Does Hip Hop Have The Least Savviest Fans ?

Hip Hop in general is for the most part what's hot right now. So many fans jump onto the next hottest act. Its tough for artists to stay relevant for a certain amount of time... That's why you have a lot of artists drop a very good album, but as mentioned, a couple years later you don't hear from them. There are few artists in hip hop who make timeless music & will be relevant for years & years.

I feel those girls have no room to speak on rock/country/etc. because I highly doubt they listen to any genre outside of rap. I agree 100% with Joe Budden. Rappers come and go, that is the nature of the game because many fans are looking for that "next club hit/banger or hot single". I also gree (as someone stated) that rap fans aren't loyal. It's a very "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. And it odd that the most transcendant rappers (ie. Jay-Z, Snoop, 50 Cent, Kanye, Em) have gone on to bigger/better things (financial opportunities ie. movies, movies, etc.) don't talk about the "street life" but they are among the most universally accepted rappers. Today's "popular" rapper will only stay as relevant as his first few hits and then it is "on to the next". Majority of rap fans are just cut from a different cloth.

I feel those girls have no room to speak on rock/country/etc. because I highly doubt they listen to any genre outside of rap. I agree 100% with Joe Budden. Rappers come and go, that is the nature of the game because many fans are looking for that "next club hit/banger or hot single". I also gree (as someone stated) that rap fans aren't loyal. It's a very "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. And it odd that the most transcendant rappers (ie. Jay-Z, Snoop, 50 Cent, Kanye, Em) have gone on to bigger/better things (financial opportunities ie. movies, movies, etc.) don't talk about the "street life" but they are among the most universally accepted rappers. Today's "popular" rapper will only stay as relevant as his first few hits and then it is "on to the next". Majority of rap fans are just cut from a different cloth.

this joe budden though?
he can talk all he wants but outside his little bubble no one cares what he has to say, only so many people care because he will always be known fro Pump it up

this joe budden though?
he can talk all he wants but outside his little bubble no one cares what he has to say, only so many people care because he will always be known fro Pump it up

Originally Posted by cartune

Hellll yea rap is a popularity contest and its gay as hell.

QFT
Every time I'm listening to music around this one dude I know, and he don't know the artist, first question he asks me is "is he gonna blow up?"

Dudes be caring less about what they actually like and more about what they think is the next hottest thing. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Hellll yea rap is a popularity contest and its gay as hell.

QFT
Every time I'm listening to music around this one dude I know, and he don't know the artist, first question he asks me is "is he gonna blow up?"

Dudes be caring less about what they actually like and more about what they think is the next hottest thing. 

you guys know that 99% of music fans dont give a @#!% about the artist personally right?
Rap is Rap. either its good or its not.
its not up to one group or one person to define the art.

If everyone really stuck to the true essence of "Hip Hop",
we'd all be rapping about having a brand new lincoln and a fleetwood caddilac huh-huh-huh hey yeahhhhhh clap ya hands everybody.

only rappers today that really stick to the ORIGINAL STYLE OF RAPPING are: Lil wayne, Gucci Mane, Jeezy etc.

Kool G Rap- The Road to Riches

EPMD stands for Eric and Parish Making Dollars.

Eric B and Rakim - Paid in full
The had on full gucci suits holding THOUSANDS of dollars.

to keep it funky, cats like Lupe and the rest are not real hip hop.

you guys know that 99% of music fans dont give a @#!% about the artist personally right?
Rap is Rap. either its good or its not.
its not up to one group or one person to define the art.

If everyone really stuck to the true essence of "Hip Hop",
we'd all be rapping about having a brand new lincoln and a fleetwood caddilac huh-huh-huh hey yeahhhhhh clap ya hands everybody.

only rappers today that really stick to the ORIGINAL STYLE OF RAPPING are: Lil wayne, Gucci Mane, Jeezy etc.

Kool G Rap- The Road to Riches

EPMD stands for Eric and Parish Making Dollars.

Eric B and Rakim - Paid in full
The had on full gucci suits holding THOUSANDS of dollars.

to keep it funky, cats like Lupe and the rest are not real hip hop.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

this joe budden though?
all these threads on NT and blogs say otherwise 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

this joe budden though?
all these threads on NT and blogs say otherwise 
ohwell.gif

The thing is that with hip hop/rap as well as other genres, there are so many acts who are hot at the moment and fade away.

I remember being in middle school and such bad music was popular and my sister was all into it, Good Charlotte, Alien Ant Farm, Yellowcard, etc.
These bands had a lot of fans and support, but where are they now? They moved on to other things and different acts.

I think that with hip hop/rap there is just less of an embrace for new acts and it takes longer for them to get recognized. There isn't as much diversity in what is popular, and rap fans are sometimes close-minded in the kind of rap that they enjoy rather than being able to appreciate it all.

The thing is that with hip hop/rap as well as other genres, there are so many acts who are hot at the moment and fade away.

I remember being in middle school and such bad music was popular and my sister was all into it, Good Charlotte, Alien Ant Farm, Yellowcard, etc.
These bands had a lot of fans and support, but where are they now? They moved on to other things and different acts.

I think that with hip hop/rap there is just less of an embrace for new acts and it takes longer for them to get recognized. There isn't as much diversity in what is popular, and rap fans are sometimes close-minded in the kind of rap that they enjoy rather than being able to appreciate it all.

rap fans arent fans of music... they wanna be these dudes... thats why everybody always giving wack +%$% a pass... people just like the artists... they dont care about the music at all... +%$% is a damn joke...

rap fans arent fans of music... they wanna be these dudes... thats why everybody always giving wack +%$% a pass... people just like the artists... they dont care about the music at all... +%$% is a damn joke...

i saw that video and got mad....

he's extremely short sighted if he thinks that that hiphop wont be generational...how else do you think legends still survive? they ALL still tour and

cator to people that grew up on them...and when you got messageboards such as niketalk, realraptalk, boxden, etc. all spreading da world of da golden age of hiphop

music ( da 90's) ppl will remember to give it a listen...rap is kinda like kicks, most of us are still rockin da stuff that dropped in da 90's-early 2000's

you go to these concerts and when a DJ plays a set its ALWAYS golden era joints.

i saw that video and got mad....

he's extremely short sighted if he thinks that that hiphop wont be generational...how else do you think legends still survive? they ALL still tour and

cator to people that grew up on them...and when you got messageboards such as niketalk, realraptalk, boxden, etc. all spreading da world of da golden age of hiphop

music ( da 90's) ppl will remember to give it a listen...rap is kinda like kicks, most of us are still rockin da stuff that dropped in da 90's-early 2000's

you go to these concerts and when a DJ plays a set its ALWAYS golden era joints.

Back
Top Bottom