Do you ever feel territorial about "your spot?"

Not to sound elitist, but I do get somewhat irritated when people start hyping a place up that I've been going to as if they're on some exclusive @+##. I know that people have obviously been going there before me (unless I really did start going upon the opening of the place), but I do get some sort of satisfaction in knowing about a bunch of places that people within my extended circle of friends don't know about. And I also do feel a bit annoyed when people talk like "oh man, I found the best dessert spot ever, yall dont even know!" when its a place I've been going to for months.

I already know it isn't that serious, but I just feel a certain way about it
embarassed.gif
. Is this normal behavior, or am I really just looking to feel special?
laugh.gif

i hate this

but its even more annoying when NTers claim they've been doing stuff forever when they started 2 weeks ago. especially when they have no idea what theyre talking about

"yo my entire family has been wearing polo since the 1920's"

indifferent.gif

Yeah, I knew it'd sound stupid
laugh.gif
I attribute it to being a kid and liking something no one likes, and once everyone knows about it and likes it, you don't feel special anymore. Really though, I guess I'm the only one who still feels like a kid about it, oh well.

and hi cwrite!

edit: edited for grammatical error

Originally Posted by kidposite

i hate this

but its even more annoying when NTers claim they've been doing stuff forever when they started 2 weeks ago. especially when they have no idea what theyre talking about

"yo my entire family has been wearing polo since the 1920's"

indifferent.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

Nah but i get that way when people park in front of my house in my spot especially when its raining.

Originally Posted by proper english

not to sound like a D.. but i stopped caring about things like this when i grew up.. 
Really? Cause the older people I know hold on to their "spots" for dear life like the last strand of their youth.  Certain places just hold that kind of love for people.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by proper english

not to sound like a D.. but i stopped caring about things like this when i grew up.. 
Really? Cause the older people I know hold on to their "spots" for dear life like the last strand of their youth.  Certain places just hold that kind of love for people.
That's what I've noticed about older people, too.

I used to love a local coffee spot until people started reviewing it on yelp.com. The owner jacked the prices up like wow, the line started to go through the place and outside of the door when before it was almost always deserted, and that bothered a lot of loyal locals like myself. I appreciate that the owner needed more business, but he didn't have to start catering to the new crowd while ignoring the old one that helped him keep his lights/electricity on when he was in a dire financial situation.

Not me because im really good friends with the manager so i get 1st dibs. I reserve kicks months in advance (got powders and the 2's on reserve) and walk in at 1pm on release date and pick em up.

theres this little burger shack in my town...place used to be dead empty, me and my patna used to ride our bikes over there to eat when we were youngsters. Now since food network did a segment on them I have to wait 1 hr to eat my favorite burger. It's gotten to the point where I just say eff it and head to mcdonalds.

man, i've been hearing "you don't know about this one spot though" since high school lol. ask where it's at and you get a "don't trip" answer.
smh.gif

from shoe spots to burrito spots...

i only feel like this towards music when somebody says they were the ones that showed everybody a certain song and im like c'mon doggie ive had that since last thanksgiving

Originally Posted by BgL2687

theres this little burger shack in my town...place used to be dead empty, me and my patna used to ride our bikes over there to eat when we were youngsters. Now since food network did a segment on them I have to wait 1 hr to eat my favorite burger. It's gotten to the point where I just say eff it and head to mcdonalds.
Squeeze Inn?

im glad when people tell me stuff like this.

makes me appreciate how vast the world is, and yet, at the same time, how small the world we live in is.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Squeeze Inn?
Is that place good? I've been thinking about going there for a while.

The only spot I really care about it my damn parking spot!

Dont park in it, don't park in front of it leave it alone ITS MY SPOT.

Back
Top Bottom