does anybody know what type of nike sneakers was john starks wearing here?

ej

John+Starks+Dunks+On+Horace+Grant.jpg

dont remeber the name, i remember seeing them displayed in the garden a while back, i had this image on a tee back in the day, it was classic

dam i just googles air ballistic force and got these, i remember having these low top in a grey swede and black with burgandy accents, the shoes were crazy, bought them a whole size up just to rock them, i would love that shoe again, this colorway is sick also, not sure if they are the same ones that starks got one.. one thing that definetly is the same is the flight on the tongue. good looking for the name guy45

dzi2xg.jpg

1602cnr.jpg

Originally Posted by purplehazen

dam i just googles air ballistic force and got these, i remember having these low top in a grey swede and black with burgandy accents, the shoes were crazy, bought them a whole size up just to rock them, i would love that shoe again, this colorway is sick also, not sure if they are the same ones that starks got one.. one thing that definetly is the same is the flight on the tongue. good looking for the name guy45

dzi2xg.jpg

1602cnr.jpg
hay bro appreciate for helping out with what sneaker starks was wearing during the 90's, its just really memorable what starks did that night especially for new yorkers, anyways i think this sneakers are the nike air bound, and not the air ballistic force, but this image sure looks like what starks was wearing that night. hopefully more people would send in their comments on what starks was wearing on that memorable night were he dunk over horace grant and jordan. Thanks..

Originally Posted by purplehazen

dzi2xg.jpg

If they're Forces why is there a Flight logo on the tongue?

Those are indeed ballistic force mids, however the googled pic of those is wrong, those arent ballistic force anythings.

These pics I dug up from my archive are the closest ones I could find to what your looking for. Not much difference cept what starks has on seems to be real leather instead of synth (can tell from the shine) and his dont have the sliver heel accents either.

Ballistic forces are one of my all time favorites, specially the high cut ones. Shame there no longer wearable tho. Ive also given up hope that nike will ever retro them, cause there staying away from all the classic old school hightops for some dumb reason. Still, mabye one day well get these again:

Originally Posted by Trydan

Those are indeed ballistic force mids, however the googled pic of those is wrong, those arent ballistic force anythings.

These pics I dug up from my archive are the closest ones I could find to what your looking for. Not much difference cept what starks has on seems to be real leather instead of synth (can tell from the shine) and his dont have the sliver heel accents either.

Ballistic forces are one of my all time favorites, specially the high cut ones. Shame there no longer wearable tho. Ive also given up hope that nike will ever retro them, cause there staying away from all the classic old school hightops for some dumb reason. Still, mabye one day well get these again:

Thanks alot TRYDAN for sharing the information and taking the time to search for a great image of the ballistic force mids, i think you finally nailded the right shoe, i think this is truly the right shoe that starks was wearing on that night against the bulls, appreciate it bro, and i agree this is by far one of the best kicks i have seen.. and probably one of the most comfortable shoe for playing ball, hope one day nike would retro this.

Trydan has the right pics. Starks' were all leather and a few other NBAers wore em that year.

That's great information on the Starks shoes.  I never knew what shoes he had either.  That was such an iconic dunk that I still remember all these years later.

havnt seen that pic for a grip, im from the chi and starks was public enemy1 after that...i heard that every kid in nyc had that poster on his wall after that, can this be confirmed?

Starks is wearing the Air Ballistic Force 'Low,' which were actually mids. His are one of the TB colors from before there really were TB's. They were all black leather, with a white Swoosh, and really no other colors on them at all. We had them for ball in high school, and we got a white/dark royal blue version. Great shoes, and SUPER comfy. I would kill for another few pairs of those.

Those white/black/red things are the 1992 Air Bounds.

hth,
J

Originally Posted by OGskinnyJ

havnt seen that pic for a grip, im from the chi and starks was public enemy1 after that...i heard that every kid in nyc had that poster on his wall after that, can this be confirmed?

I remember I bought that poster at Cosbys the next year.  I have to see if my mom still has that some where in her garage.

Back
Top Bottom