Do you recline your seat on trains and airplanes?

storm2006

Supporter
This is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine and It just happened so I figured I would get the NT community’s thoughts on it.

I NEVER do it on any mode of shared transportation with strangers (ie Uber, Amtrak, Airplane) because we all have the same amount of tight space as it is, why should it be okay for you to encroach on mine? I know there’s some tall and/or larger dudes on NT but it boils my blood when it’s like a 5’2 105lb chick doing it.

I just respect the limited space I have and hope others would do the same (or pay for an extra leg room seat).

Thoughts?

^ exactly

What I pay for is the space in front of my face up to the point of the chair in front of mines full lean, and the space behind me up to the point of my full lean.

Depending on your size , everyone has the same space.

Op do u let people merge

On trains sure, there’s a little more space. Never on airplanes. I travel for work, so most flights don’t seem long to me.

If my flights like an hour long, nah.

But I take 12+ hour ones from time to time. I recline on those like 75% of the way.

Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t. I usually just forget to do it. Not a big deal either way.

Planes, yup. I have never been on a flight for less than 3 hours.

Edit: I've been a 30 minute flight twice. No reclining.

Last edited:
The chairs have the option of leaning back, so if you choose to lean it back, great, thats what the function is there for.

Thats what i dont get about america or the world for that matter, anger and energy is always misplaced.

You dont like that the chairs are so close causing you to become uncomfortable, no one does. An individual in the process of looking for some comfort (in the same situation as you), sits in the chair that has a function (provided by the company) that allows you to lean back, thus aiding in their comfort. Your dumb butt takes your anger and energy that should be DIRECTED AT THE COMPANY that is not only providing the chairs with the function, THEY CREATED THE DAMN CRAMPED CABIN, but your dumb butt chooses to blame the other passengers.

Wake up.

I just respect the limited space I have and hope others would do the same (or pay for an extra leg room seat).

Thoughts?

This. I'm tall so as bad I want to recline I don't. I respect peoples space and hope they respect mines in return lol. I usually finesse a good exit seat so I have no issues whatsoever.

Unless the portion of your leg from your ankle to the knee is abnormally long, you don't even notice when someone puts their seat back. The seat in front of you bends back 45* with the angle clearing your knee.

The optics of it is worse than the actuality of it

Unless the portion of your leg from your ankle to the knee is abnormally long, you don't even notice when someone puts their seat back. The seat in front of you bends back 45* with the angle clearing your knee.

The optics of it is worse than the actuality of it

This isn’t necessarily true because I had a 6-hour cross country flight and a drunk hillbilly was sitting in front of me and leaned his seat back while I was working on my laptop and it shut my lid at an angle so it was unusable.

This isn’t necessarily true because I had a 6-hour cross country flight and a drunk hillbilly was sitting in frone ht of me and leaned his seat back while I was working on my laptop and it shut my lid at an angle so it was unusable.
That doesn't negate my statement.

To push your laptop back means the angle of bend was high enough to disrupt your tray table.

But I am sure you adjusted

That doesn't negate my statement.

To push your laptop back means the angle of bend was high enough to disrupt your tray table.

But I am sure you adjusted

I was not able to adjust the table on this model airplane to account for the bend.

Yes. Not overly tall at 6'3". But on planes I feel like a circus freak.

I'll recline any chance I get but always ask the person behind me if they're cool with it. Most people are.

I'm 6'4, I barley fit in the seats as it is. That lil recline space does nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom