Does Jermaine Dupri have Street Credibility?

So, a couple of my boys are visiting ATL for a few weeks, and told me they seen JD pull up at Prime Time (a "hood" club mind you) in his Murcielago
eek.gif

They told me dude was choppin it up with everybbody and buyin the bar. He had No bodyguard or security with him.

That reminded me, I've NEVER heard of him getting "got" in the 15 years he's been in the game.

Dude is only 5'3'' so I don't understand why no one's tried to test him.

So for my NTers in the A, what's the deal? Does he have a reputation in the streets?

What set does he bang? Crip? Blood?

I noticed in the "Welcome To Atlanta" video he has some cuts in his eyebrows.

Originally Posted by jtraxx

So, a couple of my boys are visiting ATL for a few weeks, and told me they seen JD pull up at Prime Time (a "hood" club mind you) in his Murcielago
eek.gif

They told me dude was choppin it up with everybbody and buyin the bar. He had No bodyguard or security with him.

That reminded me, I've NEVER heard of him getting "got" in the 15 years he's been in the game.

So for my NTers in the A, what's the deal? Does he have a reputation in the streets?

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

anyone feel strongly about this issue? maybe enough to, i dont know, maybe throw down a few punches?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

You never really know a person...You can only judge off of outside appearances...Which you shouldn't be doing to begin (Don't judge a book by it's cover, etc).

But there's no telling who he's connected with or knows behind the scenes...You just don't know.

Maybe he just moves with respect...He gives it and gets it back in return...

Like I said, No way to really know...Not like it matters anyway.

word....plus not to mention he's got money.

i wonder if this thread will get sidetracked and go 30 pages also like the last street cred thread. is there any atl nters who dont get along if so let it beknown.

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn, I'm two inches taller than dude.

But yeah see him in person and see how ya feel about dude.

I'm hoping this looks like the fat joe thread soon. And for the record, I don't think JD has street cred as in "putting in work" cred. Hemight have respect in Atlanta which is different

[color= rgb(0, 255, 102)]Primetime is mostly the young and dumb crowd anyway.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 255, 102)]JD = no street cred but like someone said he is respected. Definitely helped Atlanta becomewhat it is today from a musical stand point.[/color]

I'm in the A and from the A...I respect dude cuz he never tried to kick it like he was so gangsta and hood. He writes good music...makes hits and getsmoney..... He was a effin dancer. Even in Hoodini's video break dancing. So there is no street cred when it comes to his resume. He just keeps it 100 withthe A and music industry.
pimp.gif

He has been doing it for a long time, people got to respect that. Plus he doesn't go out beefin with anyone or talking like he is hard so that alwayshelps. He is paid up, produced a ton of successful artists but , More importantly he has been holdin Janet down for a minute now, I don't know about youguys but that gets my respect
wink.gif

I kno some ignant out there would try to test him ... but he probably got the Da Brat with him... You know show got all the cred

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Who gives a damn about street cred. Just listen to the music and keep it movin..

but you have to remember there are rappers SO HORRIBLE, like Jeezy and Fat Joe that people MUST bring up their street cred or else they are left with"crack crack", "something lil wayne wrote", and adlibs.
laugh.gif

EDIT: almost forgot "comparisons to cars they don't own and something edible"

but you have to remember there are rappers SO HORRIBLE, like Jeezy and Fat Joe that people MUST bring up their street cred or else they are left with "crack crack", "something lil wayne wrote", and adlibs.
laugh.gif

i dunno why people sleep on Jeezy
tired.gif
...you from NYC tho soill give u a haters pass
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn, I'm two inches taller than dude.

But yeah see him in person and see how ya feel about dude.

5'5 are you're laughing at him?

Back
Top Bottom