Does NT listen to LA The Dark Man or Wille The Kid?

I loved "Heist of the Century" but LAD changed his style up completely when he started rolling with Drama and them

LA opened up for Wu-Tang last night, put on a good show. Performed some songs of Heist of the Century, Devil in a Blue Dress of Soul Assasins and some new verses/tracks.

I got stories bout these *#$!$#
30t6p3b.gif
but both of these dudes got dropped by Drama. So that should tell you something

Originally Posted by cartune

30t6p3b.gif

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
STORY PLEASE!!!
nerd.gif

yea like in 07 maybe. "this aint rap its a drive by, catch ya man slippin walkin outta popeyes" only Willie the kid song I ever liked. I classify him as a no hit wonder. Someone who hadda chance to do something but maybe kept quiet, maybe depended on other people to promote and push them "to the top". Im not tryna hate on him in general, he was just one out of hundreds of "freshmen" or "rookie" that you hear about for like a minute then you forget about. HUNDREDS!!!

Never listened to La tho. Prolly in the same boat. IMO

With WTK it's all about him staying in his LANE, them singles from Dram's album and the stuff that was on his tapes (pre-Absolute Greatness) is not his best work. The recent mixtapes have been dope, but he's definitely an acquired taste.

I posted about it on my blog, in regards to the song "Splendid"

Spoiler [+]
Willie the Kid's debut album, Absolute Greatness, dropped in September 2008. The majority of the songs on the album had been interjected into numerous DJ Drama mixtapes in the months prior, which soured my reception of the album. I remember seeing a billboard promoting the album a few months before the release and it did reach #20 on the Billboard Rap Charts, so I guess it was success, but as a fan I wanted to hear more than just the rehashed songs.

For the majority of the album WTK decided to go with the drug dealing/money throwing/expensive clothes wearing lane. The lead single "Love For Money" is a great example of that.

"Splendid!" was a smooth lane change and was by far the best song lyrically and depth wise on the entire album. The lyrics had me on some revivalist type iddish (c) Median.

Originally Posted by KicksBoyWonder

Originally Posted by cartune

30t6p3b.gif

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
STORY PLEASE!!!
nerd.gif

Well a lot of it is on some street %##+. The final straw was when some of they associates set somebody up. But the back story is Drama had La as the president of AMG. La was taking money under the table when Drama would sell hosting. And add to the fact LA was the main reason Drama and CTE had problems Drama just wasnt taking it no more.

Back
Top Bottom