Does JB really appreciate the loyal consumer?

See I'd like to give an essay response but I wrote too many of those this semester...so to simply tie it up, Jordan Brand cares about the checkbooks andthe numerical figures which really come from exploiting "da hood interests" and practically vandalizing OGs

Yes, JB does appreciate it's loyal customers... and I think that the packs are a GREAT way of showing that...
Obviously, the average consumer will not be able to afford all packs, but the LOYAL customer will get his/her pack by any means, even if that means shellingout a couple of extra dollars. "Limited" set aside, JB can't help if the "average" customers beast on their product to make a quickbuck for themselves. In JB's eyes, they're doing their job, by selling. In your eyes, and maybe others who didn't get the pack, JB's loyaltystatement on the CDP's are BS. Believe it or not, JB actually makes enough of these packs to go around.

Just watch the Gentry video. It really changed my opinion of what I though of him and the brand. The customer will NEVER be satisfied, and he and the Brand canonly do so much to satisfy our WANTS. So next time, just sit back and think, is it JB that's pooping on you, or the "average customer"...

I feel you that on that about being loyal to JB. And I also hate resellers camping and getting your sz. just to make that extra money!!! but i'm mean ifyou really wanted a pair you should of called which i do or else go out of my way (driving an hour or two) just to snag a pair. Or just get it from a resellerif they men that much to you. Because thats what happend to me when DMP's came out! Had to cash out.

bottom line: jordan is a company looking to make a profit...the packs are a good way to create hype and make sure that their items sell out...you notobtaining a pair just goes to show that they have reached their goal

Get a decent job to pay your bills. Pay for what you have to pay.
Subscribe what you need, i.e. electricity, phone; not what you see, i.e. Maxim magazine.
Gas is going to be $5/gallon soon; you're gonna need more packs to pay for your craps.

You feel offended that I'm telling you what to do with your life? I'm offended by your RE-selling price.

JB produces way less than what is demanded so people will be foaming at the mouth over their product till the next release and the retro comes back around.this cycle has been in place for a long while now. i think this stategy will stay in place until the popularity of jordan phases all but completely out. maybe5+ years down the road

Originally Posted by Burns1923

I missed out on Eastbay, Finishline, and NDC. AND the NDC re-stock, however limited that was.

I missed out on the DMP as well.

The way I figure it, JB could produce enough for everyone to buy 10 if they wanted. JB doesn't produce that many because they bank on the idea that when someone is denied something they really want, they're driven to satisfy that goal even if it means by an alternate route. That alternate route may be to buy another JB product, or to make sure to lock up the next pack.

The idea is that JB gets a hype kickback from producing an amount lower than demanded. It keeps their product wanted in the marketplace. Which then gives them reason to continue existing as a company when they are clearly bankrupt of originality and quality at this point.
well said. that exactly what im talkin about. furthermore people losing their minds over shoes designs that have been around for 10 years +. its geniushow they set that all up. "jordans 17-whatever aint sellin well. lets just retro the whatever in whatever colors." works everytime. "how aboutgreen, florecent brown, and watermelon? we can call that a lifestyle jordan."

Originally Posted by indohan

Get a decent job to pay your bills. Pay for what you have to pay.
Subscribe what you need, i.e. electricity, phone; not what you see, i.e. Maxim magazine.
Gas is going to be $5/gallon soon; you're gonna need more packs to pay for your craps.

You feel offended that I'm telling you what to do with your life? I'm offended by your RE-selling price.

i resell jordans too, have no problem admitting it. once someones buy j's they can do whatever. im sure you educated enough to know that. price too highdont by em. its the same business with classic cars, fix er upper houses ect...

Word! They just want your cash. if they cared they would give us the shoes that we want and the quality we need to play in and just casually wear without fearof them falling apart.

Jordan Brand and Nike has no love for the customer. AT ALL. they just want to turn a big profit. oddly enough, on the CDP 6/17 pack, they could have made A LOTmore by using good business techniques. first of all, you test the market. the 6/17 was way more hyped than all the other packs, but instead JB produced less.and they just lost profit by this because of all the resellers selling for 400+. all that extra money generated by the reselling, and none of it goes to JB.Creating hype and then producing limited runs doesn't help them, because the dedicated JB fans will already buy.
Since February 26th, i had been waiting to get the 6/17's. i worked and saved up money, which takes a long time for a 16 year old. and then i was oneastbay at 9:55. when they finally put it up, i quickly got my dad to type in his paypal information. for some reason, there was some holdup with the system,so after 10 minutes of working, we were nowhere. so i refreshed the page and added another package to my shopping cart, and then it told me that it was soldout. so i had to go on ebay and pay 90 dollars more for a package from a dirty reseller.

I went to the Jordan Love truck in Chicago years ago and they were great. Much appreciated.

I didn't even have time to read your whole post...but answering off the title alone....

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!
mad.gif

Nope. But they do what they have to do to make that money, keep the loyals happy and the ******s happy as well.

Originally Posted by E Villian

Yes, JB does appreciate it's loyal customers... and I think that the packs are a GREAT way of showing that...
Obviously, the average consumer will not be able to afford all packs, but the LOYAL customer will get his/her pack by any means, even if that means shelling out a couple of extra dollars. "Limited" set aside, JB can't help if the "average" customers beast on their product to make a quick buck for themselves. In JB's eyes, they're doing their job, by selling. In your eyes, and maybe others who didn't get the pack, JB's loyalty statement on the CDP's are BS. Believe it or not, JB actually makes enough of these packs to go around.

Just watch the Gentry video. It really changed my opinion of what I though of him and the brand. The customer will NEVER be satisfied, and he and the Brand can only do so much to satisfy our WANTS. So next time, just sit back and think, is it JB that's pooping on you, or the "average customer"...
sheep at its finest.

haha Indohan sticking it to more people by being logical and real, someones gotten explain to these people whether they want to hear it or not.

Back
Top Bottom