of the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. It's not long before all of the other monkeys try to prevent any monkey from climbing the stairs.

Now, put away the cold water, remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him as he makes his way toward the stairs.  After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked.

Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why not? 

As Zig Ziglar says: "The only taste of success some people ever have is the bite they take out of you".

There was actually an experiment with monkeys in a similar situation.
http://www.sageconcepts.com/5-monkeys-and-a-cage

[h2]5 Monkeys and a Cage[/h2]
As a Psychologist I have studied human behavior. While I am not a veterinarian, I can make several applications and lessons learned from the following story about monkeys, especially as it applies to life and business. Can you?

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, you'll see a banana hanging on a string with a set of stairs placed under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, all of the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt to obtain the banana.  As soon as his foot touches the stairs, all of the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. It's not long before all of the other monkeys try to prevent any monkey from climbing the stairs.

Now, put away the cold water, remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him as he makes his way toward the stairs.  After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked.

Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why not? 

Yeah I have.  And those people I keep my distance from.  While I've made moves to bettr myself and my situation, they're stuck in the place in life with multiple kids, baby mama/daddy drama.

Yeah I have.  And those people I keep my distance from.  While I've made moves to bettr myself and my situation, they're stuck in the place in life with multiple kids, baby mama/daddy drama.

unless someone is directly throwing salt at you, not everything they say has to do with you ...... especially if this about something that happened in the workplace and oppose to someone just simple mindedly hating on you

unless someone is directly throwing salt at you, not everything they say has to do with you ...... especially if this about something that happened in the workplace and oppose to someone just simple mindedly hating on you

I don't think it's necessarily hating, just that 99% are only really concerned with themselves. If it doesn't benefit them then why should they really care ya know?

I don't think it's necessarily hating, just that 99% are only really concerned with themselves. If it doesn't benefit them then why should they really care ya know?

success means diff thing to diff ppl. Having said that, theres always gonna be someone more successful and less successful than you in the general sense of the term. Therefore, the "hate" is always lateral, usually towards your peers, especially people that are from the same place, school, block etc. as you. When you criticize someone, it always stems from your ego's own insecurity in fear of being labeled the exact same thing. Best thing one can do is to realize the reason for people's behavior and just let it go. 

Back
Top Bottom