Do you tip for takeout orders?

If I pay cash then I usually tip any coins I get back just cause I dont like loose change, sometimes on my mood ill give a dollar but other than that no.

Back when I was ordering takeout (pre-pandemic), I wouldn’t tip. I saw no reason as I was getting dressed and walking to the establishment to pick up my food. It would be no different than if I was walking by, thought it looked good then decided to pop in and make an order for takeout. Or going to Sam’s Club and getting a slice of pizza. Should I tip for that?

Nowadays, if I’m eating outside food at home then it’s something I ordered through UberEats, GrubHub, DoorDash, etc. Hell, half the time I get booze now I use Drizly :lol: I always tip but it’s crazy looking at the receipt afterwards because of all the added fees on top of the tip. And I know with Drizly most of the liquor stores around me have a minimum so I end up getting more than I want/need :smh: :lol:

So I’m picking up the food and you think I’m tipping ?
3A28903E-51A5-48B5-BE50-F64029089538.gif

When I use grubhub the tip is always there but I ordered Dominoes the other night and didn't tip, driver was like are you gonna leave a dollar for tip I said no and kept it moving
When I was a kid, I know for sure I definitely didn't tip and definitely would have repeat service. Hopefully no one tainted my orders, but there were definitely a good amount of drivers that would get mad about me not tipping.

system's obviously broken and tipping is just another way for the capital class to externalize the true costs of doing business but until the means of production are seized my beliefs dictate I must tithe to the workers around me because they'll die otherwise so yes.

I’ll tip takeout but not the traditional 15-25%. I’ll throw a few bucks

I actually got called out for this. I tipped 50 cents on a to go package brewery buy (I did the waiting in line for a hyped release for an hour and tipped/rounded up). Come to find out, they changed the tip amount on me. I went to the bank right away. Everyone still sides with the brewery and calls me a cheap donkey. Never mind the fact the bartender illegally altered the tab $5-6.

Back
Top Bottom