Do you instant message at work? slack/gchat/etc?

We rely tons on slack. I feel like instant messaging is better than meetings and email for sure.

Do you instant message internally at work? Is it beneficial? Do you have discussions there too?

Yes. Work use Slack mainly. But other folks still use skype for business -_-

Slack have a good feature threading a conversation specially in a public / group room where you can isolate the discussion and with you or whoever you choose to. A lot API with it helps

Yeah, we just transitioned from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams.

Teams is dope, screen sharing during meetings is a breeze, audio is crisp, and you can send gifs.

All of the younger consultants at my job myself included use it all day every day, mostly just sending gifs.

We also have Skype, I prefer email for the paper trail on communications

Yes. Work use Slack mainly. But other folks still use skype for business -_-

Slack have a good feature threading a conversation specially in a public / group room where you can isolate the discussion and with you or whoever you choose to. A lot API with it helps
feels like your own private IRC but with a ton of features

i might buy some of their stock

feels like your own private IRC but with a ton of features

i might buy some of their stock
Been using Slack for a few years now. They're great at helping me procrastinate by messaging all day long. Not so good at making me money so far...

We also have Skype, I prefer email for the paper trail on communications

Skype for business here.

Typically all the Skype convos are saved in an Outlook folder.

I try my best not to talk too much in their. Too much interoffice drama. I've traveled to different offices across country and ppl will hit me up on Skype to chat from everywhere so I go busy mode all day.

Teams is dope, screen sharing during meetings is a breeze, audio is crisp, and you can send gifs.

All of the younger consultants at my job myself included use it all day every day, mostly just sending gifs.
yoooo so did we..........
who u work for :nerd:

We use Slack at our company, really fully featured chat app. A lot of us work remotely so we rely on it heavily to interact and meet with each other. Love the keyboard shortcuts on the Mac client.

The downside of being instantly accessible is that annoying people are just as annoying on Slack as they are in real life. I have had to set myself to away and turn off notifications on a few different occasions.

We use Zoom for our customer meetings and it is another great tool. Between Zoom and Slack I haven't used Skype since 2018

Same here

Younger folks use Teams at my gig. Older folks and non-tech saavy staff use our outdated EMR to send messages. Made sense to use for patient sensitive info but they'd use it for everything

It took years just to transition ppl to even fully use Outlook for emails
sabu.png

Back
Top Bottom