Do you have regrets about your DS collections now that off white, runners, yeezys have taken over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Jordan brand still continues to bring in massive dollars in 2018, the Saturday releases we all camped out for in years past are nothing but an afterthought these days. With this wave the last few years switching to running shoes or those with a more fashion casual look to it. For us that may have went a bit overboard dedicating full bedrooms to Jordans which have never touched pavement, how do you feel about the dollars and energy it took to get to this point? While it might not be the fad to be seen in public wearing an OG color way of Jordan 12s with denim and a hoody, is there still pride you take in being an old school sneaker head even though it isn't popular anymore to wear a Jordan color way that isn't limited anymore? How many of you have really downsized lately?

Been doing this Jordan thing since 92. I got into them because I am an MJ and Chicago Bulls fan that so happened to love shoes as well. No regrets at all because I never bought for any reason other than I wanted them. MJ was the only influence there. If the Air Jordan becomes no longer a trend I will still be proud of what I have. And I will still buy what I like. I never bought a pair of shoes because everyone else has or wants them. Not gonna change now.

In fact, I hope the other brands do take over finally making Nike/JB step up their sig and retro line.

Last edited:
No regrets because I only buy what I like and never been into the hype. I'm glad that other hyped up shoes came into play, because it just made it that much easier to cop many shoes in the last few years. I brought every signature model from 1 to 23 (including 15's - yes I love 15's), just missing the Flint's and I will be set. Always will be a Jordan fan who also love shoes, and that will never change.

While Jordan brand still continues to bring in massive dollars in 2018, the Saturday releases we all camped out for in years past are nothing but an afterthought these days. With this wave the last few years switching to running shoes or those with a more fashion casual look to it. For us that may have went a bit overboard dedicating full bedrooms to Jordans which have never touched pavement, how do you feel about the dollars and energy it took to get to this point? While it might not be the fad to be seen in public wearing an OG color way of Jordan 12s with denim and a hoody, is there still pride you take in being an old school sneaker head even though it isn't popular anymore to wear a Jordan color way that isn't limited anymore? How many of you have really downsized lately?
Seems like a bad investment plan? You had plenty of time to off load a collection as the prices started to dip

No regrets whatsoever, I’ve always loved Jordans and got most of the OG colorways ive always wanted. I sold my pairs long before it was too late so i got to wear them
And was able to recoup most of the money i spent on retail selling my worn pairs. Sneakers in general are a bad investment plan, i never get why dudes choose to hoed shoes. All it takes is a change in trends and those shoes are worthless. Look at how many adidas yeezys dropped in resell price over the years.

Believe it or not some people buy and collect with zero purpose of making money. To some its a true hobby they actually enjoy without trying to get a financial gain.

If my collection ends up being worthless, its still priceless to me.

Last edited:
I wondered about this one day. I had friends that had 100-200+ pairs of sneakers and sold them. I got like 50 pairs of kicks and cycle through them. I wear them for a couple days then switch. Some I thought I never wear but ended up wearing them more. Some people I know ended up turning to more trendier and practical. Shoes like Air max, yeezy, nmds and etc. me myself I love breaking out new Js or classic color ways. Old and new sneaker heads give me compliments so it’s cool. But to have them stored for them to crumble on you kinda insane.

Ima do what makes me feel good, sig.Js are tied to the era I came up in, the role models I had, and what influenced, and reflected my lifestyle .

Trends come and go, nostalgia is for keeps.

Repped deereebs deereebs for starting good topic..

:nthat:
This said perfectly^. The new brands dont have that kind of connection with people today. Unless they are buying genuinely. If they are, then they will have stories and nostalgia down the road.

Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

Lol this is what happens when you dont know why your doing something for the purists here this has been part of us long b4 it was "Cool"

I have been into sneakers since I was 8 ( 1988 ) back then there were no collectors that I knew of just amazing sneakers that I became interested in from other's feet, sports on tv and magazines.

Today I have a collection of around 3000 pairs Ive managed to cop mainly due to retros since 99 every shoe I ever wanted bar a handfull of nike grails.My only regrets are not getting to wear them enough and not buying certain colourways I later wished Id not passed up.

Sneakers are and always will be a passion and a part of me I laugh at hypebeasts its a sad sheep like existence follow your heart and youll never be asking yourself or others questions like above.

Lol this is what happens when you dont know why your doing something for the purists here this has been part of us long b4 it was "Cool"

I have been into sneakers since I was 8 ( 1988 ) back then there were no collectors that I knew of just amazing sneakers that I became interested in from other's feet, sports on tv and magazines.

Today I have a collection of around 3000 pairs Ive managed to cop mainly due to retros since 99 every shoe I ever wanted bar a handfull of nike grails.My only regrets are not getting to wear them enough and not buying certain colourways I later wished Id not passed up.

Sneakers are and always will be a passion and a part of me I laugh at hypebeasts its a sad sheep like existence follow your heart and youll never be asking yourself or others questions like above.

:wow: 3000 pairs :nthat:

Runners have always been around
Yeezys are nothing but a comfort shoe with a name attached to it
I really haven't given any thought to the Off White stuff

I only have a few favorites that are DS
Got quite a few VVVVVVNDS pairs :lol::lol::lol:
Been in the J game since 1990 so its a lifestyle and a hobby

No. I buy and wear what i like.

I dont buy just for value or hype. I also dont buy just because everyone else likes them.

The same should be for everyone, but some are driven by what others think. It is what it is.

The only thing I sort of regret is I used to buy anything I was even sort of interested in. Did it again with the recent Pines and Purples. I said I wasn't that impressed with them, but I let the old "If I don't get them now and want them later I'm gonna regret it" thinking get the best of me.

For the most part, I'm a lot more selective these days.

glad ppl hoped off the train; wearing them is much more niche; i'm bout that counter-culture

andre 3 stacks up there though
SomeSardonicGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom