Do You know how to Touch Type?

89 without errors.

Meh.
grin.gif
Laptop keyboards < *

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Dang at all these nters getting 100+.
pimp.gif

Any tips? I know you have to touch type to type with that speed.
Mostly practice. I can't recall when I exactly learned to type without looking. Once you know where each key is, it just becomes second nature and I don't have to think about it after 16+ years of typing on computers. I generally always keep my fingers on the home row and move from there. Index fingers usually stay on the F and J key. I don't use the "right" fingers for every key, but it's just what you get used to and are comfortable with. 
I know the keyboard I use can slow me down a lot. Certain laptop keyboards that are too tiny can slow me up and the more basic desktop keyboards can be tricky. I use a Logitech Wave keyboard that I got years ago when I saw it on sale and it's very comfortable and easy to type on. The hand rest and the curve of the keyboard is pretty helpful. 

66 adjusted only typing I do now is when I'm on NT. but when I used to play games online I was at 80+ 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Dang at all these nters getting 100+.
pimp.gif

Any tips? I know you have to touch type to type with that speed.
Mostly practice. I can't recall when I exactly learned to type without looking. Once you know where each key is, it just becomes second nature and I don't have to think about it after 16+ years of typing on computers. I generally always keep my fingers on the home row and move from there. Index fingers usually stay on the F and J key. I don't use the "right" fingers for every key, but it's just what you get used to and are comfortable with. 
I know the keyboard I use can slow me down a lot. Certain laptop keyboards that are too tiny can slow me up and the more basic desktop keyboards can be tricky. I use a Logitech Wave keyboard that I got years ago when I saw it on sale and it's very comfortable and easy to type on. The hand rest and the curve of the keyboard is pretty helpful. 

I'm contemplating paying for a program online to help me touch type.$25
frown.gif
#slowtyper

Im gutted. 38 word per minute FTL! I work in an office as a paralegal and type all day and have so for the last 11 years. I type w/ prob 4 fingers at the most and still have to look at the keys.
laugh.gif

Ivwe been telling myself im going to start taking typing test once aweek for the last 9 yrs.
grin.gif
still havent got around to it.

Originally Posted by Defyant 1

Im gutted. 38 word per minute FTL! I work in an office as a paralegal and type all day and have so for the last 11 years. I type w/ prob 4 fingers at the most and still have to look at the keys.
laugh.gif

Ivwe been telling myself im going to start taking typing test once aweek for the last 9 yrs.
grin.gif
still havent got around to it.
dang, you type that much and still havent developed any skill in typing yet?

i dont type normal/standard but im pretty sure i can hit 100WPM+ on a good day.  I type in a weird chopsticks kinda way using mostly my left hand to reach across the keyboard and only my thumb and index finger on my right hand.  it is highly inefficient yet it somehow works for me.  i didnt take any classes or anything, i just honed my skills with many many hours of AOL + A/S/L back in the mid to late 90's. 

54wpm

To the dudes who are typing 100+wpm, try upping the time limit to 3 minutes.
I want to see if you guys can consistently type that fast.

mojodmonkey - Yes. Ive been a paralegal for over ten years and still can't type to savemy life. I find that workign in an office most male employees, regardless of age, are +$%!%+ typers in comparison to our femal counter parts. Maybe its just me, but typing is not my stong suit.

anyhow, lets get some typing contest going..

http://play.typeracer.com/?rt=1wfizmvixf2dp

92 .. 1 error. On a laptop thats on my lap. I need to retry this on my desktop
laugh.gif

98. Son in my prime I was so nasty I kind of want to practice again. I use to flood chats back in the aol day
s of my favorite dbz page and I would do it manually because I didn't know people
 were just using copy and paste or pressing enter a bunch of times.
pimp.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif
at the same time

It looks like some of them are easier that others. Averaged around 90wpm, took 4 different tests.

Back
Top Bottom