Do you want to scam eBay sellers? Paypal is glad to help!

Yup paypal has struck once again, here is what happend. In March 2007 I sold something for $200.00. The buyer lives in Australia and his paypal address wasconfirmed and he is verified, everything is on point. So lets fast forward 11 months to yesterday Feb 16 2008, I get a email from paypal saying they took the$200.00 out of my account because the buyer filed for unauthorized use of his credit card for the transaction we did 11 months ago! Now mind you, this guy hasleft me positive feedback, I have all emails from this guy, HIS PAYPAL ADDRESS IS CONFIRMED MEANING THE ADDRESS ON THE CARD MATCHES HIS ADDRESS so you mean totell me somebody used his card but had the item shipped to the card holder's address? So now I call paypal and the lady said just give us the trackingnumber from a year ago...which I do not have, he is out of country, he did not pay to have the item shipped international priority which would cost me a butload of extra money, and I actually do keep all my tracking numbers dating back from 3 years ago. So I ask the lady, basically if a buyer wants to get freestuff, all they have to do is just say the transaction was unauthorized a year ago even though I had the item shipped to my confirmed address? She was like ummumm umm, well...umm, this is not recommended..So basically make sure you keep ALL your tracking numbers because paypal will take money out of your accountyears later with NO QUESTION. I forwarded them all the emails from the buyer and even showed them the buyer left me a positive saying he got the item... So Igot the L

^ I hear you but international is actually my best buyers, I have way more customers around the world than in the United States so if I was to cut them out myprofit would decrease badly

exactly why i stopped messing with paypal about a year now.. i use only money orders i ask the seller if they will except from me and 9 out of 10 they do beingi have around 800+ feedback..

Providing false or misleading information may result in termination of your PayPal account and/or subject you to legal action. PayPal investigates allegationsof fraud and unauthorized use of accounts thoroughly and may refer the information you provide to law enforcement. You agree to cooperate in any resultinginvestigation or prosecution.

LOL...i guess son wasn't shook bout that

I'm convinced everyone who works for Paypal dropped out of school around the7th or 8th Grade.. No matter how many DIFFERENT people I speak to from that company, they all sound the same.. LIKE A @+@@$++ IDIOT. I absolutely hatePaypal.

dabossofbosses----You have nothing to lose as a buyer on paypal. If anythingyou're making it harder than it has to be.

I NEVER ship to international UNLESS they pay by cash or MO.

Always ship to CONFIRMED addresses in the USA. No exceptions. ALWAYS use delivery confirmation and add
it on paypal. Paypal sends an email with it directly to the buyer.

>$200= Always use certified mail and have a receipt of the signature mailed back to you. Take all precautions.

The truth of the matter is that sh#t still happen. Humans are disgusting.

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

I'm convinced everyone who works for Paypal dropped out of school around the 7th or 8th Grade.. No matter how many DIFFERENT people I speak to from that company, they all sound the same.. LIKE A @+@@$++ IDIOT. I absolutely hate Paypal.

BRO I feel the same way!!! Heres another thing that happend last year to me. I sent a buyer a refund and for some reason paypal processed the refund TWICEmeaning they took double the money out of my account. So I call them and first I speak to this lady that is like no sir, I do not see anywhere that we took themoney out twice, Im like why dont you look where it says $40.00 deducted twice...She is like nope, I dont see anything and Im telling her LOOK HER and shehangs up...So im like wait did this %!+#% hang up on me or did we get disconnected...so I call back and I talk to this other broad, she is like yes sir I seeit, wow that isnt suppose to happen...So im like cool, just refund me the money and she said sorry paypal is a user initiated program...basically telling methat I REFUNDED HIM TWICE so I ask her if I double click the send refund button does that make it go twice? She says no there is no way that can happen, so Imlike well you see I only sent the refund once and paypal sent it twice, and she said once again..sorry sir paypal is a user initiated program...Im thinkingthis women has nothing else to say, she is just going to keep saying "paypal is a user initiated program". So I say forget it, I explain thesituation to the buyer and he was honest and refunded my money. Paypal is the WORST

Originally Posted by Rican Rachets

Providing false or misleading information may result in termination of your PayPal account and/or subject you to legal action. PayPal investigates allegations of fraud and unauthorized use of accounts thoroughly and may refer the information you provide to law enforcement. You agree to cooperate in any resulting investigation or prosecution.

Sure.
laugh.gif

PayPal Employee: Good afternoon, did you fraud one of your eBay sellers?
Fraudulent Buyer: Well.. I kinda.. uhh.. well.. no.
PayPal Employee: Thanks for your time. Have a great day!

Case Closed.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by Rican Rachets

Providing false or misleading information may result in termination of your PayPal account and/or subject you to legal action. PayPal investigates allegations of fraud and unauthorized use of accounts thoroughly and may refer the information you provide to law enforcement. You agree to cooperate in any resulting investigation or prosecution.

Sure.
laugh.gif

PayPal Employee: Good afternoon, did you fraud one of your eBay sellers?
Fraudulent Buyer: Well.. I kinda.. uhh.. well.. no.
PayPal Employee: Thanks for your time. Have a great day!

Case Closed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Basically

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

I'm convinced everyone who works for Paypal dropped out of school around the 7th or 8th Grade.. No matter how many DIFFERENT people I speak to from that company, they all sound the same.. LIKE A @+@@$++ IDIOT. I absolutely hate Paypal.

BRO I feel the same way!!! Heres another thing that happend last year to me. I sent a buyer a refund and for some reason paypal processed the refund TWICE meaning they took double the money out of my account. So I call them and first I speak to this lady that is like no sir, I do not see anywhere that we took the money out twice, Im like why dont you look where it says $40.00 deducted twice...She is like nope, I dont see anything and Im telling her LOOK HER and she hangs up...So im like wait did this %!+#% hang up on me or did we get disconnected...so I call back and I talk to this other broad, she is like yes sir I see it, wow that isnt suppose to happen...So im like cool, just refund me the money and she said sorry paypal is a user initiated program...basically telling me that I REFUNDED HIM TWICE so I ask her if I double click the send refund button does that make it go twice? She says no there is no way that can happen, so Im like well you see I only sent the refund once and paypal sent it twice, and she said once again..sorry sir paypal is a user initiated program...Im thinking this women has nothing else to say, she is just going to keep saying "paypal is a user initiated program". So I say forget it, I explain the situation to the buyer and he was honest and refunded my money. Paypal is the WORST

laugh.gif
Damn, you seem to have the worst luck with them.. well my boy is 900 in the hole thanks to abuyer who won't return a Wii and Paypal.

tell them that you want all fees related to that transaction refunded and threaten a lawsuit as well.
trust me Paypal would rather reimburse you than pay court fees for $200.

Its actually is. Because nowadays people have friends or how ever create the listing for them. I was almost scammed like that recently.
When I purchased my Rasheed Supremes

i'm going to stop doing international, sold a macbook air and the guy in the u.k. is like "please allow time, my paypal account is not hookedup". no way i'm waiting on that crap, re-listing with no ship to international this time

Seems like there is no "right" way to avoid gettin frauded. Only once have i got frauded but it was noly for $15 so i was alright.

Good luck to yall.

One of my boys got $600 basically stolen because AFTER he sent a 360 out and the money was in his bank account, they informed him the credit card that was usedto pay for the item was stolen although the address was confirmed. They ended up taking all the money back but heres the biggest problem: the seller asked himto ship the item to a different address than the one in the account so the tracking number address didn't match up.

I just told him even if it was the right address paypal would probably never give the money back because they're shady. I'm just happy I've beenable to sell off my collection with no problem so far.

Paypal should just sell giftcards that you pay using CASH....screw credit cards/checking..

my mom got her purse stolen - she had a $100 JC penney gc
the doods used it - she was SOL.

..their company is rotten/same with Ebay.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

One of my boys got $600 basically stolen because AFTER he sent a 360 out and the money was in his bank account, they informed him the credit card that was used to pay for the item was stolen although the address was confirmed. They ended up taking all the money back but heres the biggest problem: the seller asked him to ship the item to a different address than the one in the account so the tracking number address didn't match up.

I just told him even if it was the right address paypal would probably never give the money back because they're shady. I'm just happy I've been able to sell off my collection with no problem so far.

I too am slowing offing my collection of 200 pairs of shoe. I do about 5-6 pairs a week depending how lazy I am to take pictures and everything. I do notship international anymore b/c of chargebacks. I learned my lesson 2 years ago. Sent a pair of uncocoa af1 to some guy in thailand. 5 months later I get achargeback.

I got scammed as a buyer,
Paypal wouldn't give me a refund because he provided a tracking number, even though it was for a totally different package...
the sellers name was warhan ng, goes the cal berkley...

Back
Top Bottom