Do you think it's a wrap for Gilbert Arenas?

dude is playing super well tonight
pimp.gif

I think he's done as a starter. Nowadays, he doesn't get enough lift on his jumpers to make them consistently while being defended. Also, his knees are atrophied to the point that his first step isn't enough to get by anyone. I do think he can be a very serviceable backup, especially as a spot up guy that can also run an offense, if he makes the commitment to adapting his game.

As a Wizards fan, I never really liked the guy or his game. I'm not a fan of inefficient volume scorers, just don't think they're conducive to consistent team success. I also questioned his maturity and leadership, even before Gilbert "guns in the" Arenas came to be. Still, as his career tails off, I can appreciate what he did for the Wizards franchise.

His greatest moment:

Eat it, Chicago.

I think he's done as a starter. Nowadays, he doesn't get enough lift on his jumpers to make them consistently while being defended. Also, his knees are atrophied to the point that his first step isn't enough to get by anyone. I do think he can be a very serviceable backup, especially as a spot up guy that can also run an offense, if he makes the commitment to adapting his game.

As a Wizards fan, I never really liked the guy or his game. I'm not a fan of inefficient volume scorers, just don't think they're conducive to consistent team success. I also questioned his maturity and leadership, even before Gilbert "guns in the" Arenas came to be. Still, as his career tails off, I can appreciate what he did for the Wizards franchise.

His greatest moment:

Eat it, Chicago.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am not joking at all. I am not using 2K as a justification like dude did with the CB, but in terms of pure shooting, 2K's rating system can let you know how great someone shoots. As I said, I redid ratings for every player in the game based on Data from HoopData.com. Shot Locations, and Gilbert's shooting ratings were AWFUL compared to what he would have been 4 years ago.

Inside: 74 Close: 72 Mid: 69 3PT: 66

To view the whole sheet: https://spreadsheets.goog...=en&authkey=CPKNzZQG
Jesus...
30t6p3b.gif

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am not joking at all. I am not using 2K as a justification like dude did with the CB, but in terms of pure shooting, 2K's rating system can let you know how great someone shoots. As I said, I redid ratings for every player in the game based on Data from HoopData.com. Shot Locations, and Gilbert's shooting ratings were AWFUL compared to what he would have been 4 years ago.

Inside: 74 Close: 72 Mid: 69 3PT: 66

To view the whole sheet: https://spreadsheets.goog...=en&authkey=CPKNzZQG
Jesus...
30t6p3b.gif

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

laugh.gif

It is nothing more than copying and pasting. Not as much as one would believe. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my rosters. I have never been a fan of 2K's out of the box ratings/rosters, so I do them myself along with others. Much better experience. When we upload the file I will be sure to tell you.

It is nothing more than copying and pasting. Not as much as one would believe. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my rosters. I have never been a fan of 2K's out of the box ratings/rosters, so I do them myself along with others. Much better experience. When we upload the file I will be sure to tell you.

yeah that bulls vs wizards series was nice. i didnt really mind anything else arenas did, like his blog and anything else, but on the court he was undeniably an assassin,

yeah that bulls vs wizards series was nice. i didnt really mind anything else arenas did, like his blog and anything else, but on the court he was undeniably an assassin,

Look like i was wrong for the night, he played a good game. Dwight and Gill was the only reason Orlando had a chance in the end.

Look like i was wrong for the night, he played a good game. Dwight and Gill was the only reason Orlando had a chance in the end.

Originally Posted by jmb1523

AZ still got some game 

Originally Posted by jmb1523

AZ still got some game 

Back
Top Bottom