Does lil Wayne have the most buzz since 50??

I was discussing this with my homies and it seems like this dude has a buzz that has'nt been seen since GRODT. When you have people putting your freestylemixtapes as top 20 albums in well respected magazines you know things is gonna get crazy

I mean he did HAVE a lot of buzz but as much as Curtis'? nahhh and his buzz never translated to sales so its really aint important.

smokin.gif

bless though ...

his "buzz" wasn't this big last time he dropped.

he had buzz but just think of everything that has dropped since C2 ...

and C2 did pretty good saleswise & the Birdman/BMJR cd

either way. he'll be gold in a month whenever he drops.

Nah Im so much gaguing his sales its just that Curtis buzz was at a an all time high with GRODT yet Massacre sold 8 mill. I just dont think Wayne's buzzwill even be as high as the Kanye vs. Curtis buzz. But I never really answered the question now that I look at it yes his probably is the most buzz sinceCurtis(ruling Ol Man Jigga)

smokin.gif

He's overrhyped, he will never sell double platinum. When you look at it he never had a big hit

If he comes out with a single that appeals to the mainstream, he'll be platinum in 2 weeks.

The buzz 50 had when he first dropped will be hard to top, Lil wayne got close. GRODT sold 10 mill copies? Do you guys see any artist, in any genre, everdoing these type of numbers again?

Malloy19 wrote:
The buzz 50 had when he first dropped will be hard to top, Lil wayne got close. GRODT sold 10 mill copies? Do you guys see any artist, in any genre, ever doing these type of numbers again?

Hannah Montana word to Disney

smokin.gif

Nope no way. When In Da Club came out, a lot of radio listeners who wouldn't have listened to rap music (mainly a lot of girls that liked pop) started toget into radio rap (you know, the same girls that all later bought The Massacre). P.I.M.P. Kinda did the same to a smaller degree. Well that's just what ithink. Wayne has had the biggest buzz since then though... F*** them both either way
tired.gif

50 had way more buzz....son was shot 9 times,and and that created alot of buzz

Also with the G-Unit Radios...50 was one of the first Ns to put hooks on his freestyles and *%@%.

But Wayne does have a buzz now...but son FELL OFF after Dedication 2

Originally Posted by YoungHovLucas

Hmmm. I don't know I'd have to say Graduation cause Ye's Buzz is was strong and he did big numbers...

He didnt have a buzz son
laugh.gif

Imagine all of the Game,Jadakiss,Styles P,Wayne,Ja Rule,Ashanti,Nas,Fat Joe, AND Kanye fans that bought Kanye's album just to see 50 cent fail
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

he'll sell. but only to surburban white teenagers and women, and thats about it.
dude was at his prime at D2, after that, i can't even stand listening to him.
wayne fans crack me up.

[riley]i ain't tryin to ride your @#%$ or nothin' but i'm a huge fan, no @#%$ ridin'[riley]

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Talent aside this guy has a remix to every hot song out. He has mixtapes on other people's beats being ranked higher than$%++%@ albums. Add on the factthat he's pretty much been hand picked by every hip hop publication to be the next "king". I'm not saying he's gonna do GRODT numbers butat the very least i see wayne doing 700,000 first week. I mean the dude almost made a album with baby platinum and that never had a hit single.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Talent aside this guy has a remix to every hot song out. He has mixtapes on other people's beats being ranked higher than$%++%@ albums. Add on the fact that he's pretty much been hand picked by every hip hop publication to be the next "king". I'm not saying he's gonna do GRODT numbers but at the very least i see wayne doing 700,000 first week. I mean the dude almost made a album with baby platinum and that never had a hit single.
stuntin like my daddy? that was my jam.
i'm just sayin dude fell off hard
and only kids in the suburbs and
women are going to cop. my friends would
slap me silly if i bought a wayne album.
probably my dad too. dude gets no respect
for going commerical and not keepin to the streets

When you think of 50s buzz from 02-05 it spread from the streets to the billboard charts . . . I'm not even sure if Lil Wayne has had a single go to thetop 10 or 20 ever in his life . . . When you talk about 50, I'm pretty sure he has the most #1 singles of any active rapper, and possibly more top 10singles also . . . So if you add the sales that's bringing along with the street buzz, its damn near impossible for a rapper to top that . . . Especiallyone with no hits outside of mixtapes.

True his buzz is big under the circumstance but . . . What's his highest selling album?? What's his highest charting single?? How many national tourshas he headlined?? How many international tours has he headlined?? 50 just performed in Kosovo, and this is a time when people are saying he fell off, dopeople in Kosovo know who Lil Wayne is??

I guess...but wheres the album at...he's killing it but on a mixtape level...what does he get paid for that?

its not the same type of buzz... 50 has a buzz wit EVERYBODY... only people talkin bout wayne is Ns n the hood... he got a mixtape rapper buzz which we allknow does not equal sales...

50 had a buzz for his album... not for him... weezy has a buzz, not the carter 3...

Back
Top Bottom