Do you rock your Jordans AS SOON as you get them?

When I was a kid, I used to wear them outta the store, but now not so much

With the holiday heat season upon us, A LOT of people will obviously partake in copping Js in these upcoming months.

My question is, when do you guys actually wear them?

I don't like being amongst the masses who wear their Js over the weekend RIGHT when they get them. I like to put them on ice for a while.

For example, with the 6s dropping in a few weeks, they probably wont see light until next spring (March/April). 

I used to cop on Saturday and be at school Monday with em on. Taking pics with my homies that had em. That turned into me waiting until Tuesday so I would be almost the only one with them on. Nowadays a new pair sits in the closet for atleast 4 to 5 months before I wear em. Only pair I've worn so far was the concord lows. Mids still ds. Smh I need to wear my kicks more but don't get the chance to

Normally no, but i will make an exception for the grey tongue 13s. Since I've wanted for so long.

Just depends.. My Flint 13s from 2010 are still DS.... but I wore my Ferrari 14s the following Monday after the release, I never have a set time frame, just wear when I feel like it.

Nope. I may wear them weeks or months later. I tend to wear my dunks and asics as ever day shoes

I rock my grs within the same month of release and I tend to wait longer to unds limited releases. The only shoe I wore straight away on rd this year was the carmine 6s for a baby shower. 

Usually no, because I don't like to walk around and see 5 other people wearing the same colorway as me.  

I normally would wait a few months at least.  The one exception this year was the Hologram 13's.  I wore those a day after I received them.

But, if I am buying previous releases, that changes.  For example, I just bought a pair of Green Glow 4's, which I plan to unDS next week.  

depends on the shoe ... blk/red 1's were un-dsed the second the box arrived.. but i have gamma xi,concord low,cigar vi,fam forever 1's etc still ds

Usually no, because I don't like to walk around and see 5 other people wearing the same colorway as me.  

I normally would wait a few months at least.  The one exception this year was the Hologram 13's.  I wore those a day after I received them.

But, if I am buying previous releases, that changes.  For example, I just bought a pair of Green Glow 4's, which I plan to unDS next week.  

I'm exactly the same

I keep em DS for a while.  Especially if they were just released.  Any used cops usually get rocked the following weekend tho.  I did wear my Space Jams the day I got em. 

Yeah. I don't really care if everyone has a certain shoe, because if that were the case I wouldn't buy Jordans. I remember in highschool kids developed the mentality to keep a shoe on ice months before breaking them out.

Im not knocking anyone who does it, because they have their reasons and it's their shoe. But tomorrow isn't guaranteed, so in the meanwhile ima be rocking them. By the time I wear the shoe again it would be months old.

I usually wait like a week or 2 before I start wearing my kicks after I bought them. I'm always copping kicks so my rotation allows me to not be too anxious in wearing my new stuff.

I feel you man, i dont mind that everyone has em its just the fact that literally everyone by me, including most of my friends, wears em when they come out. I remember seeing a group of like 30 kids walking down the street all rocking carmines lol. I'd rather not be that guy

Generally I will. The folks I hang around all have different tastes. For example I got the b/w 1's that came out this week but I'm not copping any of the 13's where as some other folks are. Some aren't doing any Jordan's. So usually within my circle and the places I go I rarely see someone with the same shoes as me. Doesn't seem like a lot of folks in Atlanta wear 1's.

Nowadays a new pair sits in the closet for at least 4 to 5 months before I wear em. Only pair I've worn so far was the concord lows. Mids still ds. Smh I need to wear my kicks more but don't get the chance to

What he said. I think the only pair I've worn this year are my black 11 lows...but if I get those fragment 1s. It's over.

I usually wait but it's only because when I buy a sneaker I usually have another one in my closet I've yet to wear.

Rotations will always make it to where this doesn't even matter

I don't feel the need to unless I simply just feel like wearing it that day. I usually crack them out maybe 5-6 months after RD. Since I've always loved most of the shoes I cop, I don't need to get the wears in right away while they are "in". They will always be special to me.

ASAP. I try them on as soon as they arrive.  They're shoes.  I have zero DS pairs in my collection.  I'm not looking to sell any of my pairs anyway (unless some extenuating circumstance where I'm strapped for cash leads me to do so).  

Gonna rock my Infrared 6's out the store on Black Friday
nthat.gif

When I got the Playoff 8s on RD I wore them to work the same day. My first paycheck cop I felt so swagged up [emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji] I wanted to show off for the girls that worked in the mall with me :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Last edited:
I let them sit for at least a 3month period .. and than a proper event needs to come to mind .. don't wear them just cus

I "rock" them and don't wait. Been doing that since 95. Don;'t really care if everyone and their moms got a pair.

Back
Top Bottom