Does anyone on NT Bodyboard or Surf besides me?

Video I made during Hurricane Sandy in VA beach, been doing it a long time I surf and paddle board too.

Last edited:
naw but it would be fun to try.
ive boogie boarded before tho

really tho alot of NT'ers dont even know how to swim :smh:

I surf. I grew up right on a cliff by a point break in San Diego so I surfed that a lot and the beach breaks near by.

Checking in.  

I've been surfing for 10 years.  My time in the water has been limited since my 2 year old daughter was born.  She's in toddler swim classes, and I'm looking forward to when I can paddle her out with me on a longboard in small surf 
pimp.gif
.  I'm guessing maybe 2 more years and I will take her out in knee high surf (with a life vest on her), and stand her up on a longboard with me.  I can't wait and I hope she is into it. 

Just got back from my brothers wedding in Maui and it felt good to be able to surf multiple days in a row. Reminiscent of my 15-22 age when I would surf every time it was up w/ da bros and was able to travel for surf. 

Checking in.  

I've been surfing for 10 years.  My time in the water has been limited since my 2 year old daughter was born.  She's in toddler swim classes, and I'm looking forward to when I can paddle her out with me on a longboard in small surf :pimp: .  I'm guessing maybe 2 more years and I will take her out in knee high surf (with a life vest on her), and stand her up on a longboard with me.  I can't wait and I hope she is into it. 

Just got back from my brothers wedding in Maui and it felt good to be able to surf multiple days in a row. Reminiscent of my 15-22 age when I would surf every time it was up w/ da bros and was able to travel for surf. 

My kids love it my son has been surfing on his own since he was 6 and he is 9 now and loves it. My daughter I take her with me on the longboard or paddle board she doesnt love it as much as my son but she still likes to get out. Cant wait till the kids are old enough and we can all go on a family surf vacation.

I did for a while here in Oregon. But being about an hour from the beach and most of the good waves in the winter, and that being snowboard season surfing definitely has been on the back burner. I would like to live somewhere a little bit warmer and closer to the beach to do it more though. Oregon in the winter then Indonesia or somewhere in the south pacific for summer would be the ideal life :smokin

I surf and bodyboard with my pops on the Cape during the summer. He grew up in SoCal so he loves it and is still really good for his age. 

I on the other hand am pretty good. Better than mostly all the people on the beach, but not pro. I like surfing more btw. 

I would do it more often during the summer, but a lot of beaches near me put a ban on surfing, boogie boarding, and skim boarding. They say it is too dangerous. You either have to go early in the morning or go out to the cape like I said. 

Last edited:
I competed for a long time and have been all over the world everyone should try it once in there life

i've tried about 4 times on vacations and cant do anything but ride the wave in. I wish I could turn in like you and actually ride the wave

surfing is one of those things i love to do but never get to do it. i live in az but used to have family in san diego so i would go at least 2 or 3 times a month. i wasnt the best of ever really got to ride a big wave, but as soon as i started learning how to surf, i loved it 

my family moved out of sd so now i dont go as much. really wish i stuck with it though. every once in awhile i tell myself to go back at least one a month, but havent stuck to that 
tired.gif

Tried it years ago for a few months....

Invested in a Rip Curl wetsuit too lol

I wasn't very good at all.

Considering KiteSurfing sometime soon...

Last edited:
I surf and bodyboard with my pops on the Cape during the summer. He grew up in SoCal so he loves it and is still really good for his age. 

I on the other hand am pretty good. Better than mostly all the people on the beach, but not pro. I like surfing more btw. 

I would do it more often during the summer, but a lot of beaches near me put a ban on surfing, boogie boarding, and skim boarding. They say it is too dangerous. You either have to go early in the morning or go out to the cape like I said. 
i'm jelly of your location bro. srs

used to bodyboard here in san diego, but i don't have the time anymore. last time i sponged was in hawaii/maui a couple years ago and i got spoiled by their water :tongue:.
OP i see you got a custom x leash, using a custom x board too? that gopro is sick, do you have any video facing the front of the board?

used to bodyboard here in san diego, but i don't have the time anymore. last time i sponged was in hawaii/maui a couple years ago and i got spoiled by their water :tongue:.
OP i see you got a custom x leash, using a custom x board too? that gopro is sick, do you have any video facing the front of the board?

Yeah I have ridden for Custom X for the past 15 years. I have more video I just have to edit it. It takes forever I more film from a few other days, it's just been so cold lately that unless its firing I'm not paddling out.

Used to ride Custom X's religiously for the better part of 10 years.

Dont have much desire to throw on a 6/4 to ride the winters anymore, so water time is super limited. Nowadays i just float around on a No.6 and trusty old Viper fins in the late summer, early fall.

Yeah they were my first sponsor so I have always stuck with them and they still float me boards for free not the customs like I used to but it's all good.

My boy Mark Dale owns no.6 there a good company.

Back
Top Bottom