Does music bring out your genuine feelings for someone?

I know the power of music, but I didn't know it was this powerful. More specifically, I didn't know it could make you want to be with someone or"love" them. Blame it on the ballad or on the song, but I long for her when I've finished listening to certain songs. To name a few that havebeen in my ear, "The Nearness of You" (Norah Jones' version)--which I find myself singing at awkward moments through out theday,"Gravity" and "Many the Miles" by Sara Bareilles.

I still catch myself before I do something stupid. Maybe I shouldn't though. The song may be telling me something. I don't know. Music is crazy.

I see why the Music forum is inundated with hip-hop related topics. This love $+!$ will have you down on bended knees, word to Boyz II Men.

Neyo DO YOU...Always makes me think of my ex and how i hate her new dude.
Chris Brown say goodbye when i broke up

plus more don't wanna think about this post got me
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yea I don't mean make, I should change that.

I mean give you a false feelings that aren't really there, especially when things have ran it's course, like my man up there said.

That one Beyonce song "Flaws and All" reminds me of my ex in every aspect...I can't listen to the song without gettin' tight and thinkin'about her...oh well. Music is crazy.

i always wondered about this...it's like everytime i realy feel a chick, a new song comes out...

for instance when i first started talking to this one chick, the Alicia Keys "Teenage Love Affair" came out...we're both 21, so we switched upthe words and made it "College Love Affair"

when i hear certain songs it definitly takes me back to that time/relationship
music effects us more then we know.

Never about relationships. But certain songs that are really good, not the neo pop songs that were named before,but by artists like Sade and Anita Baker makeme imagine tropical goddesses from the Caribbean or other hot places that I would love to marry or just be with. It's quite refreshing.

always....i really like the lyrics of story telling songs even if they dont even relate to me

David Ryan Harris - For You
John Mayer - Comfortable
Katie Malua - I Cried for You
Norah Jones - What Am i To You (acoustic)
Robin Thicke - Look At Me
Daniel Bedingfield - If your not the one (acoustic)

it's definitely happened to me. i think of my boyfriend everytime i listen to by your side by sade; it says everything i can't.

Why dudes listen to sad songs after a sad experience is beyond me. Don't you want to get out of that feeling??

Good topic. There's always a certain song that takes me back to a certain time of my life. Those R&B tracks and other songs pertaining to relationshipsalways bring back memories of the chick I was with when the track(s) was/were hot (or when I played them the most). I've always found it real interestinghow music can bring back memories for people, I'd be interested to see what studies have been done on this topic too.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Why dudes listen to sad songs after a sad experience is beyond me. Don't you want to get out of that feeling??

co-sign, i dont get it.

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

co-sign, i dont get it.

well as corny as it may sound, dudes need to hear some sounds that can recognize the pain in them.

Kim
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
:Ex#2
Summer Love.
smh.gif
:Future Ex#3

your are my errything
Get along with you
Turn The Page

When i hear any of those jams one of my exes be quick to come to mind and depending on what song i start to think about past relationships in general
ohwell.gif

Son, my shoes getting stepped on is a sad experience, so should I refrain from listening to Nelly's "Air Force 1" because of it. And if so, how long after is it okay? Will the memory not resurface no matter how long I wait? So I'm to just stop listening to music altogether, huh? For fear of emotions.

Get real.

Yea depends though, i don't know all the topics of my head i just needa listen to the lyrics.

Son, my shoes getting stepped on is a sad experience, so should I refrain from listening to Nelly's "Air Force 1" because of it. And if so, how long after is it okay?
You win the award for the weakest attempt at explaining your point via an analogy. Can you honestly say that when you listen to a "sadsong" after a "sad experience" it helps you become less sad?

Why do people recommend that you NOT mope around the house and get out and do something after a breakup?
Son, its because the more you dwell on it the worse you'll feel and you'll get nothing out of it.

Son, the real reason why you love being serenaded by Ne-Yo's voice after your girl is getting banged out by another dude is because you savor self pity.

Get real.

- Your father.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Kim
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
:Ex#2
Summer Love.
smh.gif
:Future Ex#3

your are my errything
Get along with you
Turn The Page

When i hear any of those jams one of my exes be quick to come to mind and depending on what song i start to think about past relationships in general
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
I feel you on that though, I do the same thing.

I like how you try to fast talk while saying absolutely nothing relevant to the thread.

This thread is not about moping around, but the effects music have on all of us. I've been apart from this girl for two years now, but this song made methink about her. I no longer have feelings for her, but the song makes me think I do.

You just came out of left field with something bogus and tried to back it up with something more bogus. Next time, think before you hit the "addreply" button, and that goes for all those who co-signed your little remark as well.

Now the thread can ensue...

Back
Top Bottom